Section Management

4 posters

Go down

Section Management  Empty Section Management

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Dear friends,

I have opened this thread in order to stimulate the growth of popularity and activity of the Manchester United section, as well as to consider new managerial and organisational ideas which could flourish the overall aesthetics and aspect of it.

My vision regarding the management of our sub forum is based only on good intentions and it can be clearly seen in the words I said above.

To hit the road in the direction of the barely set vision, we must name our objectives.

I expose my contribution in this regard through a list of what I consider it should become the foundation of the change that I want.

I only have one detail to mention at the moment.

1. Quality over quantity. It is a well known thing that I often write short posts that have nothing incremental to add. We should all avoid this, in my opinion.

Quality also means very well formatted posts. If readability is good, everything looks better. Furthermore, wording makes the text easier to understand. If your posts are long, break them in more paragraphs and don't forget to avoid using very long phrases. Find a balance when it comes about the length of the paragraphs. Use bold, italics or underlined words to emphasize something when it is needed.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Besides, I also have a view regarding another possible objective. It is in relation to the approach of how we create new threads and how we divide them for a better and more logical structure.

Right now, I have in my mind something that I want to debate.

How shall we partition the threads concerning commentaries on future or past matches? Should we leave the Europa League and the EPL (+CC & FA Cup) threads as they are now? Or should we create new threads for each match in particular? Maybe we could use both matchday threads and the other two.

Don't forget that we aim for more quality posts, for a better organised and better looking section in order to grow the overall experience in here. Correlate your answers to this.

Feel free to express your ideas and bring new concepts in discussions in the interest of bringing the section to another level!

Kind regards,
Captain, Vlad.  pirat
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Section Management  Empty Re: Section Management

Post by Glory Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:02 am

I personally have no problem with individual threads as long as we get to at least a couple of pages everytime. Or may be we can try a month thread ? Like for eg, September thread where we put the (league)matches that we play in September and then so forth ? Just a suggestion. The Europa League and domestic cups can have individual threads on top of it.

Great job Vlad man btw for constantly taking the effort to make this section better. :bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:15 am

Thank you!  pirat

I firmly believe that we, United fans, deserve a better environment in this forum. To have this environment, we all must seek to give a hand and help. It can't be done by oneself. If there's something that I can help with, it's some organisational things. I can use my project management skills. Laughing

At first, I liked the idea of a monthly thread for league games. Then I changed my mind and I've decided to create separate threads for a few games to see how will people react and what changes there will be. * What do you think?

I think the EPL thread can also stay, because there we can debate or review generic aspects regarding our situation in the league.

In the matchday threads, we will have a certain format. * Give your own suggestions, but wouldn't it be nice if we have a pattern to respect?

My view: A nice OP about the match, followed by line up and score predictions, then the match itself, where I can see us writing short posts during the game or at the half time (would be nice to have these kind of "spammy" posts with a lot of interjections and exclamations only in the matchday threads).

After all these, we should all go for a review.

Also, I think it would be amazing if somebody watches rivals' games, to post in the "Our Rivals" thread.

Meanwhile, I would like to hear the point of view of the other Manchester United fans from here.

pirat
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:59 am

Proceed mate. I am with you. Let's see how the individual threads pan out. As long as it aint just me and you posting there I think we will be fine.
Rival threads of course. We all I guess watch our rivals in action. So a minute or 2 to fill in those parts wont be much a problem.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:04 pm

I created that separate thread we were talking about for the home game against Bournemouth. Not much written there yet, but I hope that at least the two of us will have a post match discussion about the tactics, line-up, individual performances, the fans, atmosphere and the general vibe around the club.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:08 pm

I guess I'll stick to writing in the old thread and won't be creating any more of this kind of separate threads for matchdays, given the fact that nobody seems to think it is a good idea for stimulation of posting.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 am

You did great man. Sad at this point we are not making it happen. But do stay put. If we continue to remain active in the common matchday thread and the player threads and rival threads(which I will post from next week onwards) hopefully things will improve in the near future. A couple of new guys coming to our fanbase to contribute wont hurt either. Let's see. Once again you deserve great praise man for trying to pull the wagon by yourself. Sorry we are disappointing you.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:07 am

By the way, if you like I can move a matchday thread for a while in the GenSec and back later so that more people can see it. Just leave me a PM and I will take care of this as soon as I'm online and have the time.

The same goes for threads that need to be split, merged or renamed. I usually help out the management of the Juve and Bayern sections, too, so I guess I can do this for ManUtd, as well. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:23 am

@Glory Thanks for the kind words! My assumption is that the other GL users who didn't post in the separate thread for the Soton game saw it and thought that it is useless to write there as long as they already have a thread for EPL matches.

It is possible that they didn't understand my view regarding the organization of the threads which was to talk about more generic aspects in the old thread and more aspects related directly to the match itself in the separate thread. I also thought that it could be a psychological factor. But I believe they don't share the same perspective with me. So, I think it is useless to create threads in the same way, without changing something after we had bad results with the initial idea.

When it comes about new users, I don't think they will come here just because the activity of this section will rise at its old standard. The problem is somewhere else. To be more specific, Goal Legacy doesn't have a strong online marketing campaign to promote itself on the web.

Social media websites and Google have the most powerful tools to promote yourself on the web. If I search on Google "football forum", I get on the first page other football forums. So for example, most probably my compatriots will create an account on those forums and not on Goal Legacy.

By the way, nobody is disappointing me. The activity is decent since EPL started.

@rwo power

I suspect that you didn't fully understand my point of view with regard to the better management of this section.

Moving the thread in the general section will cause it to become a thread predominantly with trolling posts. Even though I know that there could be some reliable posts, I prefer it 100% clean. Besides this, for me it is important that the MUTD fans active on this forum, share their opinions between them and a thread in the general section would discourage this. Some of the users, including me, don't write serious posts there or we don't write at all.

Thanks anyway! You are very nice! You are welcome to express new ideas whenever you feel inspired! Very Happy

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:33 am

Well, no problem! As I said - if you need some moderator action in any way, just feel free to ask! Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:56 am

rwo power wrote:Well, no problem! As I said - if you need some moderator action in any way, just feel free to ask! Smile

I got one. Can you move Madrid section to Rest of the world please.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Denied :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator