donttreadonred
Curtinho
iftikhar
15 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Liverpool Season 2016-17 - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool Season 2016-17

Post by Unique Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Skrtel is ok in a team that parks the bus. Would be captain in a mourinho team.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:28 pm

I'm really not looking forward to this season. We have a lot of player who could be the next best thing or all fall flat on their face. Compared to ten years ago we had a team full of superstars or marquee players. Now the only realy quality player we have is Coutinho.

Now all Klopp's signings could turn out to be the next whoever and whatever but as it stands right now, a finish in 5th/6th would be the best we could hope for.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Curtinho wrote:
Origi
Coutinho - Firmino - Mane
Can - Henderson
Moreno - Lovren - Matip - Clyne
Mignolet

That would be my starting XI for Arsenal.

I would love for Origi to start. But I'd have Wijnaldum over Hendo.

I think it will the same line up that started against Barca minus Milner.

Firmino
Coutinho - Wijnaldum - Lallana - Mane
Can
Moreno - Klavan - Lovren - Clyne
Mignolet

I would be very ok with that. I prefer the 4-3-3/4-5-1 anyway. I think it suits our club better as well as Klopp's philosophy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:01 pm

LoveSlug wrote:I'm really not looking forward to this season. We have a lot of player who could be the next best thing or all fall flat on their face. Compared to ten years ago we had a team full of superstars or marquee players. Now the only realy quality player we have is Coutinho.

Now all Klopp's signings could turn out to be the next whoever and whatever but as it stands right now, a finish in 5th/6th would be the best we could hope for.

Welcome!
We are a bit short of people right now, But all hands on deck!
Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Nishankly wrote:
LoveSlug wrote:I'm really not looking forward to this season. We have a lot of player who could be the next best thing or all fall flat on their face. Compared to ten years ago we had a team full of superstars or marquee players. Now the only realy quality player we have is Coutinho.

Welcome!
We are a bit short of people right now, But all hands on deck!
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks bud, I've been looking for a good football forum for a while and Unique recommended this one, so I'll stick around here for a while
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:25 am

I'm looking forward to the season, but not very hopeful about it. Been disappointed with the transfer window. Agree with you that a top-4 finish seems less likely than in previous years and that's depressing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Why would you say that? Surely the chances of a top 4 should increase under klopp in oppose to Rodgers?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:48 pm

I think we have a chance of top 4
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Our attack can get us top 4, That's about it. Nothing else is even remotely close to the top 4.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why would you say that? Surely the chances of a top 4 should increase under klopp in oppose to Rodgers?

I find it weird that people say that. The issue with Rodgers wasn't the coaching but the personnel (not to mention the injury issues he had to deal with). I'm optimistic that Klopp can lead us to glory but he'll need his players to be better than they were under Rodgers to do so. Tactically Liverpool often outplayed the opposition (sometimes by a wide margin) under Rodgers but just couldn't finish and let in some really dumb goals due to lapses in concentration or just plain bad plays.

More of a chance? We'll see...if one or more of our players steps up and becomes world class I'd say yes. Right now I'm just hoping for some exciting football. Easy to forget we made 2nd in the league and were an individual mistake (Gerrard) away from perhaps winning it all under Rodgers. You can claim all you want that 'Suarez and Sturridge carried Rodgers' but the reality is that every team that makes top 4 or wins the league has an outstanding player of that caliber; getting them to play to their potential is another thing and up to the manager. Rodgers had Sturridge, Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling, Henderson and co. clicking like no one has had them playing since.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why would you say that? Surely the chances of a top 4 should increase under klopp in oppose to Rodgers?

Well to start off with Rodgers had Suarez and that man carried the team that fell short of the league. If we still had Suarez then I would be hopeful of a title challenge but we don't and we have noone who comes close to that level. I don't feel our squad/first team is strong enough to get us in to the top 4. Hoping for more decent cup runs under Klopp and hopefully win a final this time round.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:02 pm

LoveSlug wrote:

Well to start off with Rodgers had Suarez and that man carried the team that fell short of the league. If we still had Suarez then I would be hopeful of a title challenge but we don't and we have noone who comes close to that level. I don't feel our squad/first team is strong enough to get us in to the top 4. Hoping for more decent cup runs under Klopp and hopefully win a final this time round.
the problem we had then was only deadly and suarez were getting goals. we still have deadly but now we have more goals through out the team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:15 pm

lol at all the negativity still. Laughing

I haven't been this excited for a season in a very long time. Klopp knows what he's doing. Rodgers had no *bleep* clue what he was doing. Would throw a bunch of sh!t at the wall and hoped some of it would stick. That was basically his player recruitment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Don't call me James wrote:lol at all the negativity still. Laughing

I haven't been this excited for a season in a very long time. Klopp knows what he's doing. Rodgers had no *bleep* clue what he was doing. Would throw a bunch of sh!t at the wall and hoped some of it would stick. That was basically his player recruitment.
I agree with most of that but I don't think the recruitment was all down to Rodgers.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:47 am

So being realistic about our chances in this coming season makes us negative.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:00 am

LoveSlug wrote:

Not at all.

