BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
sportsczy
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rafa played a suspended player... - Page 2 Empty Re: Rafa played a suspended player...

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:32 pm

There is too much ignorant shit in this thread lol, the one in charge of checking player's eligibility and what not is Chendo, not Benitez. And yes, there is a club delegate in charge of those things and he screwed up.

I like Benitez, he is screwing up, we all know he will get sacked, even if he wins the CL, but be at least fair with the ciriticism

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Rafa played a suspended player... - Page 2 Empty Re: Rafa played a suspended player...

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:37 pm

This is something that even a second division club wouldn't do. Benitez is royally screwing up on so many levels and even though he's not the only one to blame for this ridiculous incident, it still happened on his watch and is partly to blame given the fact that he's the manager.

And no, if he wins the CL he won't be sacked.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:44 pm

ofc course he is partly responsible, but not once in this thread has someone even mentioned Chendo. The higher ups are always responsible for their subordinate screw up. So this all mess is Florentino Perez fault. By extension, it's also the socios fault for putting him in charge. we can also blame their mothers for making bad decisions and having sex at the wrong time. Shall we continue?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:59 pm

its club delegates as well, but the fact that rafa has been touted as this meticulous manager who pays attention to the slightest detail means he cannot be excluded from criticism. match delegates can report who is or who isn't available, but it doesn't look good on a coach when this sort of thing happens. the coach is the one at the forefront that we all see....it doesn't rub off well on the players neither, how much faith do you think the players have in the manager when this sort of gaff happens? the fact that a similar situation happened with him while at valencia makes one question his attention-to-detail even more
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:05 pm

5 blockhead months at real madrid; the way in which the casillas exit happened, the de gea transfer, all the injuries encountered, the clasico embarrassment, and now we could exit the copa, without even losing a game smh
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:10 pm

titosantill wrote:its club delegates as well, but the fact that rafa has been touted as this meticulous manager who pays attention to the slightest detail means he cannot be excluded from criticism. match delegates can report who is or who isn't available, but it doesn't look good on a coach when this sort of thing happens. the coach is the one at the forefront that we all see....it doesn't rub off well on the players neither, how much faith do you think the players have in the manager when this sort of gaff happens? the fact that a similar situation happened with  him while at valencia makes one question his attention-to-detail even more

Exactly. The manager is always at the forefront. Besides, the fact that the same thing happened during his managerial days at Valencia doesn't bode well for him.

If we get disqualified, Rafa will be the one at the heart of the blame, and rightly so.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Barcelona need to build a statue of Perez. He has done more for them than Real Madrid ffs Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:43 am

You can't really blame the manager for this, it's too detailed stuff for him to keep a track on on his own. Someone else wasn't doing their job at the club.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:47 am

Oh come on. This isn't Rafa's fault Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 am

Apparently the RFEF sent the notification fax mistakenly to Villareal instead to Real
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:57 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Apparently the RFEF sent the notification fax mistakenly to Villareal instead to Real

If this is true rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:34 am

Freeza wrote:Oh come on. This isn't Rafa's fault Laughing

Lol of course it isnt, if he wasnt told which players arent available how could he knew. Thats not part of his job I think, although he couldve easily checked it on the RFEF website.

Not sure how could this have happened at this level. Any person without special qualities can look it up on the internet lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 am

Art Morte wrote:You can't really blame the manager for this, it's too detailed stuff for him to keep a track on on his own. Someone else wasn't doing their job at the club.

we don't know who the "someone else" is, we do know rafa. and as a coach it will behoove the manager when looking at his team sheet to take into account injuries, suspensions, maximum selections and things of that nature. granted, there should already be a list of that....but when you are sold on the meticulous nature of the manager, u expect more. i don't recall this happening with fergie, wenger, lippi et al. its either poor planning or a gap in the relationship between the manager and the technical staff responsible. if i were the coach, i'd take responsibility, but go backstage and blow a fuse in the big offices....nobody can be excluded from such fiasco. funny enough i can excuse cheryshev because he isn't involved in the logistics department. but coach and higher ups, NO. as i said, that this has happened under rafa's watch before, is what makes us question his attention-to-detail
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:40 am

Yes we know who that someone is, HIS NAME IS CHENDO, its his job to check that stuff.

