Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

+7
Raptorgunner
Sina
Jay29
urbaNRoots
The Demon of Carthage
El Gunner
RealGunner
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  Empty Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm

year after year we have one of these matches where we have to prove our title winning credibility. We have failed every single time.

Match against City on monday is another one of those test. Draw is a failure. Defeat means we are out of the title race. Winning means we can actually do it

but i cant remember the last time we actually showed some backbone in one of these matches

can we do it this time?

we have the tools. but mentality?

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:18 pm

We're actually not that bad against City when they come and visit. We should have beaten them in this fixture last season.

I don't see how hugely "make or break" this is. However, I do feel we are in a good position to win a big game this time. I know United have their struggles, but we made light work of them in basically 19 mins, and that should inspire confidence in the lads. I agree though that a loss would feel like same old, same old. I wouldn't be too chuffed with a draw, as the season is still long, and we have a good chance this year.

However, of course I want to win. Would be a considerable marker to lay down, even at this stage. But it will only last if we go on and beat Southampton and Bournemouth straight afterwards to maintain that gap between ourselves and City.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:38 pm

I think this is your best chance since the 2007-08 season. The title race is very tight and nobody seems to be firing on all cylinders in the EPL. Chelsea is obviously out, so it's really between the Manchester clubs, and you.

The title race won't be decided in the big games, it'll be decided against the likes of Southampton, West Ham and Spurs.

It doesn't matter whether you win on Monday or not against City. It's a big game and it can go either way. What matters is that you make sure to never drop points again against the teams you're supposed to feast upon (Norwich, Spurs,...). That's how you win the league.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Our biggest failures have already happened against Liverpool and Tottenham. Had we won those games, this one wouldn't feel as important and evwn then it's not a title decider.

Alexis will be a big miss, he's our goalscorer in big games. Just hope Giroud/Walcott can step up in his place. Defensively, Man City attack doesn't frighten me as much as they did at the beginning of the season, so I see potential for a clean sheet if our boys are up for it.

Definitely can do it, our record in big games is not worse than our rivals... the league is just highly competitive and everyone is dropping points.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 am

With the way teams have been dropping points all season I don't see this game as a huge, all-important title six-pointer. I don't think the winner is going to suddenly discover consistency. It'd would be very typical of this season for us to win on Monday but then lose at Southampton (where our recent record is poor) on Boxing Day.

Still, obviously we definitely should try win the game and I don't see a reason why we shouldn't be able to. City have their own injuries, inconsistencies and frailties in defence. I can see us making the opportunities, so it's up to Giroud and Walcott to take them on the day.

My main concern about us is that we'll be vulnerable on the counter with Ramsey/Flamini in midfield. Sterling, Navas, Yaya and De Bruyne can hurt us a lot on the break so we need our midfield two to have disciplined games.

If we assume Leicester's position at the top of the table is a false one and that they'll eventually fade away, then a draw wouldn't be that bad a result on Monday as it would keep us second.And as I've said all season, the important thing isn't to be top at the turn of the year, but to be within touching distance in March. If we do that and go on a strong run from March to May we'll have a great chance of winning the title.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:52 am

huge game
world will be watching
need to confirm ourselves as legit team
Top class performance needed

if we get our tactics right and dont leave ourselves exposed defensively ,attacking quartet of Giroud-Theo-Rambo-Mesut has the quality to Demolish them

lets do this
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:01 pm

I think sometimes the injuries are a blessing for us. Joel on the wings and Ramsey back to his strongest position. Today is a huge game for us, we win today can go a great run of games at home.
We have 4 of next 5 games at home I believe and we win today it will make things a lot easier.

I agree with Urban about Liverpool and Spurs games, we must win all our home games. We have many hard fixtures away against top teams.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Looks like there's going to be a fan display tonight:

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  CWvsdeRWIAAcQei

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Any update on Sanchez?

The stadium looks amazing. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:45 pm

arsenal to lose the bottle yet again I think. they have talent. but seen to fold under pressure
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Unique wrote:arsenal to lose the bottle yet again I think. they have talent. but seen to fold under pressure

I don't know where people get this pressure thing from, we perform a lot better under pressure. Have shown it many times this season.

Against United, Bayern, and Olympiacos.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Alexis back in training. cheers

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  CWrzqXfXAAAU6TZ
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:12 pm

might be on the bench today
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:might be on the bench today

Its a Massive game dont be surprised if Wenger gambles and starts him. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:26 pm

hope not. Like sina said before, unfit sanchez is a liability to teh team
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal; Flamini, Ramsey; Walcott, Ozil, Campbell; Giroud

Alexis not in the squad.

City team:

Hart; Sagna, Mangala, Otamendi, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Yaya; De Bruyne, Silva, Delph; Aguero

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Alexis not even on the bench smfh

Walcott/Giroud save us.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Crowley needs to replace Iwobi.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:12 pm

that City team is full of frauds
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:17 pm

no idea wtf this is but

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWxZZ3sWUAApS0w.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:20 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Alexis not even on the bench smfh

Walcott/Giroud save us.

Its Ramsey who needs to save us. :bow:

Ramsey is my fantasy captain for a reason. Wink
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Flamini needs the biggest game of his life today.

Come on Arsenal!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Meh he'll run about a lot without affecting anything.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:49 pm

I miss positive RG Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:49 pm

I'll be positive when we win 3-0

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum