RED
jibers
Bankz
futbol_bill
Jonathan28
40 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho Empty BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:54 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35508280

Manchester United have held talks with representatives of former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The 53-year-old Portuguese, who was sacked by the Blues in December, is increasingly hopeful of succeeding Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.

No agreement has been reached, and the club have made no comment, but negotiations have begun.

Dutchman Van Gaal, 64, is expected to leave United at the end of the season - one year earlier than scheduled.

That would leave the way clear for Mourinho, who is known to be excited by the prospect of taking over at Old Trafford.

The United hierarchy are thought to be keen to respond after Manchester City secured the services of coveted former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola earlier this week.

Mourinho's arrival would mean a resumption of a rivalry that began in Spain when he was coach of Real Madrid between 2010 and 2013.

It is widely assumed the most obvious alternative to Mourinho is Ryan Giggs, Van Gaal's assistant.

The Welshman, who joined United aged 14, made a record 963 appearances for the club and won 13 Premier League titles.

The 42-year-old took over as manager on an interim basis in April 2014 following the sacking of David Moyes.

Although he has not spoken about the United job since Van Gaal took over, it would be a surprise were he not interested in replacing the Dutchman should the opportunity arise.

However, while Giggs was happy to further his education under Van Gaal, he is unlikely to be as willing to work with Mourinho.

Twice in recent weeks, Van Gaal's tenure has seemed perilous.

However, defeats by Stoke on Boxing Day and Southampton on 23 January have been followed by an improvement in both form and performance.

United, who are five points adrift of the Champions League places, play Chelsea on Sunday (16:00 GMT).
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho Empty Re: BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Oh I hope this is bs. Otherwise it is another elite club to go down the toilet. At best, Mourinho is looking for another sucker come 2019.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho Empty Re: BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Post by Bankz Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:05 pm

:facepalm:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:11 pm

Utter disgrace. I'll leave it at that.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:55 pm

jibers wrote:Utter disgrace. I'll leave it at that.

I know you don't want Mou.

Who would have been your preference for the job?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Still a chance LVG will make 4th place, though, would achieving that make nay difference?

On the least, Mou knows how to build a balanced team, and his attacking tactics can't be any worse than Static United.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:01 am

RED wrote:

Leave LVG. As I said before, we need 3 players to complete the team in his image. A passing #6/vice-Carrick, A winger that can dribble so that Martial can go central and a needle player. Once we have these 3 players, we can compete and play his football effectively.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Still a chance LVG will make 4th place, though, would achieving that make nay difference?

On the least, Mou knows how to build a balanced team, and his attacking tactics can't be any worse than Static United.

Why should it? anything less than CL qualification ( if anything they should achieve a lot more anyway) would be a disgrace.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:03 am

best manager in the world, always rated him tbh tbf.

mata to egg fried evergrande in the summer for 60m confirmed
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:25 am

José Proud Molenation
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:35 am

In b4 he sends Pep running to PSG or Serie Zzzzzzzzzzzz
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Still a chance LVG will make 4th place, though, would achieving that make nay difference?

Why should it? anything less than CL qualification ( if anything they should achieve a lot more anyway) would be a disgrace.

Why ? Spurs , Arsenal, City and Leicester are above Man U this year imo so getting the 4th place after all would be not so bad at all. Man U have very high standard for sure but they can still finish 4th after all their problems then it's great.

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:

Leave LVG. As I said before, we need 3 players to complete the team in his image. A passing #6/vice-Carrick, A winger that can dribble so that Martial can go central and a needle player. Once we have these 3 players, we can compete and play his football effectively.

What are you making of Depay ? I know he's not playing well right now but isn't he supposed to be that winger tha can drible ? What about Rooney ( right winger ? ) . About the CM, who do you want ? Bastian S and Schneiderlin ( ...) are not doing what Carrick used to ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:37 am

Huge mistake if they go through with it.

When has Mourinho ever lead a team to sustained success? He's always only been good in the short term, and destroys the team after that. We've watched this happen. Every. Time.

And United who need to build themselves back up and decide to get Mou Laughing

Stay with LVG, try for Pep, idk, do something. Just...Mourinho? So short sighted.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:40 am

I agree mourinho isn't a great longterm coach but he is great on getting a team back on the map though, i don't follow much of utd but isn't that what they need?
does his ability to rise a club outweigh the state he leaves the club?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:50 am

Love Mourinho, but I don't think he would last long there. Man United seems a club with a certain "gravitas" the equivalent of Bayern and Juve in Germany and Italy.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:53 am

Mourinho has his faults for certain.
But his career is without question.
If Mourinho gets rid of rooney, how would mancs react?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:59 am

I can't wait for his 3rd season there Proud

On the side note, he's usually done good with underdog teams and not having a side with huge superstars, so you never know.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:48 am

LeBéninois wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Why ? Spurs , Arsenal, City and Leicester are above Man U this year imo so getting the 4th place after all would be not so bad at all. Man U have very high standard for sure but they can still finish 4th after all their problems then it's great.

