49 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Conte sack watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Conte sack watch

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
breva wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hilarious.

Higuiain cost more than any striker in Spurs history, but apparently they have some unreal budget which Napoli can't compete with.

Napoli transfer budget ~40M euro, Tottenham transfer budget ~ 90M sterling. Tottenham has nearly 3 times the budget of Napoli.  So yes, it is unreal and Naploi cannot compete with it.

Says who?  Spurs didn't spend anywhere near that amount.

Here's actual factual numbers.

Napoli spent over 40m euros on Higuain, Spurs have spent 50m on forwards in total in the last 5 years.

Stop acting like they are City or United, let your boy Sarri beat Shakhtar before you start chatting BS.

Last year, Napoli spent 60 Million Euros to Spurs 110 Million Euros. You are intelligent enough to know that one big transfer in Higuain does not make the finances of both teams comparable.

Spurs also sold 92m, leading to a net transfer of 17.5m. Napoli by contract purchased 62m worth of players and only sold 8m, leading to a net transfer of 54m, roughly three times as much.

Please see yourself out :coffee:

The idea that Spurs are these heavy spenders is ridiculous, they have a hard enough time giving their existing players raises to keep them around and financing their new stadium.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:07 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Conte would find away to lament lack of funds if he was coaching a NT. He is the Italian Mou/Benitez. Can't function without an unlimited budget and Fifa Manager transfers. Such an overrated coach

I listened this for every top manager in last 20 years Laughing
These are typical Conte players though.
He wants athletic players first of all , work rate I mean ( I still remember his melodrama after Giaccherini selling  )  but you can't snubb quality in Premier League.
He showed his limits as manager . It was first time in career to manage team with many funds available ( in Juve , Marotta /Paratici make mercato) and he flopped it.
He was legit last year because he did what he can do better than anyone : managing a very good team with no cups and came off brutal season ( so no pressure  , " we aren't favorite. " " Man , the 5th place would be an amazing result  " etc etc .).
But that's another sport.
It seems he  gets into trouble when the pressure rises .. reason why he left Juve (after an unreal league, 102 points).. reason why he is crap on knock-out games. So I don't believe he 'd be good signing for Paris Saint Germain.
If it is true he was legit with Italy, tbh Italy are still celebrating to be knocked out from GOATmany just after penalty kicks.
But after all we are talking about a NT that is 20th in Ranking FIFA after Tunisia. Not so good imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Robespierre wrote:
CBarca wrote:Even if I give that to you, the fact remains that Sarri's Napoli went out with 6 points in a group of Shaktar, City, and Feyenoord. Shaktar in second got 12.

Horrific CL performance

Although I agree there are a lot of similarities between them, and Poch too went out the previous year in the group stages, so when I say what I say, it's not in support of Poch (as I've said, I view them on similar levels as there are indeed many parallels), it's just me pointing out that if they didn't take CL seriously then the results are arguably even more embarrassing for Napoli.

I rate Pochettino above Sarri though
tbh i think poch is a very good manager but he gets over rated a bit. 2 seasons ago he came 2nd in the lge and liverpool were way behind them. roll on this season and liverpool are infront of them dispite having a worst defence. a worst keeper. and a worst MF. people might say salah has a crazy goal record but so does kane. they have erikson pulling the strings for them and we lost coutinho who was our erikson.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:48 pm

Unique wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
CBarca wrote:Even if I give that to you, the fact remains that Sarri's Napoli went out with 6 points in a group of Shaktar, City, and Feyenoord. Shaktar in second got 12.

Horrific CL performance

Although I agree there are a lot of similarities between them, and Poch too went out the previous year in the group stages, so when I say what I say, it's not in support of Poch (as I've said, I view them on similar levels as there are indeed many parallels), it's just me pointing out that if they didn't take CL seriously then the results are arguably even more embarrassing for Napoli.

tbh i think poch is a very good manager but he gets over rated a bit. 2 seasons ago he came 2nd in the lge and liverpool were way behind them. roll on this season and liverpool are infront of them dispite having a worst defence. a worst keeper. and a worst MF. people might say salah has a crazy goal record but so does kane. they have erikson pulling the strings for them and we lost coutinho who was our erikson.

Well I didn't say over Guardiola, I said over Sarri. We can say same thing about Sarri
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Benitez can't function without obscene funds, what is that nonsense? The only time in his career where had funds was Madrid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Unique wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Well I didn't say over Guardiola, I said over Sarri. We can say same thing about Sarri
well at the moment you cant even say he is better than klopp let alone pep.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Benitez can't function without obscene funds, what is that nonsense?  The only time in his career where had funds was Madrid.
agree. liverpool under rafa was the most feared team in europe and his squad was not even in the top 10 in terms of quality.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Unique wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Benitez can't function without obscene funds, what is that nonsense?  The only time in his career where had funds was Madrid.
agree. liverpool under rafa was the most feared team in europe

christ you do post some utter nonsense
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Unique wrote:tbh i think poch is a very good manager but he gets over rated a bit. 2 seasons ago he came 2nd in the lge and liverpool were way behind them. roll on this season and liverpool are infront of them dispite having a worst defence. a worst keeper. and a worst MF. people might say salah has a crazy goal record but so does kane. they have erikson pulling the strings for them and we lost coutinho who was our erikson.

