Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

+58
McLewis
nasir6371
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
zigra
Sri
danyjr
juve_gigi
titosantill
Luca
LoveSlug
Firenze
Vlad the Impaler
Art Morte
CBarca
Glory
LeBéninois
footyfan01
futbol
rincon
Turok_TTZ
Rebaño Sagrado
farfan
Red Alert
S
Nivash
free_cat
Cruijf
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Lucifer
Lex
forza.milan
B-Mac
Myesyats
urbaNRoots
Thimmy
Bankz
mr-r34
Kaladin
Robespierre
RED
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
chad4401
McAgger
Unique
LeVersacci
RealGunner
halamadrid2
M99
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
62 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 8 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:55

Actually think it would be a great move for him to go to Inter. Strike partnership with Icardi will be GOAT.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 8 Empty Re: Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son

Post by Robespierre Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:58

I can't wait to watch him shining at Inter ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu 16 Nov 2017, 06:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czm-nfvwzPU

I fking hate Mourinho Mad

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 08:13

One of the most overrated talents in recent memory

People will bash Pato, but at least Pato did relevant things against relevant teams (Barca, Real, prime Inter) whilst scoring 15+ goals consistently and being marred by injuries.

This guy dribbles once against Marten Skrtel and drops German bartender Nikkas Sule and people wilding
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 16 Nov 2017, 08:16

Never bought into his hype ever.

Solid B+ Player. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt he's going to be remembered a decade after retiring.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu 16 Nov 2017, 08:23

Kaladin wrote:One of the most overrated talents in recent memory

People will bash Pato, but at least Pato did relevant things against relevant teams (Barca, Real, prime Inter) whilst scoring 15+ goals consistently and being marred by injuries.

This guy dribbles once against Marten Skrtel and drops German bartender Nikkas Sule and people wilding

Pato's problem was that he couldn't stay fit. When he were fit he performed. And it's not even a viable comparison since the Brazilian was a wordly talent. This guy not so much from what I've seen.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 16 Nov 2017, 16:20

Pato rofl Absolute bum. Michu lvl talent i:e 12-18 month wonder. At least Martial has many years to prove he's legit. And Martial would absolute destroy Serie A and be a top talent. I mean freakin' Suso is elite there. You wish you could attract Martial type players, ES. Martial had a dodgy second season because of personal issues and he looked incredibly lazy and disinterested as a result, he mostly rotates off of the bench now and is having a solid season. Nobody overrates him. The potential is there though.

plus Martial is already better than any incarnation of Pato in Fifa.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 19:52

Unreal that you mention Suso and in the same paragraph you bring Michu a PL POTY player couldn't hack it as a sub for Napoli rofl

Listen mate, maybe Martial schooled some french olive farmers, maybe the 80m transfer hyped you up, maybe the lad owes his career to Martin Tyler. But let me make one thing clear, you take Martial age 18-22 and Pato age 18-22, and the frenchie doesnt even hold up a candle. Its almost negligible, Pato was a real generational talent at one point if not for his injuries.

And dont you ever disrespect my league again, you nunk. We'd beat the shit out of you 11v11 combined XIs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:33

generational talents bounce back from injuries you deluded clown. Pato was good for a brief moment in time and now he's playing against farmers in China in his 20s. Don't bring up failures in a thread about a young player that could easily turn into a GOAT.

You wish you had a talent half as good as Martial at your club.

the best Serie A XI wouldn't even be favorites against the likes of Chelsea. Laughing get out of here. Go focus some of that energy you're using to hate on Martial and scout Udinese or whichever 10th place rival you're facing this weekend.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:44

Talent half as good as Martial?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/17/64/32/82/donna10.png

Our talents are better than the best players in your club you deluded cuck rofl

PL XI wouldn't even finish top 10 in Serie A lmao

tfw a Serie A certified manager walks the PL Molenation

tfw PL hasn't done anything relevant in CL since 2012 Molenation

tfw your best player was made in Serie A Anthony Martial AKA New Henry, GOD of men, Maker of the ring of pace and Martin Tyler's Son - Page 8 E25b159cac3f7cf98140a6fc4fe0a893

Dont ever @ me again, and keep disable the push notifications on Huddersfield next time
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:51

Every kid who makes it big at 17 is a generational talent according to people here.

I bet RG still calls Wilshere a generational talent.

I'm not saying injuries didn't ruin Pato's career, but let's not pretend to know how his career would have gone. The fact of the matter is I don't know if he ever broke 20 goals in a season, and he never played at an elite level. He was a great talent but personally I don't see where he's any better than Martial.

