guest7
Guiltybystander
Backspacer
bloodless
Mr Nick09
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Angel Di Maria? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Angel Di Maria?

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:51 pm

and he performs them as if they were a VERY easy thing to do...

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Angel Di Maria? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Angel Di Maria?

Post by juventus101 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Hes a great, but not world class, old fashioned winger who dives too much and should not be starting for argentina. I would start any of pastore, tevez, aguero, lavezzi, messi, etc in front of him for sure. And hes only starting for Real because hes their only good winger after Ronaldo. But personally if I was Mourinho id play a 4312, take out Di Maria, have a Khedira-Alonso-Sahin midfield with Ozil as the trequartista and Ronaldo and Higuian/Benz up front.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:09 pm

"Hes a great, but not world class, old fashioned winger who dives too much and should not be starting for argentina. I would start any of pastore, tevez, aguero, lavezzi, messi, etc in front of him for sure. And hes only starting for Real because hes their only good winger after Ronaldo. But personally if I was Mourinho id play a 4312, take out Di Maria, have a Khedira-Alonso-Sahin midfield with Ozil as the trequartista and Ronaldo and Higuian/Benz up front."

Pretty much agree with all of that except the Lavezzi part. I know he is good but he is frustrating to watch. And those comparing him to Robben, Robben is a MUCH better player in my opinion. I think he will be phased out of the starting lineup for Madrid in the next two years.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm

The Madrid One wrote:and that... is a beautiful way of playing football.

that would be interesting.. to create a thread where we compare players with similar styles, in movement and ideas...
yes that would be a great idea and we could also make more threads like this one to see what peoples opinions are about players and we can go to a conclusion
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:39 am

dnmac4 wrote:"Hes a great, but not world class, old fashioned winger who dives too much and should not be starting for argentina. I would start any of pastore, tevez, aguero, lavezzi, messi, etc in front of him for sure. And hes only starting for Real because hes their only good winger after Ronaldo. But personally if I was Mourinho id play a 4312, take out Di Maria, have a Khedira-Alonso-Sahin midfield with Ozil as the trequartista and Ronaldo and Higuian/Benz up front."

Pretty much agree with all of that except the Lavezzi part. I know he is good but he is frustrating to watch. And those comparing him to Robben, Robben is a MUCH better player in my opinion. I think he will be phased out of the starting lineup for Madrid in the next two years.
LOL, first of all we are playing 4-3-3.
Second di maria is an amazing player, him being rated high despite his shit decision making should tell you something about his talent.
FFS, he was playing CM for argentina
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:41 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:"Hes a great, but not world class, old fashioned winger who dives too much and should not be starting for argentina. I would start any of pastore, tevez, aguero, lavezzi, messi, etc in front of him for sure. And hes only starting for Real because hes their only good winger after Ronaldo. But personally if I was Mourinho id play a 4312, take out Di Maria, have a Khedira-Alonso-Sahin midfield with Ozil as the trequartista and Ronaldo and Higuian/Benz up front."

LOL, first of all we are playing 4-3-3.
Second di maria is an amazing player, him being rated high despite his shit decision making should tell you something about his talent.
FFS, he was playing CM for argentina
Uh, no he wasn't? He was roaming, but he was still playing on the left wing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza_Barca Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 am

Something about his face just makes me angry.

Anyway pedro>affelay>el hadji diouf> di maria

Forza_Barca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 am

He's a good player. Love his work rate.

Can be a mini-Robben someday, if he works on it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 am

Forza_Barca wrote:Something about his face just makes me angry.

Anyway pedro>affelay>el hadji diouf> di maria

I knew you got your arrows backwards as soon as I saw Pedro>Afellay...
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:18 am

Great Player who has a great shot and great technical ability and great work rate is a great player!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 am

a very good player with some bulk and better decision making easily WC imo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:43 pm

I rate him very, very highly. I think he is one of the Madrid players that would adapt to the Barcelona game. I think he would be superb for Barca. Very rich man's Pedro.

When will he be back from injury?
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Best Winger in the World.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm

hes not better than ribery imo....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm

or robben

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Can't say I'm his biggest fan.....but I like him.I think he'll adapt....I dunno if he'll be a winger forever, I doubt it actually but he'll always be a great player and he's a great asset.

LM he played in a 3 man midfield......with Mascherano and Maxi............unless they were playing 4-1-5 he was playing central midfield.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Can't say I'm his biggest fan.....but I like him.I think he'll adapt....I dunno if he'll be a winger forever, I doubt it actually but he'll always be a great player and he's a great asset.

LM he played in a 3 man midfield......with Mascherano and Maxi............unless they were playing 4-1-5 he was playing central midfield.
The only game Di Maria has played CM for us was against Venezuela. Which he played alongisde Mascherano and Sosa in central midfield with Zabaleta and Rojo as right midfield and left midfield respectively in a 3-5-2 formation.

It looks like you're talking about the Germany game, in which we WERE using a 4-1-5 (thanks Maradona), hence the scoreline.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:53 pm

di maria actually played as a CM vs us(according to ESPN)

----------Higuain---Messi------------
---------------Pastore----------------
-Angel---------Masch--------Banega
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Nes-T33 wrote:di maria actually played as a CM vs us(according to ESPN)

Oh, I didn't watch that match (if you're talking about the most recent one that wasn't the Copa Roca), sorry

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Him and Ribery are the worlds best wingers

World Class :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Albiceleste wrote:

Oh, I didn't watch that match (if you're talking about the most recent one that wasn't the Copa Roca), sorry
how did you not watch brazil vs argentina :vagi:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:06 am

Nes-T33 wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:

how did you not watch brazil vs argentina :vagi:
Work deceived me Sad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:14 am

Those who insisted he was nothing more than the next Quaresma...where art thou?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:46 am

He's better than Robs in my opinion, more consistent. On par with Ribs
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 am

Robben isnt fit enough to wipe one of DiMarias boots

DiMaria beats Ribery in every possible attacking/passing(bar pass success) stats out there, dunno where the over hype has come from

in over 26 game(2092 Mins) this Ribery guy has only managed 10 goals and 6 asisst

in only 17 games(1290 Mins) DiMaria has 5 goals and 14 asissts

/convo

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:53 am

I also dont get why people rate skills higher than physical fitness sometimes. I mean cmon robben may be a bit more technical with the ball and better attacker overall but hes never available for hes mates when they need him the most. For me Di maria>>>Robben.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next