You blame this on rafa because he is said to be meticulous? What? Is this for real? Its a ridiculous blunder that no club makes but someone messed up, it happens, but its certaonly not benitez blame him for the clasico, something football related, how we play but not this crap ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:47 am

I actually called a friend of mine who works with OL and asked him how this type of thing is handled there...  he said that there is a specific person on the staff who handles compliance. This staff reports to the manager.  Typically, the manager (and/or his staff) puts together a list of eligible players.  This happens before the first practice to prepare.

He can't understand what happened since he also said...  before every match day the list of suspended players is faxed and emailed (not just one; both). Every competition does this.  If you somehow don't receive it, you know that it's something you need so you would contact the appropriate competition office to get the list resent.  It's routine.  So even if you messed up the eligible players' list done internally, you should catch your mistake here.

In the end imo...  a CEO can' t make the excuse that his IPO failed because someone in his staff messed up the documentation.  He may not get fired.  But it puts into question the effectiveness of his leadership.  It's an enormous error.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:34 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Yes we know who that someone is, HIS NAME IS CHENDO, its his job to check that stuff.

You blame this on rafa because he is said to be meticulous? What? Is this for real? Its a ridiculous blunder that no club makes but someone messed up, it happens, but its certaonly not benitez blame him for the clasico, something football related, how we play but not this crap ffs

all i have said is rafa cannot be excused, if you read my post, i put this on delegates as well. truth is nobody gives a rat's ass about chendo. within the club, he'll have responsibility to pay. but the pie in the face and the poor publicity will fall on rafa and florentino (just based on the fact that he's the president, even though he wasn't responsible for this), whether they like it or not. whether you like it or not, it doesn't look good on rafa, mainly since this is the second time it has happened to him.

that's not something people can slide under the rug. if the team was doing well, it might not be this pronounced, but less than two weeks after an embarrassing clasico that could cost us the league, we are already talking about a cup elimination, and its not even christmas yet...i'm sorry but no matter how you slice it, rafa will have a difficult time separating himself from this debacle...same goes for florentino, as it happened under his watch. chendo will get his reprimanding, but nobody was discussing him before this, and after this, we'll probably even forget his role in it

reminds me of when we needed a player for ucl due to injuries and we registered both lass and huntelaar when they had already played in the uefa cup. we didn't talk about whose department did what, we knew calderon had *bleep* up....schuster couldn't be blamed cos he had been fired a couple of weeks before, and juande ramos had barely just come in....my point is, these things won't happen under great mgt. if you know you'll have to owe an explanation to a ferguson or a mourinho, this would hardly take place
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:38 am

You are basically talking about something we all understand, what the general perception will be.

But what do YOU think, thats what i care about. Use your own voice to differentiate from whats the common opinion. Someone  at the club messed up the team list. I wanted to know who is responsible. I found out chendo is, so i call him out. Its that simple, i dont need to lump this into an argument to badmouth rafa. Rafa cant be excused? Why are u blaming him in the first place?

After if it reflects poorly on aomeone its perez, and no one else.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Dude, this has NEVER happened to Real Madrid before. Then Rafa shows up and the exact same thing that happened to Valencia when he was in charge happens now with us.

If you want to chop Chendo's head and then roll over, it's your call. But us, most of us, think Rafa is to blame. we also do not think Rafa is a top manager and doesn't deserve to be in charge of Real Madrid. And if we get disqualified from the CDR, we'll blame Rafa for this because it happened on his watch and made us look like a bunch of idiots.

I won't blame Perez because this never happened to him. It never happened to Carlo or Mourinho or Even Pellegrini. It only happened on Rafa's watch.

