Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
Adit
S
66 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Predict his next destination

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap15%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap18%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Empty Re: Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

How did he have two great seasons for Juve when he was on the bench a lot and went without scoring for months?

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus - Page 7 Empty Re: Alvaro Morata returns to Juventus

Post by zigra Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:How did he have two great seasons for Juve when he was on the bench a lot and went without scoring for months?

Let's not get into technicalities.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:How did he have two great seasons for Juve when he was on the bench a lot and went without scoring for months?

From what I've seen of him, he's made an impact when it's mattered and now he's sought after by several top clubs. I haven't watched Juve consistently enough to actually evaluate his two, full seasons at the club, so I just made that statement based on what I've heard and read. I stand corrected. Regardless, his stock is definitely higher now than it was before he departed. I don't think he's improved enough at Juve to warrant an activation of his buy-back clause, but again, Flo most likely did it to please supporters who wanted to see some transfer activity. Sorry if this is a double post, I'm sitting on a train and the internet here is god awful.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:33 pm

I'd say great is an overstatement when discussing Morata's two seasons at Juventus, I think it would be much more accurate to say he had some great moments. Even two seasons to me, is a short time to judge a player but his performances really highlighted the good and the bad qualities he has to offer.

In my, honest and somewhat humble, opinion:

Positives:
-He's deceptively fast
-Decent movement
-Good finisher
-Decent dribbler
-Solid link up player
-Big game performer*

Cons:
-Horrible back to goal
-Cannot function as a traditional #9
-Really shines on the counter but is meh away from this style of play
-Fades quite horribly in games

*This big game player title really is not a myth. He's amazing in the Champions League scoring and assisting important goals in both his seasons with Juventus, a double against Madrid, a godlike assist in Munich and in the first leg in Torino, a goal against Barcelona in the final, a goal away to City to this year that was amazing.

Gianni Agnelli (basically the Godfather of Juventus for ya'll that don't know him), coined a term for, I believe, it was Boniek called the "bello di notte" (the beauty of the night) because Boniek always showed up for big games at night but seemed less interested in the afternoon games that were "less" meaningful. I think this title is very fitting for Morata.

Morata is very good in the right circumstances but I really don't know if the move back to Madrid will work out for him. I've caught a few games of Real this preseason and was watching him specifically and he seems very disinterested and lazy, I know it's preseason but he looks like a player who knows what his fate will be regardless. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Sevilla ,Valencia, or GOAT league player around this time next year- that seems his level, maybe he can rejoin Manchester United and take #9 from Zlatan once he leaves this beautiful game, to the dismay of Anthony Martial who will certainly insist on a transfer to Juventus in protest and maybe we will oblige, maybe.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Luca wrote:I'd say great is an overstatement when discussing Morata's two seasons at Juventus, I think it would be much more accurate to say he had some great moments. Even two seasons to me, is a short time to judge a player but his performances really highlighted the good and the bad qualities he has to offer.

Positives:
-He's deceptively fast
-Decent movement
-Good finisher
-Decent dribbler
-Solid link up player
-Big game performer*

Cons:
-Horrible back to goal

Based on your assessment of his best qualities and shortcomings, the only areas where he seems to have improved are his finishing and big game performance, with the former being quite inconsistent from what I remember. I was actually disappointed by his speed when he played for Real Madrid, he hardly showed it when he had the chance to use it to his advantage. He was very fast when I saw him play for Castilla. Anyway, I still don't think he's quite talented enough to become an undisputed starter at Real Madrid. I hope he proves me wrong, but I struggle to see how his future at Real Madrid will pan out in his favor.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Luca wrote:I'd say great is an overstatement when discussing Morata's two seasons at Juventus, I think it would be much more accurate to say he had some great moments. Even two seasons to me, is a short time to judge a player but his performances really highlighted the good and the bad qualities he has to offer.

Positives:
-He's deceptively fast
-Decent movement
-Good finisher
-Decent dribbler
-Solid link up player
-Big game performer*

Cons:
-Horrible back to goal

Based on your assessment of his best qualities and shortcomings, the only areas where he seems to have improved are his finishing and big game performance, with the former being quite inconsistent from what I remember. I was actually disappointed by his speed when he played for Real Madrid, yet he hardly showed it when he had the chance to use it to his advantage. He was very fast when I saw him play for Castilla. Anyway, I still don't think he's quite talented enough to become an undisputed starter at Real Madrid. I hope he proves me wrong, but I struggle to see how his future at Real Madrid will pan out in his favor.

I agree with that, he was not even talented enough to become an undisputed starter with Juventus and Real Madrid's attacking options far exceed Juventus.

He's a great player to bring on later into the game when defenders are tired or to be able to call upon off the bench but it's hard to imagine him being more than that with a top team.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:You do realize we signed him to be a backup!!!

