Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
Jay29
43 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:10 pm

'We were saving money for a striker but there was nobody available'

And that kids is why we'll not make any signings in the next 2 weeks.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:08 pm

We have no ****ing CBs right now

Pay the damn fee
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Mustafi DONE,Mahrez Next,Blimey ...
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Arsenal reminds me of me in terms of money. I love to watch the money pile up. But, goddammit, if I'm starving, I'll shill out for a kebab or three. Arsenal are on the verge of starvation and Wenger won't even pony up for a few goji berries and a peanut butter cup Mad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Apparently it's a difference of 3m lmao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Wenger buy us some goji berries plz sir
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Even IF we are tight financially, which we arent, why did he buy 20mill worth of prospects we dont even fing need in rob hoding and asano? why didnt he focus that money on buying experience first and the youngsters second? moron.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Osman ‏@OsmanZtheGooner 2h2 hours ago
Valencia want £30m for Mustafi but Arsenal value him nearer to £20m (@SamiMokbel81_DM) Laughing

well as the haggling over the Mustafi fee, there has been confusion over the agents involved in the deal (@SamiMokbel81_DM)

There is no way we signing him Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Time to vent

Seeing how we dealing Mustafi transfer enrage me to no end, Valencia is desperate, Lim wants out asap.

Look at Barcelona, they literally hijacked Gomes right under their rival nose and now they linked with Paco & Diego who could possibily join earlier than Mustafi. Paco is Valencia pride, captain, 80 mil buy out clause and now they might be able to buy him for value under 30 mil. Btw we could use a Paco right about now. And cut all the quality crap, Barcelona is defending champion of all people, they identify weakness, get deals done early. I know comparing us with Barcelona is laughable but still it boggle my mind how they are lightning quick with their transfer even with difficult deal and we are slow af. Get on the freaking plane, fly to wherever Lim is and close the damn deal.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: deadwood and transfers out. Wenger used to be a master of selling players, including good players, at the right time for maximum profit on soon-to-be-diminishing returns. I think around 2011-2012 things started going south fast, and the market developed beyond Wenger's own particular special touch. Ever since, the club has been better at holding on to key players, and that's good, but there's almost been an over-correction.

Go back to the summer of 2013, and look at who's left the club. Gervinho and Vermaelen both brought in a bit of money, but TONS of players who either looked young/promising or had significant first team experience left for free or for pennies. Very little income from sold players these days. It's not a very sustainable model for the kind of club Arsenal want to be, no? A middle ground needs to be found between being a selling club, on one hand, and an oligarch-style club that doesn't need to worry as much about the long-term implications of expensive deadwood.

One of several Arsenal players who demonstrates this systemic shortcoming for me, these days, is Joel Campbell. Either give him consistent match time for a while (he's earned it imo), or capitalize on the investment and SELL HIM. Get some money to re-invest. But no ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:30 am

Arseblog wrote: Apparently we’re looking at Simon Kjaer and a Turkish international called Omer Toprak. I’m very dubious, to be honest, it sounds like we’re getting it out there that we have alternatives to Mustafi so we won’t be held over a barrel by Valencia.

It’s a bit late for that. There are as yet undiscovered tribes deep in the Amazon rain forest who know that Arsenal need a centre-half. Trying to play hard-ball via the media is nonsense at this point. If it’s going to be more expensive than you’d like, perhaps think about changing your policy so you’re not going into negotiations with such a weak hand.

The suggestion that the price is an issue because we’re keeping money aside for the signing of a striker doesn’t make much sense to me either. Even if we’re going for a striker who would cost us a fortune – and that’s pretty much any forward with two legs and a half-decent goalscoring record in this current market – it’s not as if we have to pay for it all in one go. Payments are staggered, we earn a lot every year from television, commercial deals, gate receipts etc, so it’s not as if we have to empty Stan Kroenke’s precious cash reserves to make it happen.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Hammclrr

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:41 am

I'm actually calm on Mustafi at the moment. I think we'll sign him eventually. Sure, it's annoying that it's not happening as quickly as it needs to, but I've seen plenty of Arsenal transfers that have reached this haggling stage that do go through in the end. The Xhaka transfer was like this. One day a fee is agreed, the next we're 15mil apart, the next it's agreed again then the next day he's signing.

But currently Mustafi is the only signing I can see happening between now and the end of the window. I don't know what forward Arsenal think they have to raise funds for but at this point it feels unlikely one will arrive when there's so little time for the selling team to bring in a replacement.

Incidentally, Paco Alcacer for less than 30mil is a really good deal for somebody and I have no idea why we wouldn't be all over that all things considered.

Last edited by Jay29 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:47 am; edited 3 times in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:45 am

That's why the 'saving funds' part sounds like so much of BS

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:30 am

It looks like Wenger absolutely counted on Vardy's arrival at the beginning of the summer and didn't have a backup plan at all. Which is irresponsible of course, even if he couldn't predict Vardy staying, surely he should've thought about the possibility that someone else might snatch him from our hands.

Vardy for €25m seemed like a bargain and he's looking to find another deal like this. While €35m for Paco Alcacer must seem absurd in his eyes.

He's completely wrong in his valuation of strikers of course but what can we do.

I'm sure we'll get Mustafi too, at some point we'll be forced to pay what Valencia want and we're in a desperate position. But the backup CB and top striker seems impossible now. I guess Holding and Asano will be good enough. By the way I'm pretty sure I predicted in a joking way that Holding and Asano to be our only signings post-Xhaka and it's pretty sad that this is becoming true now Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:58 am

Well, we did put in some 30m for Lacazette, that should have been our plan B. But that is still not enough, to say that we could not identify anyone after those two didn't happen.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:16 am

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/valencia-waiting-for-arsenal-to-meet-mustafi-price/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I don't have any words left for how this club does business.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:34 am

€25m. That's £21.7m.

