DeviAngel
Tomwin Lannister
Casciavit
Luca
juve_gigi
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Gonzalo Higuain worth €94 million??? Empty Is Gonzalo Higuain worth €94 million???

Post by juve_gigi Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:57 pm

That is the question. It all depends.  But that number does sound a bit freaky in a "good way" when you read the following...

"UEFA Champions League Prize Money 2016 (Winners Real Madrid set to earn €94 million)...

Real Madrid are set to pocket minimum €94 million after winning their 11th european title, Atletico Madrid will get €82 million all together in performances related bonues and market pool..."

If this doesn't freak you out then I don't know what will.  I think we've officially entered the twilight zone...

The stars are aligned. The blue jerseys are back in vogue. HERNANES is still with us.

Welcome aboard the Juve freight train Gonzalo Higuain. I'm confident you will enjoy the ride!!!!!  

cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Is Gonzalo Higuain worth €94 million??? Empty Re: Is Gonzalo Higuain worth €94 million???

Post by Luca Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:01 am

No he isn't

But I respect Juventus for buying him anyways and everyone should too. This is an ambitious move, this is move is a promise to the club and the fans of what we are trying to do.

How many players did we miss out on due to their cost over the years? How many Borriello's did we have to sign on a loan at the last second because everything else failed? How many Jorge Martinez and Krasic's did we have to sit through?

Sometimes you have to go for broke and that's what this move is Molenation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Is Gonzalo Higuain worth €94 million??? Empty Re: Is Gonzalo Higuain worth €94 million???

Post by Casciavit Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 am

A player is worth what another club is willing to pay for him. I mean sure it's an overpriced transfer, but at the end of the day if he scores 30 goals every season for the next 3-4 years and you end up winning the Champions League, who cares?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:22 am

Let's put things in to perspective here

Pogba and Morata alone will net us 150M euros

Add around 40M more if we sell players such as Zaza and replace them with some cheap young prospects.

By the time you add together player sales, and subtract every single player we've bought so far including Higuain we're actually running this Summer window at a profit.

So is Higuain as a standalone purchase 'worth' all of that money? Probably not.

But in reality, bringing in Higuain has not done us any financial damage whatsoever and we can easily swing it with Pogbas sale. Not to mention the last true weak spot in this team (Assuming we sort out midfield out) was the lack of WC #9. That has just been addressed. Emphatically.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:48 am

Hell no.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:59 am

I think higuain transfer is more than just football on it

goals make higuain worth something around 60 million i would say But its not only about goals and football

we need charsmatic players capable to make new fans

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:01 am

As per Surag's list:

Updating in and out list.

In :
Pjanic - €32M
Alves - €0
Benatia - €3M loan
Pjaca - €23M
Lemina - €9.5M

Total : €67.5M

Out :
Morata - €30M
Padoin - €0.6M
Caceres - €0
Rubinho - €0
Magnusson - €2.5M
Buchel - €1.2M
Gabriel Appelt - €2M

Total - €36.3M

So if we add Pogba's $120 million and subtract Higuain's $94 million we arrive as follows:

$36.3M + $94M - $120m = $10.3M spent this summer

We are still looking at selling Zaza $25M, Pererya $18M and I believe Isla $6M. So after all sales we would be at:

$39 million PROFIT

So we would effectively have spent nothing, only adding profit. We've already replaced Zaza with Higuain, Pjaca replaces Morata, our defense and goalies are set. All we need is a couple of midfielders and maybe Gabigol and we're set.

So based on our average of around $50 million in net spending per summer we are looking at around $90 million available to purchase two midfielders and Gabigol. We could easily bring in Matic and another solid midfielder.

At the end of the day we are NOT breaking the bank to purchase Higuain. In fact we will be at our normal spending level when all is said and done. I believe this is the thinking of Marotta and that is why we are this ambitious.

Is Higuain alone worth $94 million?  Probably not. But if he leads us to Champions League glory the payout will be about the same as his release clause, so at the end of the day does it really matter?  After all it's not really our money. We just get to play with it a little.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:08 am

Clubs like City, Psg and so

did not spend the money only because expecting football results, the focus was basically fame investment

because everyone likes guys like Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Aguero, Drogba, Shevchenko and so

you it is not all about football result you should also think it beyond football, and so I believe Higuain is worth even more than that, he is worth 150 million

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:13 am

Higuain is brought for jersey selling, proven Serie A scorer, International 'star' and a good face for Jeep and Exor and FIAT.