You do realize you clowns could have just KEPT him as backup Laughing
But you sent him away because he was not good enough even for backup
Now you paid what, 10 million extra to get him back?
As backup :facepalm:

Absolutely bizarre Laughing

We sold him to give him playing time, develop and gain some confidence. All of which was done. He is definitely a much better player now than when sold him (with the buy out option). Thank you Juve.

As to judging his performance in these pre season friendlies, playing with mostly Castilla players, .... Give me a break. He will get plenty of action and will be an impact sub, which will allow Benz to get the rest he desperately needs. But no gunner he will not be discontent with that backup role.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:02 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:You do realize we signed him to be a backup!!!

You do realize you clowns could have just KEPT him as backup Laughing
But you sent him away because he was not good enough even for backup
Now you paid what, 10 million extra to get him back?
As backup :facepalm:

Absolutely bizarre Laughing

We sold him to give him playing time, develop and gain some confidence. All of which was done. He is definitely a much better player now than when sold him (with the buy out option). Thank you Juve.

As to judging his performance in these pre season friendlies, playing with mostly Castilla players, .... Give me a break. He will get plenty of action and will be an impact sub, which will allow Benz to get the rest he desperately needs. But no gunner he will not be discontent with that backup role.

He got playing time and did develop, but I don't think I've ever seen a player with such low confidence.

I hate his attitude when the smallest thing goes wrong. Only Andrea Rannochia compares in players so scared to play. He needs urgent visits to a psychologist to figure out whats wrong. Maybe when he grows up he can explode.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:29 am

Wants to leave Madrid. Feels 'cheated' at the broken promises made my Zidane - Various
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:41 am

Valencia here we comeee
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:49 am

S wrote:Wants to leave Madrid. Feels 'cheated' at the broken promises made my Zidane - Various

Those are most likely just made-up rumors. He has looked lazy and uninspired, ever since he joined us from Juventus, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's shipped out again.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:31 am

Thimmy wrote:
S wrote:Wants to leave Madrid. Feels 'cheated' at the broken promises made my Zidane - Various

Those are most likely just made-up rumors. He has looked lazy and uninspired, ever since he joined us from Juventus, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's shipped out again.

Not as lazy or uninspired as Benzema, I'm afraid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:04 am

Surely there's never been so many transfer speculation threads about another player of such complete lack of quality and relevancy
I mean seriously
Who the *bleep* is Alvaro Morata Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Surely there's never been so many transfer speculation threads about another player of such complete lack of quality and relevancy

Benzema?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:08 am

Freeza wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Surely there's never been so many transfer speculation threads about another player of such complete lack of quality and relevancy

Benzema?

pls
Benzema has been a top player over many years
Neither do I see any transfer thread about him
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:20 am

Freeza wrote:

Benzema?

An email notification has been sent to Chad. Will reply shortly
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:42 am

Another player that could get the job done in Mehrie A but flops with a step up in competition, his return to Madrid was always destined to be a disaster, I think everyone knew that. Will probably be a Stoke player in 18 months. Lol if there was any truth to the rumours about Madrid turning down 60m offers for him last summer.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:00 am

Pogba hasn't done much better at Yanited though :coffee:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:05 am

just consulted whoscored

Morata has 5 goals 2 assists in 6 starts and 2 goals 1 assist in 1 CL start ffs

not sure how that's flopping, he's a goalscorer, his job is to score goals, he seems to be doing it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:21 am

To be fair, he played well initially, maybe his finishing was off, but in past month or so, he hasn't been good at all. And it's a shame as earlier he was actually pushing Benz. Recently despite Benz's poor play, Morata can't make an impression. It seems he either has good confidence and plays well and then for no reason at all he loses the confidence. That's not speaking well for a 25 year old. He's no longer a kid prospect.

The likely outcome of this is he will lose his place on NT and Madrid will take up Chelsea or Arsenal offers and go after someone who can illegitimately challenge Benz.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:34 am

So where is he going?

Everyone seems certain that Madrid will sign a CF this summer (Aubameyang, Mbappe, Crouch, etc.) surely Morata will want out, or be pushed out.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 am

Newcastle

I don't see him at a top club in all honesty, he wouldn't start for any of them

Liverpool maybe? I think that's highly likely now I think about it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am

He would definitely start for Liverpool. Some other decent clubs too.

I still mantain that to see Morata's best one needs to play him on the left. Or next to a traditional CF like Mandzukic.

Would probably work well in a versatile system with other players of the sort or with a false 9. Liverpool it is.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am

Why Madrid won't give him enough time puzzles me. Guy puts his heart out everytime he plays. It's not like he is being benched by Suarez or lewa. Getting benched by Voyeurzima gotta hurt bad imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:48 am

He won't end up at Liverpool. We won't match the 40-50 mil city and Man U will bid for him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 am

Lucifer wrote:Why Madrid won't give him enough time puzzles me. Guy puts his heart out everytime he plays. It's not like he is being benched by Suarez or lewa. Getting benched by Voyeurzima gotta hurt bad imo.
voyeurzima is the best striker in the world chad said.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next