That's a perfectly reasonable price for his quality, age, experience and the time we're approaching them in the window.

United got Bailly, a defender from another La Liga side but two months earlier, for around £30m.

And yet we haggle?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:04 am

Wenger wasn't kidding when he said he treats the club money like his own. Its disgusting how this old man running the club. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 am

That's a steal. We should
Sri wrote:http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/valencia-waiting-for-arsenal-to-meet-mustafi-price/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Sririously why do even believe these reports would have an ounce of correct information?
Why would the *bleep* MIRROR know just how much valencia are asking and what Arsenal are ready to pay.
They're making stuff up to fit in between the things everyone knows, as they always do, and they might honestly invent these kinds of "haggling over 3m" stories just to troll depressed Arsenal fans like yourselves.

I'm getting *bleep* depressed just visiting this section ffs.

But look at the bottom line. Arsenal are getting a top young CB for a price that could well be considered a steal, while you're rivals are shelling out bigger sums for worse players.
What's the problem?

Why are you incapable of not only seeing the negatives?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:40 am

A bit harsh there Hans, here are some of the facts:

- Mustafi is still not here which means Arsenal will have to play inexperinced pair for one or two more weeks. Worst case scenario is some more points dropped.

- Valencia is desperate which means anyone could come in at last minute to hijack the deal ( pls not this time Barca). He is quality defender, I won't be surprised if some other clubs involved

- Mustafi himself might not be match fit, who knows how long it will take him to get to team level

3 mil or 30 mil are not an issue, Mirror story might be bullshit but u can not deny all of above facts, and fans are anry because of that. As long as his name doesnt appear on the club website, there is always uncertainty. You remember " Friends", for 10 straight seasons, their fans had to suffer will they/ wont they narrative. Well Arsenal fans are worse since we dont even know if the deal will go through in the end while donkey Ross was always destined with Rachel in the end.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Arsenal are getting a top young CB for a price that could well be considered a steal, while you're rivals are shelling out bigger sums for worse players.
What's the problem?

I'll take your view once that is on the .com, confirmed. Not when what we have at best are rumors one month after Per was sidelined.

I already told you. Stop painting a rosy picture where there is none.

My negativity pissing you off? Imagine how I must feel to talk like this about a club I have supported for close to 15 years now and about a man who made me fall in love with the sport and the club, when I was growing up in a different time zone and continent. If you can imagine that, you will begin to see how hurt me and probably a million other Arsenal fans are at this point.

If you don't get that, then *bleep* the hell out of this section.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:46 am

Twoism wrote:A bit harsh there Hans, here are some of the facts:

- Mustafi is still not here which means Arsenal will have to play inexperinced pair for one or two more weeks. Worst case scenario is some more points dropped.

- Valencia is desperate which means anyone could come in at last minute to hijack the deal ( pls not this time Barca). He is quality defender, I won't be surprised if some other clubs involved

- Mustafi himself might not be match fit, who knows how long it will take him to get to team level

3 mil or 30 mil are not an issue, Mirror story might be bullshit but u can not deny all of above facts, and fans are anry because of that. As long as his name doesnt appear on the club website, there is always uncertainty. You remember " Friends", for 10 straight seasons, their fans had to suffer will they/ wont they narrative. Well Arsenal fans are worse since we dont even know if the deal will go through in the end while donkey Ross was always destined with Rachel in the end.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 197

Also, 10 points for the out-of-the-blue FRIENDS reference Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:That's a steal. We should
Sri wrote:http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/valencia-waiting-for-arsenal-to-meet-mustafi-price/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Sririously why do even believe these reports would have an ounce of correct information?
Why would the *bleep* MIRROR know just how much valencia are asking and what Arsenal are ready to pay.
They're making stuff up to fit in between the things everyone knows, as they always do, and they might honestly invent these kinds of "haggling over 3m" stories just to troll depressed Arsenal fans like yourselves.

I'm getting *bleep* depressed just visiting this section ffs.

But look at the bottom line. Arsenal are getting a top young CB for a price that could well be considered a steal, while you're rivals are shelling out bigger sums for worse players.
What's the problem?

Why are you incapable of not only seeing the negatives?

Bro, after so many mediocre seasons, excuses and false hopes, eventually people just stop believing. I mean, you can compare fans' opinions right here over the years and you'd see a small difference year after year. In a year with such significant changes and investments, for the same old failed formula to be applied again and again is beyond frustrating.

It's not that we only see the negatives, it's that we don't believe the positives anymore. We're pretty much the abused woman who after years of her partner cheating on her finally got fed up with all that shit, want a nice guy who makes us laugh and has a nice smile (but is also rich Laughing).
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 am

I cant believe you guys falling for his bait...Hans is clearly trolling us. Laughing

This is what he does best. Very Happy

Sushi women never like nice guys, just rich. Wink
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 am

It helps when you are a Sushi Master as well. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I cant believe you guys falling for his bait...Hans is clearly trolling us. Laughing

This is what he does best. Very Happy

Sushi women never like nice guys, just rich. Wink

I'm not trolling ffs.
Every year the same shit.

I guess it's annual "get out of our section if you're not willing to participate in our doom and gloom" season.
Getting called a troll when I'm having the opinion that not all is terrible Laughing

Only at Arsenal.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next