Liverpool has a game in hand and is only ahead by 2 points, let's wait to see how it plays out, I don't think Liverpool has that 3rd place guaranteed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:
agree. liverpool under rafa was the most feared team in europe

christ you do post some utter nonsense
nobody and i mean nobody wanted to get liverpool in the champions lge when rafa was boss. we disposed of some big teams with masses of world class players. we were the kind of team that people dreded playing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Unique wrote:tbh i think poch is a very good manager but he gets over rated a bit. 2 seasons ago he came 2nd in the lge and liverpool were way behind them. roll on this season and liverpool are infront of them dispite having a worst defence. a worst keeper. and a worst MF. people might say salah has a crazy goal record but so does kane. they have erikson pulling the strings for them and we lost coutinho who was our erikson.

Liverpool has a game in hand and is only ahead by 2 points, let's wait to see how it plays out, I don't think Liverpool has that 3rd place guaranteed.
the point is they have erikson and we lost coutinho. salah and kane are close when it comes to goals so call that even. the rest of the spurs team from MF to back 4 to keeper are better than liverpool so if we finish 2-3 points more than them or they finish 2-3 points more than us would be a underachevment from spurs tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:44 pm

Unique wrote:
agree. liverpool under rafa was the most feared team in europe and his squad was not even in the top 10 in terms of quality.

Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:55 pm

S wrote:
Unique wrote:

Laughing
how good would you rate the liverpool squad that made 2 champions lge finals winning 1 of them. i would love to say we were the best team in europe at the time but the truth is in terms of quality in the squad we were way off the best teams in europe.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:00 am

Unique is right here tbh, Liverpool had a great striker and midfield 3 but the rest of the team was bang average.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:02 am

He said Rafa made them the most feared team in Europe which is a bit of an exaggeration.

I would say they were the Atletico Madrid of that era. An era where PL clubs were totally dominant much like Liga clubs in this decade. Between 2002-2012 , each of the 'big 4' reached atleast one final. Pool made 2 winning 1, Chelsea made 2 winning 1, United made 3 winning 1 and Arsenal made 1 winning none.

They were certainly a top team in Europe at the time under Rafa but arguably Chelsea and United were more dominant. Infact if there's one team that top clubs dreaded facing, I think it would be Chelsea during that era.

But Benitez is a complete jabroni right now though so there's no point on whether he did or did/does not have funds to work with since he'd squander most of it anyway.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:33 am

The team I feared the most at the time no doubt was Milan. Then it was Chelsea and Barca. Liverpool was more like the dangerous underdog.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Says who?  Spurs didn't spend anywhere near that amount.

Here's actual factual numbers.

Napoli spent over 40m euros on Higuain, Spurs have spent 50m on forwards in total in the last 5 years.

Stop acting like they are City or United, let your boy Sarri beat Shakhtar before you start chatting BS.

Last year, Napoli spent 60 Million Euros to Spurs 110 Million Euros. You are intelligent enough to know that one big transfer in Higuain does not make the finances of both teams comparable.

Spurs also sold 92m, leading to a net transfer of 17.5m. Napoli by contract purchased 62m worth of players and only sold 8m, leading to a net transfer of 54m, roughly three times as much.

Please see yourself out :coffee:

The idea that Spurs are these heavy spenders is ridiculous, they have a hard enough time giving their existing players raises to keep them around and financing their new stadium.

Didn't say Spurs are heavy spenders.

Just replying to the idea that Higuain's transfer is in any way representative of Napoli's usual business practice.

Also, regardless of transfer activity, Spurs is roughly three times the value of Napoli as a club.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Italy NT
AC Europa
Arsenal
Beijing Dragons
Year away from football

what are your bets on?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Italy already has Mancini, should be announced soon. He just officially quit Zenit.

Napoli or Milan are my bets.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Conte is headed back to Italy, either to coach or relax, he never seemed to enjoy being in England.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Conte on not qualifying for UCL: "I am the last person to speak about this, you can ask the club"

kinda crazy how he keeps absolving himself of any blame for this season

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun May 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Vintage Conte!!!! *Michael Cole voice*

He tried blaming our transfer policy after getting blasted for flopping miserably in Europe the season we left in the groups

Whilst I have my own annoyances regarding our spending, the team we had then should have done much more than what we did. Was pathetic.

Conte seems to literally throw in the towel if he thinks his team has already lost something. Like that game Vs City where instead of making a game of it, the entire team basically walked for 90 minutes and pressed collectively for about 10 seconds.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Firenze wrote:Conte on not qualifying for UCL: "I am the last person to speak about this, you can ask the club"

kinda crazy how he keeps absolving himself of any blame for this season

true. he is starting to sound like mourinho.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Chelsea will reportedly sack Antonio Conte in the next few days, despite winning the FA Cup.

According to BeIN Sports and Premium Sport, an announcement could be made within the next 24 hours.

The Italian took charge of Chelsea in the summer of 2016 and won the Premier League in his first season.

However, his second campaign saw the Blues fail to qualify for the Champions League, although he ended it with victory over Manchester United at Wembley.

It had also been overshadowed by reports of a breakdown between the Coach and Chelsea’s board.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 21, 2018 7:31 pm

looks like carlo is coming back then.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 pm

No. He will be managing Napoli next season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next