Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team

+25
Robespierre
urbaNRoots
BusterLfc
Freeza
Kaladin
rincon
Unique
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
rwo power
Cruijf
Tomwin Lannister
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Art Morte
ExtremistEnigma
titosantill
B-Mac
breva
farfan
Warrior
Jay29
Firenze
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Should they merge?

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 3 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 3 Vote_lcap43%Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 3 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 3 Empty Re: Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Yes we are lol.

Nobody in Scotland or Wales think they are in the same country lol.

You are being just as ignorant as Unique with that post tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 3 Empty Re: Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Unique wrote:Do you think India and Pakistan should merge into one team.

That's like saying France and England should be one country lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yes we are lol.

Like this matters Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm

You aren't seperate nation though so it doesn't count.

You are literally getting a free pass here and those regions have no right forming international football teams right now. It should be one country under GB.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Nope.

Like saying Portugal and Spain should be under the same country.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm

No, I understand it doesn't feel right for you from the inside but it's how it is and it should change.

It won't change so you can ignore our thoughts.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Its not.

Spain and Portugal are in no way the same country.

Just like England and co. are in no way separate countries. The UK is the sovereign entity. Its a single government. Under single rule. With single representation in the UN, the EU, NATO, and every other piece of international relations.

Just like the autonomous communities in Spain, and the states in every federal government in America.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:04 pm

As i should tbh :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm curious as to why they shouldn't be separate. Like, what issue is there that there's no UK football team?

The English and Scottish FA's pre-date FIFA by decades. England and Scotland were playing international games in the 1870s well before international football became an organised thing.

Maybe if there was a UK FA or something, but that's never been the case. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own FAs and run their own football programmes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 pm

If UK merged the NT would be insane, some great players sprinkled around those nations
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I wasn’t being ignorant I was being sarcastic.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 pm

rincon wrote:
Just like England and co. are in no way separate countries.

Except they are lmao. Always rich for someone who never stepped foot inside any of these countries for more than 5 minutes is telling someone who is born and raised there how it is.

The fact they have the same leader is utterly irrelevant, England once ruled 23% of the world so i suppose they weren't seperate countries then either because they were ruled under the same leader.

Because the likes of Wales and Scotland haven't been able to secure their independence like America once did is complete irrelevant to this stupid and quite frankly ignorant discussion.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

People thinking we are the United States of Britain Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Lets see.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Except they are lmao. Always rich for someone who never stepped foot inside any of these countries for more than 5 minutes is telling someone who is born and raised there how it is.

Fun fact #1: been to england plenty of times.
Fun fact #2: this doesn't actually matter.

The fact they have the same leader is utterly irrelevant, England once ruled 23% of the world so i suppose they weren't seperate countries then either because they were ruled under the same leader.

Yes. Obviously when England owned these places they weren't separate countries. That was the whole thing about achieving independence.

Because the likes of Wales and Scotland haven't been able to secure their independence like America once did is complete irrelevant to this stupid and quite frankly ignorant discussion.
No. It is exactly how it works.

None of these things are relevant. It's just something that is affecting your sensitivities.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

You'd get copy paste responses from any person in any region in any federal government around the world that feels like they should be independent. Doesn't make it so though. Its why there are movements like the Catalan and the Scottish independence ones. Because they are not independent.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 pm

I don’t hear anobody say Denmark should merge with Faroe Islands and Greenland hmm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Why does UK play like a country in the olympics? hmm
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Freeza wrote:I don’t hear anobody say Denmark should merge with Faroe Islands and Greenland hmm

That's valid as well. You can hear that from me as well. I thought Faroe Islands was a seperate country. Greenland never played in Euro qualification so it fit the bill of one nation.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:07 pm

It‘s a legitimate claim tbh, I‘ve always wondered why it is how it is.

The only reason why it‘s not changed yet is because FIFA can‘t be bothered to deal with the outrage of Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish people.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 pm

I remember United Kindgom NT for Olympyque games ans players looked like if they hated each other lol

But anyway it is normal , we talk about different cultures.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

The reason there was never a UK team was as I said earlier: the English, Scottish and Welsh FAs pre-dated FIFA.

By the time FIFA were established, the FAs were deemed too powerful and established to merge into a single body. Most countries at the time agreed and let them stay as separate teams. Baring in mind that the UK's FAs were vastly more professional and organised at that point in time.

FIFA aren't going to change this now that over 100 years has passed. It's not about not pissing off certain nations. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are well-established football teams by now and there's literally no reason they can't continue to exist. As far as I see, none of the other UEFA nations have complained about the UK taking up qualification spots or having more power.

This isn't exclusive to football. Scotland has a rugby team and a cricket team. Wales has their own rugby team.

As far as sports are concerned, there is no unifying "UK identity".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Watched just today ( ffs I don't find it) Scottish people to celebrate insanely after Croatia goal

I can't wait for these brave guys to celebrate if Snodgrass scores for UK and to curse Caledonian spirits if Kane scores for same team
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Don't see how identity comes into the picture, every decently big country has 50 odd cultures or languages present inside of them, they have seperate teams who compete internally and the NT is mixed to represent the country's best. Anyways meh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Nishankly wrote:

It's not at all like that though, right? Weren't Pakistan and India one country at some point?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Freeza wrote:I don’t hear anobody say Denmark should merge with Faroe Islands and Greenland hmm

That's valid as well. You can hear that from me as well. I thought Faroe Islands was a seperate country. Greenland never played in Euro qualification so it fit the bill of one nation.

Faroe Islands probably should be part of our national team. I think the point of it being seperate is to promote their culture. No one from there would be on the national teams basically, if they didn't have their own. Todi Jónsson is probably the only player ever who's had a chance of playing for us.

And I'd also say the culture is much different than a lot of other nations. The language is probably closer to Icelandic. I don't understand shit of what my friends from there say Laughing

One of my friends was on their youth national team, and we were the same level and I'm not very good.

Basically, if they didn't have their own, they'd never be able to promote their own culture to the world. And I doubt they feel Danish. It's comparable to the UK, but at least they under a name "United Kingdom" while our name is "Kingdom of Denmark"
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

It's not at all like that though, right? Weren't Pakistan and India one country at some point?

It is, we became different countries 70 years ago. We don't have the same culture. We might occasionally look the same and get pooled in the same boat but we are not.

Its absolutely irrelevant here. We both have different FIFA teams as well because we are officially different countries if we talk about this on topic since it's been bought up.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next