Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
Adit
S
66 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Predict his next destination

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap15%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap21%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap18%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap3%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap12%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap21%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_lcap12%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Empty Re: Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:56 am

He's been really good so far. If he keeps it up playing anywhere near that level he'll be a proper bargain

which of course would be so typical 2020

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Empty Re: Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus

Post by rincon Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:05 am

Firenze wrote:lol so we're pretending like he's actaully a good player again now because he put some goals past some scrubs in the CL...

will bump in 12 months when Juve fans are desperate to get rid of him

It's not just CL goals, he has been really good all around. His general play looks so much better than last time. Before he would fall down, cry, and sulk every time a CB bumped into him, now he even plays with his back to goal effectively to some degree. Good movement, good link up play, and goo finishing. Only missing part at the moment is for him to understand the basics of the offside rule.

Maybe our 2nd best player in this first part of the season after Ronaldo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:23 am

Rincon is right. It isn't the goals or the prolificacy but the timing of them, his overall play and effect and the sheer difference of how he used to be, to now. Hard to see any mental weakness in a man who would basically cry on the pitch if he missed a shot.

And Vibe pretty much said it. I used to state the importance of his sister beyond him and despite Morata's form, she remains the more significant of the two and that is undisputable to this day.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:52 am

The only blemish in this season is him getting a red card after the end of the match against Benevento

He’s always been a good player but he’s shown much more maturity this season then I’ve ever seen from him. We know he’s a streaky goal scorer but his return has been excellent

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 am

Footballers play so much better with confidence. Morata always had the skillset. Fast, good in the air, can pass, dribble, good off the ball movement, but those qualities don’t mean anything if you don’t have confidence.

I can name players I played with who were MILES better then McKennie for example, yet McKennie is the one at juventus. And that doesn’t surprise me. Football is mental. People talk about skill but I see guys in the lower divisions with skill. It’s mental strength and that’s literally the most important thing. Period
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:07 am

I watched him a couple times this season and I was blown away by how much he has changed. He looks nothing like the Madrid Morata or even the Chelsea Morata. Complete transformation for the better.

Good for Juventus because nobody, including myself, thought this was a good transfer. Now, it remains to be seen whether he stays consistent or go back to his old self. Only time will tell.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:58 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I watched him a couple times this season and I was blown away by how much he has changed. He looks nothing like the Madrid Morata or even the Chelsea Morata. Complete transformation for the better.

Good for Juventus because nobody, including myself, thought this was a good transfer. Now, it remains to be seen whether he stays consistent or go back to his old self. Only time will tell.

It may be a sign of maturity but also really a style of play that suits him too. Next to Ronaldo he's the perfect fit but also when Ronaldo isn't there, he has been standout

The team is trying to score goals and play a fast tempo, forward style  (I say trying because so far, especially without Ronaldo, it's been 50/50 whether that works out)

Morata

12 apps, 9 goals and 4 assists

Ronaldo

8 apps, 10 goals, 1 assist

It's beautiful to see

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 am

this sounds like a good debate; mental strength vs skill. in an ideal world you would want to have both. i feel like if u're looking for a long career, mental strength might be more valuable than skill. but to be the best at your sport requires strong levels of skill.

of course those who are considered the best are often strong mentally as well. but i'm yet to see someone considered the best with little to no skill. mental strength is extremely valuable , don't get me wrong; and its something that's extremely difficult to teach. but skill brings in the euros pounds dollars into any sports and fills stadiums
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:58 am

https://streamable.com/tsl1p8
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 am

M99 wrote:https://streamable.com/tsl1p8

This is so bad. Reminds me of Balotelli's:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:12 am

I commented as it happened in the calcio thread. Unbelievably bad miss. Basically we didn't win the game because of this.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:33 am

rincon wrote:

I commented as it happened in the calcio thread. Unbelievably bad miss. Basically we didn't win the game because of this.
Penaldo miss?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:01 am

rincon wrote:
S wrote:Loan or not, i have a good feeling this happen. We missed his CL mentality in Europe. Welcome back cheers
Two years later, always the plan :coffee:

Welcome home. Hope to be convinced by him this time.

Sad to say I'm once again not convinced.
Firenze wrote:lol so we're pretending like he's actaully a good player again now because he put some goals past some scrubs in the CL...

will bump in 12 months when Juve fans are desperate to get rid of him

Don't need to wait 12 months, 4 was enough.

After his initial good form he is back to his usual mopey, sulking self that I hated the first time.

Get Morata out of Juve please. Don't sign him permanently @everyone at the club
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:36 am

He was never supposed to be anything more than a bit player. A utility/rotation piece that could be called upon in case of injuries to the core players. Think payers like Nacho, Vazquez, Mariano etc...

Allegri's ability to make chicken salad out of chicken shit boosted this guy's value and gave him a big head.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:42 am

He’s really the definition of that FIFA player with great attributes that just sucks in real life

He deceives you for a handful of games per season but most of the time it’s poor offside awareness, missing chances that he should score and sulking all over the field

Mental player. He’s good if you can give him very little responsibility

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am

He should never be a regular. He's a very good impact sub though... that's his role to me. Bring him on late in games and have him start once in a blue moon (cup games).

Where's Dybala?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Dybala has been injured almost the whole season, he is supposed to be back for the next match after the international break. We've missed him so much.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Morata sure starter for Real Madrid but just a sub every where else strange... , that madrid media agenda good will is golden as always make any ok cf god like for reasons..., anyway wonder how many top clubs morata has left to go, before he hits midtable teams, which is hard to climb up from, AC Milan?

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:54 am

After his incredibly poor match yesterday I've gone back to the first pages of this thread, the time when he was at Juve the first time around.
rincon wrote:He should join Stoke just to ask Shaqiri how to bulk up and get stronger. Thats the first thing he needs to work on.
rincon wrote:Spanish Balotelli without the crap attitude.

Same kind of talented tall forward that looks like they should play CF but don't really know how to. Good on the ball but absolutely no off the ball movement, good linkup play but no strength to harass a defense. A SS in the body of a CF. No tenacity and no confidence either.
rincon wrote:
He got playing time and did develop, but I don't think I've ever seen a player with such low confidence.

I hate his attitude when the smallest thing goes wrong. Only Andrea Rannochia compares in players so scared to play. He needs urgent visits to a psychologist to figure out whats wrong. Maybe when he grows up he can explode.
Nothing about Morata has changed. 5 years later, still the same crap.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:23 am

The constant moving probably didn't help him either...

Had he stayed at Juve since 2014 he could've matured into a more confident and mature player.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 am

In fairness, he was treated as a stock by Flo, with him exercising an option to buy just so he could sell him higher next.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:42 am

It's happening lmao

Barca are going to loan him with an option to an option to an loan with an option to buy, as long as the transfer fee can be stretched out over 8 yearssign him
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:49 am

One of biggest mysteries ever

Scrub player who 's played for Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Barcellona

He worsens every year but yet he moves money

..... Why ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:18 am

Robespierre wrote:One of biggest mysteries ever

Scrub player who 's played for Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Barcellona

He worsens every year but yet he moves money

..... Why ?

Because mankind is dumb and dysfunctional at least as much as it is smart and functional
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:39 am

he absolutely has the best career trajectory ever relative to his actual skills

man should be fighting for a spot in Sociedad's starting 11 yet he's always earning big bux at big teams ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:53 am

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 17 Etj72JNVIAEdu4g
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next