Pedram
Hapless_Hans
McAgger
50 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mahrez for POTY - Page 3 Empty Re: Mahrez for POTY

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 pm

I rate Ozil, but Art is not wrong in saying that the PotY would only be between Vardy and Mahrez (and IMO, it's clearly Mahrez and not really much of a contest).

Ozil would come in a distant 3rd.

The only argument I could see for Vardy getting the PotY over Mahrez is because he broke the goalscoring record and is British.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Vardy already won it when he scored 10 years in a row.

Even if Leicester finish 11th, he'll still get it due to hype.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 pm

I don't quite get why people seem to be dismissing Vardy as inferior to Mahrez in terms of the POTY hmm

I believe if it was Aguero with 15 goals in 16 games people would absolutely putting him right up there for the POTY. Because this is almost certainly by far the best season Vardy is ever going to have and is not considered a world-class player, people seem to be putting him down. Yet the POTY isn't about how good you actually are in the long-term, it's about one season and one season only. For me, Mahrez and Vardy are neck and neck in the POTY race right now.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Nobody is dismissing Vardy, but if you watch Leicester play it's very clear that Mahrez is not only superior but more important in terms of that team's build-up, team play and success...IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:02 pm

I think it maybe has to do with the fact that Vardy is a dirty racist scumbag.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Mahrez gets my vote, Ozil isnt even close.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Most assists with 13, most chances created with 65 and not even close Laughing

You guys Laughing that's without mentioning how important he is as every single little thing goes through him which can't be measured by stats.

Only reason that he's not completely accepted as #1 this season is because he plays for a " bigger club " and people like to put more stock in pound for pound success instead of comparing isolated performances side by side without political BS.

Admit it you were all wrong about him, instead of doing what the english media will do and cowering behind the flavor of the month and manning up to the facts.

Which are, he's been the best player in the league by a considerable distance since he returned from injury, funny thing is he's been doing this since he joined Arsenal but no one took any notice because " NO NUMBERS !" as this argument proves as all the arguments i see are this guy has this amount so he must be better.

I have no problem you thinking Mahrez is better, you are wrong but it is what it is. But to say someone who has been the best playmaker ( not just assists) in Europe in the last year is not even close is utterly absurd especially when he's the only Arsenal player who is actually performing.

Oh and if Silva was performing like him and City were in Arsenal's position and City players outside of him were not performing i can guarantee you would have no problem picking him but for some reason PL fans dislike Ozil.

I don't get it, as he's the last person a football fan should dislike but when ever he performs no one but Arsenal fans mention it and his haters will call him out for an average performance ( not crap) the minute it happens.

Yet when his closest challengers in the league do the same you go all quiet and act like it never happened. Laughing

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:32 pm

To be honest if I watched Henderson, Emre Can and Milner waddling around week in week out, I too wouldn't know what a world class midfielder would play like.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:37 pm

I do think that Vardy should be in with a shout. Don't care how he's gotten his goals, he's been unreal this season and a large part of Leicester's success is due to him. I think that Mahrez has been a bit more important for Leicester though and that's why I think that Mahrez edges it. It should be between Ozil, Mahrez and Vardy.

Right now I think it's too early to tell who should win it. I certainly think that Ozil is neck and neck with Mahrez and Vardy though. He's the better player and he's been playing unreal. If we were to pick POTY right now I think I would go with Ozil. But we still have half a season to go, so picking right now would be dumb.

Can't really say I care who wins it anyway.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:41 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:To be honest if I watched Henderson, Emre Can and Milner waddling around week in week out, I too wouldn't know what a world class midfielder would play like.

rofl
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Kind of agree with mole except for that he had been playing the same way since he joined part.... No freaking way. There is hell alot difference between that unmotivated and lazy ozil and this year's Ozil.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:11 pm

This year's Ozil has been great, and he's been better than Vardy, but Vardy has the goals, the glory, the record and the nationality.

No way has Ozil been better than Mahrez though. Sorry.

Also I understand the shots at Can and Milner, but Henderson is absolutely class so gtfo with that shit.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Mahrez>Ozil

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/17/64/32/82/mahrez10.png
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Donkey lgs top 10 players rofl

Depressing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:11 pm

That's because our whole league is full of quality. And not like La liga where all top 10 players play for two heavyweights in Atleti and Barca (:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 pm

just watched all Vardy goals in a row, with commentary, except for the last one which didn't have commentary, and I'm now in the Vardy for POTY camp.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:That's because our whole league is full of quality. And not like La liga where all top 10 players play for two heavyweights in Atleti and Barca (:

-25% RG Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:27 am

Mole the thing is that POTY is not necessarily the best player in the league, it's the player that was most decisive for the season. And Leicester are 1st largely due to Mahrez ''s exploits. I think if you were to ask people "would you rather have M or O on your team?" 95% will go for the later, but that doesn't meant that Oezil has done more to win it this season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:08 am

Wow, just wow. For the record mole, you don't even watch games so its understandable to hear that shit spew out of your mouth.

And before I say this, I am a fan of ozil and I'm glad hes doing great. But dude.. Mahrez wipes the floor with ozil. And its not a tirade on ozil. Hes that good. He's pushing people out of the NT as well and we scored 7 goals in our last game where he was the star Laughing

I don't like rating players with individual qualities since its so simple and a bit narrow minded but I have to right here.

