halamadrid2
sportsczy
Perucho21
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UCL Semifinals Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Semifinals Draw

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Doc wrote:Kevin, Aguero and Silva can put us to the sword quite easily though and Casemiro is not more than adequate to handle these quite talented footballers. We would need another team effort to keep Man City at bay.

I know you don't rate City highly but come nah man, this is a good side who can beat us.
Yes but this is a big game and big games are what aguero and silva are known for in terms of being ghosts in. Maybe they step up for once in their careers but I have my doubts.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:21 am

I think City is being overrated now because they beat a decimated... and i mean destroyed....  PSG squad in the second leg.  They had 4 starters missing and no bench as a result.  

If you look at the first leg where PSG was healthier (still no Verratti or Pastore though)...  Ibra missed a PK and they had 7-8 clearcut chances and should have scored on 3-4 of those at least.  Just very, very wasteful.

City is going to give up a lot of opportunities and our guys just need to be as clinical as they have been all season...  nothing more, nothing less.

Bale is really the key because City is downright awful defending the wings... if he and Carvajal do their thing, they should have a field day on the right.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:25 am

Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:They won fair and square against a depleted PSG... that much is true.  I'm sure that if all of BBC are injured and we lose, you guys will be saying that we lost fair and square too Laughing

Well, I suggested that Barca's CL winning campaign of last season was relatively comfortable for them, since their top rivals in Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were struggling with injuries to key players, and couldn't quite find the right momentum. Their most challenging fixture then was against PSG in the group stages. With all due respect to Juventus, they barely managed to beat a Real Madrid side that had been hampered by injuries all season long. Your response was that Juventus were the better team and they got to the final fair and square, which was really not the point I was trying to make.

We didn't have 4 starters missing though. Only Modric missed the tie... that's far different from PSG missing Verratti, Motta, Matuidi and Luiz.

Being out of form and missing half the team are two different things.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:59 am

You don't find you're giving PSG way too much excuses for failing to deliver the goods? Suspensions and injuries are part of the game, so are tactics and taking your chances which PSG showed they couldn't (1st leg) and literally kept doing the same useless probing (2nd leg).

More importantly, PSG has incredible resources when it comes to purchase power. They couldn't build a squad with suitable replacements. Not like for like, just suitable enough to adjust to changes in the dynamic.

Don't take this as an attack on you or PSG, just find you're being really generous on their shortcomings as a club.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:23 am

sportsczy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:They won fair and square against a depleted PSG... that much is true.  I'm sure that if all of BBC are injured and we lose, you guys will be saying that we lost fair and square too Laughing

Well, I suggested that Barca's CL winning campaign of last season was relatively comfortable for them, since their top rivals in Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were struggling with injuries to key players, and couldn't quite find the right momentum. Their most challenging fixture then was against PSG in the group stages. With all due respect to Juventus, they barely managed to beat a Real Madrid side that had been hampered by injuries all season long. Your response was that Juventus were the better team and they got to the final fair and square, which was really not the point I was trying to make.

We didn't have 4 starters missing though.  Only Modric missed the tie... that's far different from PSG missing Verratti, Motta, Matuidi and Luiz.

Being out of form and missing half the team are two different things.

Benzema didn't play in the first leg. He started the second leg, but was substituted by Chicharito, if I remember correctly. I believe Ancelotti said he was available, but not match fit. These things are just part of the game. Luck seems to be on our side in the Champions League this season, just like it was on Barcelona's side last season.

Like The Demon of Carthage already pointed out, big teams have alternatives in case plan A crumbles. Evidently, we had no such thing when the absence of Benzema and Modric meant that desperate longshots and penalty pleas were our only alternatives to C. Ronaldo creating something out of nothing. I know if I had been a Barcelona fan last season, I'd much rather want to face Juventus than Real Madrid in the Champions League final. People talk about how we're having it easy these days, but again, Barcelona's toughest opponent in the Champions League last season was against PSG in the group stages.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:51 am

We love you sports but you gotta let that psg result go man.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2