I think once Mou is gone or Martial moves a lot of people are going to be regretting their words the

I'm 100% agreed with Firenze here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:55

Said this a million times but kids destroying shit before entire gameplans are built to stop them doesn't mean anything.

While it's true injuries prevented Pato from answering those questions there's absolutely nothing to suggest Pato was a generational talent for all the reasons i've explained a million times over.

Firenze as usual being part of the Prem face elite is absolutely right.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:05

I see.

Where are my Serie A brethren?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:07

Laughing

The I see bit genuinely made me laugh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:11

Kaladin wrote:I see.

Where are my Serie A brethren?

@S

although he would do well to stay away because I just remembered some lad named Pjaca exists Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:14

FFS rofl Since when did Pato become a generational talent? Last time I saw a discussion about him on here, he was fit and underperforming. Milan fans were blaming Barbara Berlusconi for his lukewarm performances. Such a terrible shame that his generational talent's Kryptonite was something as simple as female ass hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:15

If pato was any good a big club would have signed him from Milan. Another overrated Brazilian that’s overrated just because he’s Brazilian
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:19

Pato can't be considered a generational talent now but he most definitely had the signs of one. Can't really compare to Martial who couldn't get game time for a 6th place team last season and makes his name for scoring against tired donkeys in the last 7 minutes of each game.

Martial should have a much better career and quite comfortably be better but Pato at Milan had all the promise in the world, just a shame he had a poor combination of injury, mentality and Milan.

I like Martial a lot though, would love him at Juventus but we already have Pjaca Douglas Costa

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:20

He's been injury free and fit for years as far as I'm aware. Injuries can limit a career but they don't turn you into an incredibly unremarkable player like Pato has been for 80% of his career. This isn't just something I've seen from ES. Seen it many times over the years from Milan and Brazil fanboys.

About as credible as those guys you know that claim to have been scouted as a kid by Chelsea, Utd, big team from w/e country they're from but an injury got in the way and now they're stacking shelves at your local supermarket
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:25

Kaka was another player after his injury

Vermaelen regressed deeply

Essien as well

Even f*cking Vidic

The audacity to claim that injuries don't have much impact on players, you should get -50% for that
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:26

Also for Martial, I'm definitely willing to say for other top sides he would be much better. Mou's system isn't exactly complimentary towards Martial's talents. We'll probably end up selling him and he will thrive elsewhere, which is a shame, because Mou will be gone in a couple seasons at most.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:29

Firenze wrote:Also for Martial, I'm definitely willing to say for other top sides he would be much better. Mou's system isn't exactly complimentary towards Martial's talents. We'll probably end up selling him and he will thrive elsewhere, which is a shame, because Mou will be gone in a couple seasons at most.

I'll buy that. Still think he'll turn out really good, either for United or Juventus in some sort of reverse Pogba transfer

But lets not take away from Pato, there is a reason he's still highly thought of after all this time. Kid was playing in braces for Milan scoring and crying while texting Berlusconi's daughter on his Motorola Razr

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:31

Firenze has a point tbh.

Shearer had two ACL injuries but it didn't stop him remaining elite. Injuries don't turn you into a scrub over night, they do after a certain age but not as early as it did Pato.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:33

Also ES Vermealen was always massively overrated, injuries or no injuries.

Essien was pretty *bleep* good until he got old rather than injuries, same applies to Vidic and Kaka.

There's a common theme here, none of these players went to shit until they got old rather than just injuries or they just weren't capable of maintaining that standard expected of them over multiple seasons as it applies to Vermealen.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:34; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:34

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Firenze has a point tbh.

Shearer had two ACL injuries but it didn't stop him remaining elite. Injuries don't turn you into a scrub over night, they do after a certain age but not as early as it did Pato.

Are you an expert in physiotherapy?

Do you know how many niggling injuries Pato had over the years?

That was by no means normal, each person's body is different as well as its recuperation
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 16 Nov 2017, 21:35

I don't think anyone will deny he had talent but it's something else to claim someone was a generational talent when we never got to see what he was to turn into if he was injury free

Even in his early days he was a great footballer but you never know how that turns out.

It's like claiming right now that Pulisic is a generational talent. He's damn good. He looks like he very well could be. But if he started getting chronically injured from this point on (pls God no oh god no), then I don't think I could look back and say with any certainty I think he was a generational talent.

He was a great talent though, no denying that. Injuries ruined him more than most because of his reliance on pace. Similar to Kaka tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next