Because they are much better than what Van Gaal has got out of them, that team shouldn't be ok with 4th and see it as some sort of achievement that deserves praise.

Turok_TTZ wrote:Mourinho has his faults for certain.
But his career is without question.
If Mourinho gets rid of rooney, how would mancs react?

Who cares about his career? means nothing in the present, especially when he hasn't been the Mourinho he was praised for since his Inter days, maybe Madrid at a push.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:51 am

Donuts wrote:I agree mourinho isn't a great longterm coach but he is great on getting a team back on the map though, i don't follow much of utd but isn't that what they need?

Exactly what club has he risen? He's had incredible amounts of cash and good squads no matter where he's gone. What United need is a manager who has a long term vision who can set the club up for success in forthcoming years. Exactly what is so good if United get back into the top 4 for a couple years with Mourinho if he leaves a team in shambles and they drop right back out again? This is assuming Mourinho can get United in the top 4 a couple times, of course.

You guys act like Mourinho enables short term success and that short term success enables long term success. Where exactly has this ever happened in his career?

And that's why it's short sighted
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:54 am

He's going to fail spectacularly.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:17 am

Incredible amounts of cash and good squads no matter where he has gone. hmm

Reminds me of someone else imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:54 am

Doc wrote:Incredible amounts of cash and good squads no matter where he has gone. hmm

Reminds me of someone else imo.

Thought cfarca was talking about pep fraudiola for a moment.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:03 am

If you want to ignore the context of the conversation you two may have a point to make. It would be a bad one but a fair one nonetheless.

However, Donuts was talking about "rising" a club. To me, that would indicate that someone takes the club to a higher status than they previously were at--however, I think there is a caveat. Does that person leave that club in a good position to continue that success, or does that success in the short term ruin the team/club?

And that's a big difference in Guardiola and Mourinho. Nobody doubts Mou's ability to win trophies, he's been proven at that anywhere he goes. Does he truly "rise" a club? In the first sense, yes, but he doesn't leave them in a good state, this is proven. Guardiola on the other hand is very proactive about promoting youth, integrating them into the team, establishing a philosophy the team can play by (though he has shown to be versatile at Bayern) and he left Barca in an amazing place to continue their success and the same thing will happen at Bayern. He will do so with Manchester City, as well.

Mourinho on the other hand has been a great short term manager but we've all seen what happens as he leaves. That to me is not what United need and why I do think it would be a mistake to hire him, and it is also the same point that makes your comments out of context and nonsensical.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:34 am

Nobody hates the douche bag more than I do, but donut isn't wrong tbh

1. He made porto a CL winning side *scratch that* :bow:

and won them back to back demostic leagues (bonus)

2. He made chelsea a feared european power house

3. He made chelsea win their first PL title in 50 years and he did it back to back *scratch that* :bow:

4. He made inter milan Champions league winners and subsequently won a treble (without ibra) *scratch that* :bow:

5. He was the only coach that could wrestle the la liga title from the best ever club side Goatcelona, and also won a spanish cup against this same team..

6. He brought madrid out of their round of 16 honey moon and made them relevant in europe again. Laughing

Ok, yeah he was an hyenna expert and yeah yeah, klopp started giving him a hard on in his dreams.. Laughing but still

That being said, man utd should stay away from the piece of shit ffs, he isn't worth the trouble in the end. :facepalm:

Last edited by Bankz on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:38 am

CBarca wrote:
Donuts wrote:I agree mourinho isn't a great longterm coach but he is great on getting a team back on the map though, i don't follow much of utd but isn't that what they need?

Exactly what club has he risen? He's had incredible amounts of cash and good squads no matter where he's gone. What United need is a manager who has a long term vision who can set the club up for success in forthcoming years. Exactly what is so good if United get back into the top 4 for a couple years with Mourinho if he leaves a team in shambles and they drop right back out again? This is assuming Mourinho can get United in the top 4 a couple times, of course.

You guys act like Mourinho enables short term success and that short term success enables long term success. Where exactly has this ever happened in his career?

And that's why it's short sighted

so much bullshit

at inter his net spend was a few millions. at porto the same.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next