The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread

+3
Shed
Katy Perry
Kick
7 posters

Go down

The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread Empty The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread

Post by Kick Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:40 am

He isn't fast enough for RB anymore, he is costing us too many goals.

Sign a new fullback on deadline day (move Dave to RB if needed), someone experienced and quick.

It is no longer an option, it is a requirement, otherwise other teams are just going to exploit us there all season.

Piszczek, R.Rodriguez, Coleman, De Marcos or even De Sciglio. Someone needs to replace him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread Empty Re: The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread

Post by Katy Perry Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:19 am

I second this.

He got targeted a lot by Palace yesterday and it paid off because all their chances came from his side, I mean, I don't want  to scapegoate him, we have many problems, but I feel like he's became a liability as s RB and just isn't as solid and reliable neither attacking or defending like he used to be.

I've been calling that he should return as a CB sooner or later for quite some time but our pursue of Stones indicates that Mou doesn't feel that way, and even if he changes his mind the transfer window is almost overso I guess he'll, still be a starter, unless Azpi starts there.
Which is risky as well because, I mean, let's assume Azpi is fine as a RB despite not playing there for 3 years, is Baba strong enough to be the starting RB? I mean, I don't know him, but he must be, otherwise we wouldn't have signed him.
Last year Luis failed to make the first XI because both Iva and Azpi were in the form of their lives which is not the case anymore.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread Empty Re: The Official Move Ivanovic to CB Thread

Post by Shed Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 am

Genius Mourinho makes our worst defender captain and proceeds to declare him undroppable despite total and critical incompetence week after week. I very seriously think he could set up a chair and umbrella at the corner flag and read a novel for 90 minutes every weekend and he'd still be the first name on Mourinho's teamsheet the next match.

The only place he ought to be moved to is the garbage heap. Fit in nicely there.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:58 am

I know the guy love between them but did he actually say to the press that he's undroppable? I googled "Mourinho Ivanovic" and all I found was a spanish article saying "Mou critica Ivanovic y reclama un penalti" hmm
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:45 am

I didn't mean it literally. I'm only saying that there seems to be nothing the guy can do that will make Mourinho think differently about him.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:24 am

I honestly don't think Jose trusts Baba yet, and since he is so young, I'd like to keep him as back up and bring in an experienced first choice.

I'd prefer a RB to a LB since Dave is a known quality at LB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:19 pm

My vote goes to that bloke at Atlético. What's his name? Phillip? Louis? Sommat like that?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:22 pm

How we could use him now....
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Another masterstroke by José. Following up on his previous ones of getting shot of DeBruyne and Schurrle and replacing them with Salah and Cuadrado.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:28 pm

I wouldn't include KDB, he didn't want to stay here due to lack of play time, I don't think he'd be a starter for us now.

I agree on Schurrle, though.

But whats done is done. Let's sign a RB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:40 pm

When carthorse headless chicken Willian whose goals + assists you can count on one hand at the end of every season is above you in the pecking order from the off, I can hardly blame him for wanting out.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Borderline off-topic: I think Ramires would beast it at RB if both him and Mou put their heads on it. I mean his best traits are that he's good at defending and a tireless runner so I guess he won't be beaten 1on1 or fail to track his opponent's runs and would be a constant presence down that right flank. I'd prefer him there than in midfield.
Could be an alternative solution in case we don't get defensive additions.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 am

I always felt Ramires would do well there, but he lacks the positional knowledge to be thrown in the deep end. If we spent a pre-season working on moving him there, I'd be ok with it, but we haven't, so I'd rather bring one in.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:39 am

I'm one of his biggest fans but it's due time we dropped him..
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:23 am

So when you can't perform against a league one side, it's time for you to be dropped.

I honestly hope, no, pray, we sign a fullback in Jan. Baba can remain back up LB for the time, Azpilicueta starts on either flank, we buy someone like De Marcos, Coleman, R. Rodriguez or Willems to start.

Sell Djilobodji because wtf is he even doing with us, and move Ivanovic to 4th choice CB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:26 am

Also, It's a shame we missed out on Darmian and Clyne, both of whom would have be fantastic purchases.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:41 am

Cahill and Zouma are our best CB pairing, ivanovic is not good enough. I suggest moving Ivanovic to the stand, wouldn't even want him on the bench.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Clyne would have been great.

It's a shame with Ivanovic. Could he being appointed VC be affecting him being dropped?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:59 pm

Or we could have kept Luis and had Dave at RB again, but it's Mou outside his favourites.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:51 am

Abramovich wrote:Or we could have kept Luis and had Dave at RB again, but it's Mou outside his favourites.

That too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Another game, another goal conceded from poor Ivanovic defending. Sigh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Chelsea miss their best defender Terry

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down