Turok_TTZ
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat 30 Apr - 17:20:22

Throwback bale performance but will get a goal towards the end.

He's been very poor today.

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat 30 Apr - 17:31:58

Modric scolding Isco for playing around with the ball :bow:

Someone has to tell him it ain't all about dribbles.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 30 Apr - 17:37:34

FalcaoPunch wrote:Throwback bale performance but will get a goal towards the end.

Say what you want a bout Bale, but he's been absolutely dominant in the air and without him, I'm not so sure we would have created those big chances that he wasted. He's been firing blanks today. Hopefully, it's just a one off.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat 30 Apr - 17:43:47

Didnt bale just score? Good for him
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat 30 Apr - 17:43:57

Thimmy wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Throwback bale performance but will get a goal towards the end.

Say what you want a bout Bale, but he's been absolutely dominant in the air and without him, I'm not so sure we would have created those big chances that he wasted. He's been firing blanks today. Hopefully, it's just a one off.

It was just today's match essentially most of the first half then slight part of the second. He seemed out of it and was playing poor.

But it was up til maybe 65-70 minute then he really turned it on.

Without him we would have been completely lost today for sure.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 30 Apr - 17:44:14

I want to make a bid of half a million Kenyan shilling for Danilo, on behalf of Strømsgodset football club hmm

Actually... make that a loan deal instead.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat 30 Apr - 17:51:14

Not a bad match. Bale saving us once more.

Mayoral was very poor and we definitely need a back up CF in the summer.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Apr - 17:52:59

Bale was messing up so hard before that goal... glad he scored. He was our only danger... but he should have had a hat trick Laughing

Team has a lot heart and I mean a lot. Who would have thought.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat 30 Apr - 17:54:32

Perucho21 wrote:Not a bad match. Bale saving us once more.

Mayoral was very poor and we definitely need a back up CF in the summer.
that was to be expected considering the opponent and how little time we gave the kid.

I expect to see mayoral more in la liga. Benzema needs as much recovery time as he can get.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 17:56:01

Good second half. A couple of things:

-If Bale hadnt scored that goal there is no telling what i would have said about him. The amount of chances he wasted ffs
-its so amazing how much better defensively Casemiro has made us. This dude is in the XI to stay
-Lord knows why Zidane doesnt trust Nacho more because there is no indication in games that he isnt good enough. Excellent attitude. Pure madridismo
-James is getting there. But I dont think CM suits him. I liked him today, defended, put some nice crosses in and put himself in very good shooting positions
-Isco is so much better with Casemiro next to him as a DM as opposed to Kroos. Would like us to try this one out a few times more and see how it looks consistently
-I love this team's fighting attitude that Zidane has brought us. Love it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 30 Apr - 18:01:29

Yeah, haven't seen the team so motivated since Mourinho's title winning season. It's like they are on a mission. Apparently Ramos told Perez that they will get a bonus only if they win both CL and LL. If we win only one they won't get anything. Great attitude
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Apr - 18:12:56

The big thing is that we're freakin organized so the individual flaws aren't exposed anymore as much... before, we were 11 guys doing their thing. Now, we're a team doing our thing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 30 Apr - 18:17:44

bale damn near made me break my screen, but once again, glad he stepped up. nice from lucas, he's really earning his stripes. if mayoral plays like this, and is the backup or co-cf to benzema, guess what; he will get no chances at all unless benzema gets injured and it will be like having only one cf all over again. the tough thing is that he obviously needs chances, but when you're in a league where a draw is like a loss, and now you have atleti as well who are over achieving, there's little chance for mistakes and errors that may be caused by playing someone who is not ready. a better co-cf would use these opportunities wisely and it will in turn rub off positively on the cf situation as everyone knows they can't slow down because you've got someone looking to take any opportunity to stake a claim for the spot....and in the event of fatigue, u've got another forward just hungry to show what he can do

great fight from the team today. if this was last season or earlier on this season, or even when we won decima as well as mou's last year, we'd have lost or drawn this match. when the doors don't open we fold, but in the last couple of games, we've been showing some fight. the technical issues still remain though, and need to be addressed once the season ends
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 18:27:21

Anyone else notice Casemiro fouling left and right without getting so much as a caution whereas the reff was handing out yellow cards to the rest of the players like they were candies and its not the first game this has happened either Laughing did we just find ourself our new Xabi Alonso hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Apr - 18:41:11

Casemiro has been good... but his performances are coming behind the awful experiment of Kroos as the deep playing mid. So I would suggest watching other teams with proper deep playing mids and comparing his play to those.

