RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 33 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 12, 2019 6:03 pm

last 12 games, 8 losses, 2 draws, 2 wins

lordie rofl

imo, he should be sacked, it doesnt matter if he was confirmed a few weeks back, sack him, and try to revamp the team now.

Starting the next season with him = wasting another year because he will be sacked by december. he is mediocre, united legend or not

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun May 12, 2019 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 33 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Doc Sun May 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Uncle Ole actually took them from 6th to 6th yes.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Mourinho said getting this United a 2nd place finish was his greatest achievement.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 12, 2019 6:23 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Considering results, I reckon they may have some point.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Kaladin wrote:Mourinho said getting this United a 2nd place finish was his greatest achievement.

What's really annoying about people lately repeating this as a great quote and a piece of wisdom is that Mou had the time and money to build a better team but didn't. You can't build a shit car and brag about how you once drove it without crashing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:last 12 games, 8 losses, 2 draws, 2 wins

lordie rofl

imo, he should be sacked, it doesnt matter if he was confirmed a few weeks back, sack him, and try to revamp the team now.

Starting the next season with him = wasting another year because he will be sacked by december. he is mediocre, united legend or not

His team is mediocre, and hardly any of them look like they want to win. You want his laziest player at our club, so let's see how it pans out for him when the dead weight goes elsewhere. If everyone were as flimsy and kneejerk as you, the world wouldn't go around.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 pm

this will be a big summer for man u.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Team could be World Class and it wouldn't matter, he was a scrub at Cardiff and he's a scrub now.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:last 12 games, 8 losses, 2 draws, 2 wins

lordie rofl

I agree. He's a club legend and was given the job prematurely but the board will and probably should back him now because of their decision (would be cruel otherwise) But I don't think he's up to the job. The squad is kinda meh but its more than good enough to actually be winning most of these games he's lost. It'll be another wasted season until he's gone and the management stop fucking around with transfers.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 pm

cruel? no this is pro sports, he is not coaching you for charity or for the love of the jersey. he is terrible at his job. If the board made a mistake, own up to it, and make the change. There are managers like Allegri who might become available this summer, so try to get a big name and try to rebuild.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 12, 2019 7:05 pm

if he weren't a club legend I'd fully agree. Again, I don't think he's up to the job and it was always a mistake to appoint him when we did. If anything this just emphasizes the need to get Woodward out of control of everything surrounding the club. Hope the rumours of us getting a DOF are real.

I'm resigned to us going into the season with him.

Ideal summer window for me would be Ole out, Pogba out, Lukaku out.

I have a feeling the only one of those that happens is Pogba.

If the club are going to go ham during the transfer window I'd be fine with giving Ole until xmas tbh. I just want so much of the dead weight in the squad gone.

Martial, Pogba (good player but shitty attitude, will be big in a lesser league where he won't have to give 100% every week), Lukaku, Rashford (backup quality at best)

Fred..Matic. God. We need a massive overhaul in attack, def and midfield ffs.

DDG
? ? Lindelof Shaw
Mctominay ? ?
? ? ?

I wouldn't mind keeping Pogba unless we get huge money for him though, top talent but incredibly frustrating. Maybe if Chelsea are open to selling Kante and I think they would be, we can bring him in and that'll help Pogbito out.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm

why would a champions league club like Chelsea sell you their best player having already lost Hazard? be realistic

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if DDG bailed this summer tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Kaladin wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if DDG bailed this summer tbh
juve maybe.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:why would a champions league club like Chelsea sell you their best player having already lost Hazard? be realistic

That's rich, coming from you Laughing Any team would benefit from having Kanté. He's probably the player I want the most at Real Madrid, presently. It doesn't even seem remotely likely that he'll go anywhere this summer, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Club legend or not (and believe me, I get it, it's difficult to separate the legend from the job), Ole has an obligation to the club and the fans' expectations and he really has not met it. Utd's board honestly has serious issues to address and I have my doubts they'll actually do that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 12, 2019 7:36 pm

the crazy thing is oli took points from games you would expect him to lose and lost games you expected him to win.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Doc wrote:Club legend or not (and believe me, I get it, it's difficult to separate the legend from the job), Ole has an obligation to the club and the fans' expectations and he really has not met it. Utd's board honestly has serious issues to address and I have my doubts they'll actually do that.

Meh, United were not on top 4 spaces when he took over and they are not now.
Ole had a fantastic start and a terrible end to the season.

But it makes no sense to put this past season on him.