Mahrez is faster, fitter, a MUCH, MUCH better dribbler, a better scorer, tracks back on the wing and actually plays defense. Feel free to disagree but I'm gonna prove you wrong.

But I get it, Ozil plays for the best NT in the world and is a much higher, more hyped player.

Nevermind he was one of germanys worst players in the WC, has failed to lead a team full of talented players for years, and mahrez is doing what he should be doing with an average team.

You mention Ozil is the best playmaker. Okay? What else can he do? For years we've seen him limited to assisting and playing as a luxury player. He can't take a team by the neck and lead them with his talent. No athleticism, no stamina, inconsistent.. come on

So you should just end the bs here Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:13 am

El Gunner wrote:I was very serious however hmm

I liken what Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Southampton. He is definitely a good player, but he ain't a player I would label as "top class" quality, no not yet. They even started talking about him in the Real Madrid section in their transfer thread. Laughing Just think some people a going a tiny bit overboard with his hype.

But yes in terms of POTY so far, he is up there in discussion along Ozil and Vardy.

Oh come on. Comparing lallana to mahrez?

Oh my god. The things people will say to suit their argument. gg
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:15 am

I forgot, isn't he all stats and no talent? i mean, ozil is so much better at dribbling. right..?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:22 am

Adit wrote:Kind of agree with mole except for that he had been playing the same way since he joined part.... No freaking way. There is hell alot difference between that unmotivated and lazy ozil and this year's Ozil.

+1

What are these Liverpool fans on about Laughing

FennecFox7 wrote:

I liken what Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Southampton. He is definitely a good player, but he ain't a player I would label as "top class" quality, no not yet. They even started talking about him in the Real Madrid section in their transfer thread. Laughing Just think some people a going a tiny bit overboard with his hype.

But yes in terms of POTY so far, he is up there in discussion along Ozil and Vardy.

I didn't compare their qualities or them as individuals.
I just compared their situations. What Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Soton.

Of course Lallana, didn't produce the exact same numbers. But in terms of the way he led his team in the offensive side of the game I draw parallels to that of what Mahrez is doing now.

Come back to me when Mahrez actually wins POTY and reproduces this sort of play when he eventually moves to a bigger club. And that bigger shouldn't ever be a club as huge as Madrid. Laughing

In fact, you know what I'll say it, I won't be surprised in the slightest if he, like Lallana now at Liverpool, drops off a bit and loses the great portion of the impact that he can have on a game if he makes that move.

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:36 am

Ozil maybe the most unluckiest SOB to ever live imo. He makes ridiculous things look easy and people be like "what he ain't did nothing special so he is bullshit". He better learn those rainbow flicks and elasticos before retiring imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Really doesn't matter until Leicester is on top, Mahrez will win the POTY and you guys know it too if the table continues this way.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Adit wrote:Kind of agree with mole except for that he had been playing the same way since he joined part.... No freaking way. There is hell alot difference between that unmotivated and lazy ozil and this year's Ozil.

+1

What are these Liverpool fans on about Laughing

FennecFox7 wrote:

I didn't compare their qualities or them as individuals.
I just compared their situations. What Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Soton.

Of course Lallana, didn't produce the exact same numbers. But in terms of the way he led his team in the offensive side of the game I draw parallels to that of what Mahrez is doing now.

Come back to me when Mahrez actually wins POTY and reproduces this sort of play when he eventually moves to a bigger club. And that bigger shouldn't ever be a club as huge as Madrid. Laughing

In fact, you know what I'll say it, I won't be surprised in the slightest if he, like Lallana now at Liverpool, drops off a bit and loses the great portion of the impact that he can have on a game if he makes that move.

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at.

I didn't compare their qualities or them as individuals. I just compared their situations. What Mahrez is doing now to what Lallana did at Soton. wrote:

Which is bullshit. Lallana was not the best PL player last year. Not even close. That Southampton team was a complete unit and it was not just him. And yes, that is indirectly comparing their qualities as individuals. You don't compare messi's season with Shaqiris, because they are on way different levels. No comparison.

Come back to me when Mahrez actually wins POTY and reproduces this sort of play when he eventually moves to a bigger club. And that bigger shouldn't ever be a club as huge as Madrid. wrote:

Mahrez has done it in one of the better NT's in the world at the moment, which is ours, and we play completely different to leciester's counter attacking game. In fact he's our best player at the moment.

In fact, you know what I'll say it, I won't be surprised in the slightest if he, like Lallana now at Liverpool, drops off a bit and loses the great portion of the impact that he can have on a game if he makes that move. wrote:

He did the same exact thing last season with his overall play. He's added physicality and goals to his game. This is not magic form. It's the real deal. Same with Vardy.

Mahrez is not a top class player yet in my book, and your obvious biased nationalism ass can cry about that all you want cuz I know where it's at. wrote:

Considering you are an Arsenal fan and all and yet I'm biased.. that seems a tad hypocritical. Yes, I support Algerian and Morrocan players more then anything else, but you don't see me saying scrubs like boudebouz and belfodil should be playing for top teams
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Your " book" doesn't meant squat .the reality of the situation  is that Mahrez's individual contribution to his team so far  is  greater than any other player in the league .

But hey , i'm pretty sure Ozil will close the distance very soon  with a couple of  corner / free kick assists .  Rolling Eyes
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next