Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
Jay29
43 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 pm

The following is a really interesting extra from a book written by an agent on transfers:

“Since Stan Kroenke took a majority shareholding in the club, they have created matrices for players, a bit like Moneyball.

"And if a player doesn’t quite meet all the criteria, the matrix tells them not to offer more than a certain amount. That is what Arsene means when he talks about value.

“Four years ago, they bought a company called StatDNA in Chicago, which owns an operation in Cambodia where they crunch every conceivable number relating to a footballer.

"They will take a player and collate data based on every pass, sprint, shot, assist, goal – you name it – he has ever made. These stats are fed into a computer that assesses strengths and weaknesses against every professional in the game before producing an overall value of that player.

“Arsenal tend to use statistics to raise questions or confirm observations on possible targets and sometimes unearth players for scouting. There are occasions where it will cause them to re-examine a candidate who has been scouted, but senior figures at the club believe the data can remove doubts that they might otherwise have had or encourage them to sign a player from their rivals.

“Arsenal insist they take decisions primarily driven by scouting, and the human rather than numerical characteristics of a potential target. Ultimately all decisions are made by Arsene.”

“Arsenal’s operational model is based on an American corporate style,” Smith told Standard Sport. “I think StatDNA takes time to churn out the information they need. Of course, they can monitor players all year round but an individual’s statistical data changes with every game. That probably slows the system down.

“Fans have got to understand that while we all grow up with tribal loyalties in our hearts, clubs are businesses now. Arsenal is the archetypal co-habiting club in sport and business. It crosses that divide. It may be a bit lugubrious in its football dealings sometimes but that’s because it is a business.

“In the end, by signing the players they did, Arsenal’s summer dealings were in the top five of all clubs.

“If I have a criticism of them, it is that they are stand-off-ish in the transfer market. They don’t always make the running because they are Arsenal and think that is enough.

"Nowadays, nobody cares who you are – it's just Jerry Maguire: show me the money. They sometimes have a corporate stand-off mentality that doesn’t play well even though they are all very decent and professional people.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/the-deal-arsene-wengers-moneyball-works-but-next-arsenal-boss-needs-super-agents-like-manchester-a3339776.html

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:22 pm

So glad we didn't end up with Vardy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 am

Spanish paper Sport going big on Bellerin to Barca. Yes, it's one those campaigns again. Rolling Eyes

Funny thing is, they state that Arsenal "accustomed to selling" and could sell for €35m rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 am

Tabloid trash

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 am

We should fwd this response to Barcelona

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:35 am

It's no use.

They will think they are entitled and we owe them a cut price deal. That somehow Bellerin has Barca in his DNA and no matter how happy and settled he may be in London, he is somehow here against his will and we are some kind of monsters kidnapping him. Even his press statements about satisfaction in London will be painted as severe cases of Stockholm Syndrome or something.

Can't straighten a pig's tail - or something like that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:39 am

There are some contextual differences this time, though:

* We're much better off now, than we were in 2009-11.
* There is no Pep #4 at Barca as manager, who Cesc grew up worshipping - in this case Bellerin.
* Spain are not juggernaut top dogs in Euros and WCs at the moment, that Bellerin pines to play with on a daily basis - he's not even a full time NT member yet for that matter.

If he does throw a tantrum and behave the way Fabregas did that summer, then I have no inhibitions whipping his arse off - no matter how good a player he is. I think team ethic is more important.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Ignoring wages for a sec, is there any place for yaya at Arsenal?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 pm

No.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:29 am

The Times claim that 'sources close to Hector Bellerin' say he prefers to reject Arsenal's new five year contract worth nearly £100kpw to join Man City this summer. Barcelona also in the equation.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/bellerin-tempted-by-city-and-barcelona-swkcccdmb

His current deal expires in 2019.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 pm

That source being his agent who is looking for (a) a big money deal commission, and/or (b) higher wages for Bellerin, and/or (c) Barcelona players?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Anyone seriously worried that Ramsey is going to leave soon?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Not especially. Talented player but one that's difficult to fit in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Yea that's what is worrying me. Ramsey is the sort of guy who wants to start every match. The only position I can see him start is instead of Cazorla. But Cazorla is in great form...

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Why would he leave?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:05 pm

He's talked up moving to Spain (i.e. Barca, Madrid...) if the opportunity comes up a couple of times. And similar to what RG said, he won't enjoy being on the bench or playing out of his best position.

But meh, adapt or die. It's either him or Ozil and we all know who wins that battle.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:14 pm

If he wants to play for an elite team he'll have to accept being on the bench lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:19 pm

It's not that he wants to play for Barca or Madrid that badly. It's more to do with how our team is set now and Arsene will never change it unless an injury happens or we go on a losing streak.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 pm

lol I for one honestly won't be surprised if Wenger tries to sneak in Ramsey somewhere regardless if we're on a good run.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Ramsey has no leverage tbh, hasn't performed consistently since that 2013/14 half-season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez: Arsenal were interested in signing me
“There was contact with Arsenal,” Mahrez told Canal Football Club. “But Leicester wanted to keep me and I was pretty expensive. I did not want to create a conflict when the offer came in.

“Personally, I think it is a good thing I stayed put. It’s now up to me to prove myself again.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/10/leicester-riyad-mahrez-arsenal-interest
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:45 am

Fair enough. At least he wasn't arrogant or cocky about it and I can respect that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:26 am

http://sportwitness.co.uk/stars-father-says-doesnt-understand-club-strategy-given-arsenal-keen-sign/

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Can anyone see us being involved in the winter market?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Can see us pursuing a LB, at most.

Focus wouldn't be on first team, so can see us adding a couple more to the youth ranks.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:54 pm

It'll depend on injury. I can't see us going for anyone if we don't have any major injuries to deal with by then.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next