But you have to stop and realise what's happening under the "Klopp era". The club has been managed like a joke since 2010.

And for the first time since about 2009/10 we've actually got a world class manager and he's doing all the right things.

He's installing a system.
He's building squad harmony.
He's protecting the squad / shielding them from the media. (He's taking ALL responsibility.)
He's NOT getting bullied in the transfer market.
He's buying players that can come in and suit US; for far too long we signed players and then wondered how they'd adapt. And they'd fail. Horribly. Not just on the pitch but we'd spend A LOT of money in bringing them in.
He got us to two cup finals with an ordinary squad.
The man is a proven winner, and he himself is optimistic. So why aren't you?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 am

Red Alert wrote:
LoveSlug wrote:

Not at all.

But you have to stop and realise what's happening under the "Klopp era". The club has been managed like a joke since 2010.

And for the first time since about 2009/10 we've actually got a world class manager and he's doing all the right things.

He's installing a system.
He's building squad harmony.
He's protecting the squad / shielding them from the media. (He's taking ALL responsibility.)
He's NOT getting bullied in the transfer market.
He's buying players that can come in and suit US; for far too long we signed players and then wondered how they'd adapt. And they'd fail. Horribly. Not just on the pitch but we'd spend A LOT of money in bringing them in.
He got us to two cup finals with an ordinary squad.
The man is a proven winner, and he himself is optimistic. So why aren't you?

Agreed. But what does it mean to be 'optimistic'? Does it mean to expect top 4? That would be wrong.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:22 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Agreed. But what does it mean to be 'optimistic'? Does it mean to expect top 4? That would be wrong.

optimistic
ɒptɪˈmɪstɪk/Submit
adjective
hopeful and confident about the future.

Wink

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 am

But seriously it means he has confident in the squad. In the team. In a system / in a style of play. Something he's worked on and believes in. For the first time in a while I can actually enjoy watching Liverpool play football again* rather than watching teams trying to stop Suarez and people claiming some deluded fool is a tactical genius / gift of a manager because he was given arguably one of the best number 9's to play the modern game and made the final third his.

We stagnated as a club throughout Rodgers' tenure. You can look at my posts from the 2013/14th season. We almost won the league and yet I was called pessimistic and a fool and whatever I was called because I could see that the team had no potential; no future.

Klopp expects to win. Consistently. Again he's a proven winner. Hell, we might finish 5-6th next year. I have no doubts in my mind that by the time Klopp leaves Liverpool he will be a success. He's brought back the Liverpool way so in a sense he already is in my eyes.

With that said, I can't wait for the coming season. Having a manager like Klopp gives me the belief that we can go into any game and get the right result. Benitez had the same effect before G+H almost liquidated us.

*Coming into a sinking ship isn't fair so Klopp had a free pass in my eyes last season. He showed signs too, but he never really had a chance to train / bring up his methods. I had no real expectations last season the moment we went into the season with Rodgers. And yet we came out with a world class manager and made it to two finals. (Didn't win them, mind but the the group was mentally weak / mid-table. Klopp will change that, I have no doubts.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:33 pm

I think its time to believe lads, Never seen RA so optimistic in my life Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:49 pm

I'm on board. I'm optimistic also so let's hope these players with potential become top class players. It's a very competitive league and practically every top team has a top class manager now as well so it's going to be a crazy ride but I think Klopp can bring success to Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:42 pm

I think we have a fair shot at Top-Four. Both Chelsea, United and City will need some time to acclimatize with the new manager and integrate the new players. However, I'll be happy with 5th spot as long as that's supplemented with a Cup.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Please be a bit easy on us this weekend. You will have sufficient opportunities to pump up your GD over the season without ravaging our toddler Sunday league defense.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Sri wrote:Please be a bit easy on us this weekend. You will have sufficient opportunities to pump up your GD over the season without ravaging our toddler Sunday league defense.

thought it was about time to bring the GL reverse jinx into full force hmm

Even with your worst team out there, You'll manage a draw at worst.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:12 pm

I see a draw as a best case tbf. Kloppo got this.

You guys tore Barca a new one ffs.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN