Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

+14
REWB
xabi
Adit
che
Sushi Master
The Madrid One
Gil
JuvenelCuore
Raptorgunner
Ali
Bear
BeautifulGame
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City? Empty Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 pm

what do you think, all signs point toward him going there now, will he be able to carry city the way Tevez did? or have they become so good now that it doesnt have to?

what would their starting be?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City? Empty Re: Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes because he's better than Tevez.....

Now city have won something 70% of what makes Tevez great is now irrelevant, Aguero will take them to that next level.

Balotelli-Silva-Nasri
Aguero

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City? Empty Re: Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Aguero have to play insanely well next season to match Tevez let alone doing better than him.Tevez was byfar the best striker in the league over the last 2 years so he would have pretty big boots to fill.

De Jong------------Barry/Milner

Yaya

Aguero-----------Dzeko/Bolatelli-----------Silva

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm

was wondering this myself, Aguero strikes me more of a SS than a #9

Dzeko Aguero
Silva
Milner Toure
De Jong

Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yes because he's better than Tevez.....

Now city have won something 70% of what makes Tevez great is now irrelevant, Aguero will take them to that next level.

Balotelli-Silva-Nasri
Aguero

Nasri? Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Balotelli-Silva-Nasri
Aguero

Nasri? Laughing

Not as LOL as Coentrao>>>>>>Gago in CM Laughing

Plus they are heavily linked with him Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:57 pm

I don't think Aguero can carry a team on his shoulders
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:\.Tevez was byfar the best striker in the league over the last 2 years so he would have pretty big boots to fill.

lol tell that to Drogba and RVP
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 pm

EPL is a tough league, Aguero is not a EPL type player I think, he is more suited for La liga.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

oh you saw that, lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Quality wise, perhaps Aguero will develop to become better than Tevez as he is only 23.

But for the team, I do not see Aguero as a leader the same way Tevez was. Tevez is a huge loss of Manchester City and I think if they truly wanted to challenge for trophies next year, they would have kept him because he is a big part of their project.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

ali8775 wrote:I don't think Aguero can carry a team on his shoulders

Hmm.........

27 goals in 41 games last year for a very average side with a crappy loser mentality and he cant carry a team on his shoulders?

Ok then, i seriously cant wait for City to sign him all these people that have no idea will jump on the bandwagon just like they did with Torres.

And he's 100x better than Torres ever was.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Aguero not suited to EPL, i seriously cannot wait for this.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:EPL is a tough league, Aguero is not a EPL type player I think, he is more suited for La liga.

didnt people say that about Silva?

and aguero is a little bull, not tevez strong but pretty nasty nonetheless
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:08 pm

ali8775 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:\.Tevez was byfar the best striker in the league over the last 2 years so he would have pretty big boots to fill.

Drogba was half the player he was last year and i haven't seen RVP playing a full season in his career.Tevez was better than any other striker in the league over the last two years.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

27 goals in 41 games last year for a very average side with a crappy loser mentality and he cant carry a team on his shoulders?

Ok then, i seriously cant wait for City to sign him all these people that have no idea will jump on the bandwagon just like they did with Torres.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Aguero not suited to EPL, i seriously cannot wait for this.

Thats just nonsense
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Still hope the diving *bleep* will join us. Make it happen Roman + AVB.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

Drogba was half the player he was last year and i haven't seen RVP playing a full season in his career.Tevez was better than any other striker in the league over the last two years.

the year before Drogba was the best by a mile
and last year, in less then half the amount of games RVP almost scored as much as tevez bounce
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

Thats just nonsense

Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Torres for Atletico anyone who deny's it blinded from the truth.

And imho Aguero will be better than Torres in EPL.( Torres was average in Spain like it or not)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

27 goals in 41 last year for a very average side with a crappy loser mentality and he cant carry a team on his shoulders?

27 goals in La Liga Laughing

Aguero is a fantastic player, but SOOOOOOOOOOO over-hyped .

Tevez can play circles around Aguero.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

And he's 100x better than Torres ever was

Thats just nonsense

Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Torres for Atletico anyone who deny's it blinded from the truth.

And imho Aguero will be better than Torres in EPL.( Torres was average in Spain like it or not)

Then u should have mentioned better than Torres at Atletico not better than Torres ever was which is ludicrous.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Balotelli-Silva-Nasri
Aguero

Nasri? Laughing

No way as a CM. But almost certainly as a DM or a defensive b2b, which is the role we're looking to fill. Gago can't tie his shoelaces without injuring himself, let alone try to be tough defensively. He's injured again btw... out 3 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:19 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

27 goals in 41 last year for a very average side with a crappy loser mentality and he cant carry a team on his shoulders?

27 goals in La Liga Laughing

Aguero is a fantastic player, but SOOOOOOOOOOO over-hyped .

Tevez can play circles around Aguero.

Hmm the only players that rape La Liga are Messi and Ronaldo take them out and Valencia win the league the stats prove it.

Oh yh and Torres never managed anything near what Aguero has accomplished.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm

i never knew u were such a big torres fan mole...

*sarcasm*
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 pm

I sometimes think Tevez enthusiasm for the game, his fighting spirit, his runs overwhelm people and so they overrate him. A bit like Rooney not so long ago.

A symptom of the EPL, the run faster, jump higher league. Do that in la liga and people wont care if you cant execute a quality one touch pass.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:27 pm

re: Torres vs Aguero @ Atletico

I would say Torres is better, Aguero has scored more goals but Torres scored a lot more individualistic goals maybe because he played in a much worse Atleti side. Don't get me wrong Aguero has scored some brilliant goals but if you watch a Torres comp on YT with him at Atleti look at how many amazing goals he scored. Also Torres literally was Atletico, he was their warrior on the pitch fighting for the red and white, Aguero has amazing players like De Gea, Reyes, Simao, Godin, Filipe Luis and Forlan (not this season though) as well as the fact he hasn't got the pressure of being the home town boy like Torres had.

Torres was also a much better all round player back at Atletico as well. He would regularly beat 2 or 3 players several times in almost every game and he was a far more creative player than he was at Liverpool.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next