He got hired, now he needs to be supported, and then, as with any other manager, he needs to do a good job.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Ole was brought in to just see the season out, a season that was considered over in December. I don't think he's let anyone down considering that - he was the one that gave fans some semblance of hope (even if IMO it was the ol' new manager bump) Fucking madness that Woodward offered him the job fulltime after a couple months. I don't blame Ole for accepting as it must be his dream job.

As usual it's mostly on Ed Woodward the absolute clown.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Firenze wrote:Ole was brought in to just see the season out, a season that was considered over in December. I don't think he's let anyone down considering that - he was the one that gave fans some semblance of hope (even if IMO it was the ol' new manager bump) Fucking madness that Woodward offered him the job fulltime after a couple months. I don't blame Ole for accepting as it must be his dream job.

Exactly.
The problem might be, Woodward might have sabotaged Ole's tenure when he used appointing him at an opportune moment as an easy way out of the necassary, and much touted, structural reforms.

I suspect honestly that this might be something the players might be reacting to.
I'm sure the players too were told there were changes coming, a DoF installed, a manager picked in summer AFTER the DoF.

Now they just picked a manager who doesn't dare to park on Fergie's parking spot and threw all the other plans overboard again, and the players realize it's same old same old.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 pm

Unique wrote:the crazy thing is oli took points from games you would expect him to lose and lost games you expected him to win.

From what I can tell, there's only one reason why they started losing, and that's because the morale suddenly shifted in the other direction. I suppose one could blame Ole's man management for that, but his tactics clearly aren't the problem. I say they should kick him out, already, so I can amuse myself with reading what issues people have with the next scapegoat. Either way, Man United need a massive overhaul from top to bottom, and it's going to take years, so it's really not a good time to be a Man United fan.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Firenze wrote:Ole was brought in to just see the season out, a season that was considered over in December. I don't think he's let anyone down considering that - he was the one that gave fans some semblance of hope (even if IMO it was the ol' new manager bump) Fucking madness that Woodward offered him the job fulltime after a couple months. I don't blame Ole for accepting as it must be his dream job.

Exactly.
The problem might be, Woodward might have sabotaged Ole's tenure when he used appointing him at an opportune moment as an easy way out of the necassary, and much touted, structural reforms.

Well, that's pretty obvious. Even Pogba stated in an interview that he wanted Ole to succeed, back when things were going well. It's hard to argue that he's still set on that goal, considering the sudden flirting with Real Madrid and his indifferent performances since.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 12, 2019 8:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:the crazy thing is oli took points from games you would expect him to lose and lost games you expected him to win.

From what I can tell, there's only one reason why they started losing, and that's because the morale suddenly shifted in the other direction. I suppose one could blame Ole's man management for that, but his tactics clearly aren't the problem. I say they should kick him out, already, so I can amuse myself with reading what issues people have with the next scapegoat. Either way, Man United need a massive overhaul from top to bottom, and it's going to take years, so it's really not a good time to be a Man United fan.
tbh i think it again points to the attitude of the players. these players seem to have a small club mentality they seen to be more up for it in the big games and dont realy give a shit in the games they are expected to win.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 12, 2019 8:19 pm

what I will say is that at least 4 of the losses we had, really should have been wins. Including the Arsenal game in the league. We had a few of those games in a row and then morale utterly tanked and we started getting outplayed by shit teams.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 12, 2019 8:33 pm

I think it looks like some of the players don't really want to play. The ones who put in the effort are among the least talented ones on the team, so that doesn't really help much in terms of trying to win. As for the big games, the entire team looked like a pile of shit against Barca, so I don't know if they're even motivated for those games right now Laughing One of the many reasons why Pogba frustrates me, is because he was the first player on the team to look like he couldn't care less whether they won or lost. I really don't understand why Firenze would want to keep such an undevoted player. Talent aside, he's an absolutely awful role model for younger players, and I don't think keeping him around through United's inevitable squad overhaul will benefit anyone. Both Liverpool and Tottenham play with grit and intensity that few Man United players seem capable of, and they have talent to boot. All Ole asked for when he took over the team, was for the players to work harder than anyone else, and that evidently didn't work out, nor will any tactical changes do since the players aren't putting in the work.

Firenze wrote:The squad is kinda meh but its more than good enough to actually be winning most of these games he's lost.

Yeah, well you didn't mention that when you were bound for outside of the top 10 under Mourinho, but I suppose that was Mourinho's fault hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next