The only thing that I blame Perez for this year is that he fired an excellent manager and replaced him with a potato.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 pm

These incidents are bound to happen when you have two morons like Flo and Benitez simultaneously in charge of the club, back then we had some rational minds like Jorge Valdano to balance things out but they're shrinking day by day.

I thought nobody could be more incompetent than Sandro Rosell in club management but Flo is giving him a challenge.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:08 pm

As much as it's Chendo's responsibility to pick up on these things, it's Rafa's job as a manager to get the information from Chendo.

Had Rafa simply asked Chendo whether he'd confirmed all players are eligible, Chendo would have told him that he hasn't received the fax from RFEF detailing who isn't eligible. That raises a flag, they then follow up with the RFEF and Denis isn't selected.

Instead, we're now as credible as tweedle dee and tweedle dumb.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:58 pm

The blame falls squarely on the staff's shoulders not Benitez. So what if this is the first time this has happened to us, somebody was going to be in charge when it happened. Its just a coincidence that it was Rafa. It looks like People try to find anything to blame Rafa on because the pkayers dont like him because he asks them to work hard. Give me a break

The reason why it never happened to Carlo was because he had his set of 12 players with everyone else being neglected. Probably made Chendo's life a lot easier.

It is neither Perez' nor Rafa's fault. Cherychev and Chendo are the ones in the wrong. Last time I checked Rafa does not handle our fax machine and if not told does not know who's suspension carry on from their ex team especially when it's as a result of accumulation of yellows rather than reds and gotten when playing for a small team nobody follows regularly

If you expect Rafa to coach the team, find out who is suspended and babysit the primadonnas we might as well sack all the staff and have him there as the sole autocratic figure
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:06 pm

The players don't like him because he asks them to work hard? Where did you come up with that? Danilo works hard? BBC work hard? He's killing Modric and playing several players including James out of position, that's all that he's doing.

It seems to me that some of you are defending Rafa even in the wrong. This happened to him at Valencia and now here. Chendo is part of his Staff, and so is Jesus Olmo.

What he needs to do is pack his bags and take his incompetent staff with him. Wouldn't mind if Perez followed them as well.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:44 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Last time I checked Rafa does not handle our fax machine

When was the last time you checked?

Perhaps, since then, Real have realized they hired a fat waiter and gave him a more appropriate job of handling fax machines rather than footballers. They probably did not expect his machine management to be worse than his man management.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Regardless of whose job it is to check the fax, the manager is in charge of everything game related and should not be as ignorant as to let such a monumental slip up occur.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Last I checked, it's a manager's job to manage their staff, including ensuring that the staff do their jobs. Overseeing that people do their job (ie. being a manager) is a very different thing to actually doing their jobs for them.

Rafa, being the manager, is responsible.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:36 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:The players don't like him because he asks them to work hard? Where did you come up with that? Danilo works hard? BBC work hard? He's killing Modric and playing several players including James out of position, that's all that he's doing.

It seems to me that some of you are defending Rafa even in the wrong. This happened to him at Valencia and now here. Chendo is part of his Staff, and so is Jesus Olmo.

What he needs to do is pack his bags and take his incompetent staff with him. Wouldn't mind if Perez followed them as well.

BBC are the main cause of our defensive problem=check
Rafa trying to solve that by only playing Ronaldo and Bale=check
James is a tactical retard=check
Rafa does not play him until he learns and playing Lucas and Isco instead who eont make us play a 424 formation when they are on=check
James moans as a result despite not justifying being first choice=check
Ronaldo is asked to run more=check
Ronaldo moans=check

Also i dont think a single play bar defence and goalie played in their preferred position under Carlo so there goes the playing players out of position excuse

Players keep getting injured so he cant play his first choice regularly

I am not making excuses, these are cold hard facts. I didnt even want Rafa but lets not stop thinking objectively for a minute. Rafa is many things but he has had to face a hurdle as tall as the eiffel tower before he even signed his contract. Give him a break
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next