He really needs to improve on his transitions from defender to CM. He's trying but he really gets exposed against the better teams.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 30 Apr - 18:53:40

i don't think you're going to get that with casemiro anytime soon. what he needs more than anything is for someone like modric to carry him in games. he's doing his job right- stop passing lanes, and disrupt the opposition. he bundles when it comes to passing the ball out or picking out the right man, i think that's where modric or kroos have to step in, in regards to caps in madrid, casemiro's still young, the more experienced CM (not guys like james or isco, who aren't central mids), has to start pointing out or signalling him on the right passing outlets to take

ofcourse the problem with that is when he gets mauled or double teamed no manner of pointing or conversation are going to give you the skills to hold the ball or pass out from such scenario, that's something he'll have to learn as time goes on. but i prefer the defensive aspect of his game than having a dm version of marcelo....i think with time and confidence, casemiro can learn that trade better
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 19:09:09

Casemiro has never actually been bad and he has played against all sorts of oppositions. His job isnt to create, he defends and plays Xabi-esque crossfield balls with both his feet. There is nobody out there who will improve on what he has done for us. Kroos and Modric on the other hand need to step up. Its all fine having 100% pass accuracy but when none of those are creating anything meaningful it becomes problematic. I loved their performances vs Villarreal but that seems to have been a one-off. Even today Modric did everything correctly evading pressure and advancing with the ball but after this it became a side way pass rather than a through ball. And every attempt at a pass just outside the box was a yard too short or with no speed. You could see when Isco came on what a creative CM could achieve next to such a polarising figure like Casemiro
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 30 Apr - 19:10:41

You're actually praising Isco who's been shit all season and criticizing Modric, best CM in the world ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 19:16:01

Great player but his assist record and chances created speak for themselves. It would be fine if our attackers created our chances but they dont always do that and thats when they need the CMs who let them down. Just need to be more involved when we attack
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Apr - 19:19:36

Barca and City, the two teams that match us in terms of talent, really messed Casemiro up.  He was a turnover machine.  Fine defensively but really couldn't hold or move the ball worth a lick. These are the games that are going to define Real Madrid's seasons and we need a guy who can hold his own. That's why he either needs to really improve or we need to upgrade. All the other top deep playing mids (Lahm, Marchisio, Matic, Motta, etc.) are supremely confident with the ball once they recover it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 19:27:38

Not really. Casemiro was MOTM versus Barca and the reason why they created nothing and was excellent against City. In fact he was too comfortable because they were so bad. There isnt a single one he has been bad in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 30 Apr - 19:27:46

my take on modric much like casemiro is, he isn't necessarily an assist lynch-pin. his job is primarily to distribute the ball and mark his man. he isn't an attacking mid whose job is to play the final ball to the forwards to score. he's responsible for deep passes and a few long balls. i'm cool with casemiro's role; but sometimes when playing the ball out, i get a bit worried he may miss-pass or lose it, at times i even wished he just hoofed it out. but its not a major problem, as long as he defends well, then i'm good. i just feel at times he may need someone to say who he should pass to when moving the ball out of the area....but i agree, the defensive aspect is first priority

i don't want isco anywhere near the cm position, a cm who just strolls immediately after losing the ball should be on the bench. he doesn't do anything defensively to warrant that role, neither does he distribute the ball well. carlo put him there cos he wanted him to be like seedorf; clarence seedorf was a work horse, who would not make the mistake of holding unto the ball longer than he's supposed to. i'm not exactly sure how carlo (who i respect as a manager) came up with the idea
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 19:39:58

Isco doesnt usually stroll back. I dont know he has been abit different this season, blowing hot and cold. He used to put Lucas-esque shifts last season and the one before. I would definitely try it out. He is hardly a liability. Just needed reminding that without defending he is 2nd choice. Kroos is guilty of strolling back too and the biggest sin of all dwelling on the ball oblivious to players running up from behind. I am not expecting them to be like Özil but at least help your attackers. How many times do you see them in the box compared to the likes of Iniesta, Koke, Vidal etc? I'll answer that, pretty much never. And thats one of the reasons why we find it hard to create against teams that bunker up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Apr - 19:47:03

Neither are the guys i mention Tito... what i'm looking for is being able to hold the ball and move the ball around to the correct players quickly.  That's what a deep playing mid needs to do:  Get the ball forward quickly and in good conditions.  Also need to have range on his passing.

Nothing to do with assists.

@hala... Casemiro was horrible with the ball against Barca.  Turned it over every time.  No way he was MOTM or anything close to it. He was very good defensively though, which is 1/2 the battle at least.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 30 Apr - 20:00:01

No again his pass accuracy was a mid 80s. Ask any fans even Barca fans why they believe Messi or Iniesta did not create. They will all say it was because of Casemiro. We attacked with 3 players till the 70th minute. Casemiro bossed that midfield like it was his to lose. Modric was poor and Kroos was not much better

We function right now because of Casemiro. He hs played some of the toughest teams away from home without blinking and we have come out with wins
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Apr - 20:16:01

we'll just agree to completely disagree... he's miles better than Kroos there so of course we're functioning better in the defensive center (as opposed to not functioning at all lol). But he is by no means a top player there. He's serviceable just like Lucas is serviceable. Very limited. We can do a lot better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next