I still consider the most stupid and overrated players but hey MArotta knows more then me so I trust him.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:17 am

It's 47M this year and the same amount next year from what i read.

Since the team is basically complete, next summer we won't spend much exception made of that second instalment.

Some players on the roster just don't play with the team any more, hopefully some deals can be sealed for them so by next year

Zaza, Hernanes, Isla, Marrone, De Ceglie and some of y'all would probably add Pereyra

will be sold.... Well i think it covers the 47M for 2017, while Pogba sale covers all of July 2016 transfers.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:18 am

a good player, a bold and ambitious move from juventus, he'll be key for them. 94 million? no, he's not worth that much and here's why; first and foremost, he's 28, and has already undergone a major operation in the past, the max that can be gotten out of him is a 4/5 yr run. two, he'll be there for a serie a and ucl fight, juve have already won multiple league titles in the last 3, 4 years without him. so ucl will be a big deal, and he's had issues there.

despite me saying i don't believe he is worth 94 million, i totally understand the move, its not something out of the ordinary, and here's why. juventus are buying him from a rival, the team juve pushed aside to win the league title, and their top scorer. if you're napoli, and anyone comes knocking for your best player, especially your main rival, you smarten up and charge an arm and a leg. you don't do like arsenal and just gift your player up for next to nothing

another reason why i understand it; napoli signed him for over 30 million, the highest they've ever spent in their history, if they're selling that kind of player, they're not going to be looking to make a 5 million euro profit (which to me is just around what he's worth, the 30-35 million mark), they're going to be looking to make big bucks for going out of their way to spend that much on him to begin with

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:18 am

finally, the guy will get you goals. he's had multiple seasons bagging 20 plus goals, and on some occasions when he hasn't, his goal returns with regards games played and starts are still solid. its not like the rumors we hear about a team wanting morata for 75 million, when morata has never scored up to 18 goals in all competitions at professional level in a season (friendlies included). so juve aren't investing in potential, we know what he can and can't do at the top level, we'll expect it to be business as usual in terms of him getting goals. the ucl will be the main issue, but i think he'll do well

nowhere near worth 94 million, but in this day and age, and considering the things i mentioned, the move is understandable. not as ridiculous as the sterling, james, pastore, lucas moura, almost morata, type of moves
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:18 am

... and it's not as if the club was broke anyway Cool
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:20 am

yeah

just think about,
Juventus hesitating to pay more than 40 million for Sanchez but spending 95 million for Higuain ? this is more than football,

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:00 am

Our revenues increased for 200m since last year from what I read and they continue to rise, we are far from broke. Marotta may be saving but he splashing big when needed.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:53 am

What if the 94 mln € for Higuain are just a part of the 440 mln € we are asking to FIGC ?
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:47 am

heffkzar wrote:It's 47M this year and the same amount next year from what i read.

Since the team is basically complete, next summer we won't spend much exception made of that second instalment.

Some players on the roster just don't play with the team any more, hopefully some deals can be sealed for them so by next year

Zaza, Hernanes, Isla, Marrone, De Ceglie and some of y'all would probably add Pereyra

will be sold.... Well i think it covers the 47M for 2017, while Pogba sale covers all of July 2016 transfers.

I've read this thing multiple times that we only have to pay 47m this year, so we will make profits.. but people seem to forget that almost all of our transfers from last year and even before that are still being paid in 2016. It's not working like this, you either evaluate all transfers in their current year fully (like we usually do because it's easier to follow), or you keep track of every transfer instalments.

Also, saying that we won't have to spend much next year is pretty bold, as every year there are pretty huge movements even if the team seems to be complete (e.g. the year Vidal and Pirlo left)

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:19 am

People completely warped the point I made in the general section... so I'll post here so it's clear. The only reason 94 mil seems outrageous to me is that Juve won't be able to sell him for much come 2-4 years. He's turning 29 in less than 6 months.

Most monster fees like this have been for players in their teens or very early 20s recently (Neymar, Bale, James, Martial and probably Pogba). You haven't seen a monster number like this for an older player. Also, Higuain is not a world superstar. In fact, although very good, I don't rate him as a top 5 CF in the world. I have Ibra, Lewa, Benzema, Suarez, Aguero and Aubameyang ahead of him. If you consider Messi and Ronaldo as strikers too... then he falls even lower in my eyes.

Basically, he's not a young phenom or a mature football icon. He's just a very good football player in his late prime (best years for a football player typically). I'm not arguing that he won't improve Juve... he will. He's miles and miles better than Mandzu or Morata. I'm just stunned at the pricetag. Maybe I shouldn't be Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:47 am

He is a top 5 striker tho.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:54 am

juvealbanian wrote:What if the 94 mln € for Higuain are just a part of the 440 mln € we are asking to FIGC ?

I don't think that Juve are expecting to receive that money, because everyone knows that the FIGC would get bankrupt if such thing happened.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am

Agnielli's rejuvenation plan is entering it's 6th year now.

Success came way earlier than he originally planned. Since the first day he took over the plan was to operate strictly on limited resources meaning that we would not spend more than what we earned and also his number one aim was the economic growth of the club and to counter the devastating effects Calciopolis had on us.

We've been building all these years. Season after season our squad improved, so did the financial state of the club. The foundations are there, the core of the squad is at an age more than appropriate to challenge for the Champions League. We do not need to keep building a squad, we already have a squad ready to challenge for everything and we now have the wallet to back it up as well.

The Higuain move is more than just an expensive transfer, it's a statement which shouts that we've grown, we are ready to officially enter the elite again for the first time since Calciopolis.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:57 am

sportsczy wrote:People completely warped the point I made in the general section... so I'll post here so it's clear. The only reason 94 mil seems outrageous to me is that Juve won't be able to sell him for much come 2-4 years. He's turning 29 in less than 6 months.

Most monster fees like this have been for players in their teens or very early 20s recently (Neymar, Bale, James, Martial and probably Pogba). You haven't seen a monster number like this for an older player. Also, Higuain is not a world superstar. In fact, although very good, I don't rate him as a top 5 CF in the world. I have Ibra, Lewa, Benzema, Suarez, Aguero and Aubameyang ahead of him. If you consider Messi and Ronaldo as strikers too... then he falls even lower in my eyes.

Basically, he's not a young phenom or a mature football icon. He's just a very good football player in his late prime (best years for a football player typically). I'm not arguing that he won't improve Juve... he will. He's miles and miles better than Mandzu or Morata. I'm just stunned at the pricetag. Maybe I shouldn't be Laughing

and you seem to fail to understand that we don't intend to sell him or care about resale value. We wanted an upgrade from Morata/Mandzu and we got it, we payed we don't care about reselling. If we would we would sign some kid. And we signed kids last year, you need formed and established proven players too, they are the ones to help you win.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:15 pm

That wasn't the question though....  the question was "Is Higuain worth 94 mil".  I'm answering that question.  Juve obviously don't care.  

I'm only addressing my personal feelings on the amount of the fee...  nothing else.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:That wasn't the question though....  the question was "Is Higuain worth 94 mil".  I'm answering that question.  Juve obviously don't care.  

I'm only addressing my personal feelings on the amount of the fee...  nothing else.

sportsczy wrote:People completely warped the point I made in the general section... so I'll post here so it's clear. The only reason 94 mil seems outrageous to me is that Juve won't be able to sell him for much come 2-4 years. He's turning 29 in less than 6 months.

No player is worth that is payed these days. A lot depends on a fee - the wish of the club do they want to sell or not, the wish of the player, marketing sense and profits, years, potential etc etc
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:42 pm

dronte wrote:
heffkzar wrote:It's 47M this year and the same amount next year from what i read.

I've read this thing multiple times that we only have to pay 47m this year, so we will make profits.. but people seem to forget that almost all of our transfers from last year and even before that are still being paid in 2016. It's not working like this, you either evaluate all transfers in their current year fully (like we usually do because it's easier to follow), or you keep track of every transfer instalments.

Also, saying that we won't have to spend much next year is pretty bold, as every year there are pretty huge movements even if the team seems to be complete (e.g. the year Vidal and Pirlo left)

Vidal wanted to leave and Pirlo was clearly at the end of his rope. Tevez left also.

However, our 2014-2015 season evaluation was kind of biased by going to CL final. The team wasn't complete at this time. We just had quality midfielders + a good defence + Tevez. Now it is complete, the team is set for 2-3 years. Which is about the lifespan of a successful roster as a whole in modern day football.

I doubt we spend much on players for the next 12-24 months, especially if the plan goes well and we achieve something in CL.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next