Red Alert
Art Morte
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Get Ings! Empty Get Ings!

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Danny Ings is ours, get ings!

I hope our opponents are ready for some beatIngs!

Who needs SterlIngs when you can get Ings!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Get Ings! Empty Re: Get Ings!

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:14 am

Liverpool have gone from SAS last season to ISIS (Ibe Sturridge Ings Sterling) next season. Dramatic.

rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 am

7million pounds in compensation, what a *bleep* joke.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:24 pm

mr-r34 wrote:7million pounds in compensation, what a *bleep* joke.
Yeah, it's been bothering me as well. Hopefully they can negotiate something sensible.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 pm

7 mil is nothing. Ings is 22 and that's nothing money.

Signings? Or sign Ings? Can't remember what they said about the summer.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:44 am

You can see that excitement from the fans when the new signing generated 5 posts consisting 4 jokes
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:05 am

3rd or 4th choice striker, whats the excitement, we all knew it was happening anyways.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 am

Welcome Danny boy. Might as well get behind him now that he's ours.

Let's see, one positive I can definitely see is that he'll be terrific in COC and FA Cup against Championship and League 1 sides.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:22 am

And he will be our hard-working English lad in the Europa League when we get those hard-fought draws against sides like Anderlecht and Viktoria Plzen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:21 am

Art Morte wrote:And he will be our hard-working English lad in the Europa League when we get those hard-fought away wins against sides like Anderlecht and Viktoria Plzen.
Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:51 am

Art Morte wrote:And he will be our hard-working English lad in the Europa League when we get those hard-fought draws against sides like Anderlecht and Viktoria Plzen.

High 5's all around
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Twoism wrote:You can see that excitement from the fans when the new signing generated 5 posts consisting 4 jokes

I actually am excited about Ings, moreso than Milner.

Maybe it's because we were linked to him already before, but watching as much of him as I could this season I find that he's being a bit underrated. Ignore that he outscored all of our current players playing for Burnley, and just look at his actual play. His movement is good, his pace is good, his work ethic and personality on the pitch are very good. He's maybe not the most clinical, but he's a good goal scorer (37 goals over the last two seasons) and on top of it all he's HG and only 22 years old. I think he also fits much better than the strikers we had this season, and he still has room to get better. He'll also have better service from midfield AND the wings, as well as better penetrating wingers to link up with. He's a talented poacher with the ability to play some nice link up. People crying about Benteke and his lack of movement or pace should be quite happy with this signing really.

I don't think he'll be 3rd or 4th choice and I don't think he deserves to be really. With Sturridge on the mend and how poor his form was this season, I wouldn't count on him until probably the start of the 16/17 season to be honest. I think what we'll see this season is one of Balotelli/Borini/Lambert retained (don't really care which) and whoever we buy as our main striker will have Ings as a deputy (if not a starter in a two striker system).

Here is actually a nice video posted only 5 days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8IHnBDxJg
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Wait... I said signings not sign Ings... hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Will someone turf this tool for posting these things in the Liverpool section? The last thing I want to do is look at that stupid face.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:09 pm

Ings, I just saw two games, where he scored. He looked good but I think it depends upon his mentality if he can be backup striker for us (doesnt matter 3rd or 4th). All I will pray is, he saves Studge from few injurues in this season.

what this knobhead southampton fan doing here hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 pm

El Cujo wrote:Will someone turf this tool for posting these things in the Liverpool section? The last thing I want to do is look at that stupid face.

Come on, admit it actually was funny.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:And he will be our hard-working English lad in the Europa League when we get those hard-fought draws against sides like Anderlecht and Viktoria Plzen.

High 5's all around

Can't ever forget the 2-2 draw at Ludogorets, where at the end of the match high 5s were going all around as if we accomplished something.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

High 5's all around

Can't ever forget the 2-2 draw at Ludogorets, where at the end of the match high 5s were going all around as if we accomplished something.

We did accomplish something big. The draw in a European game against Ludogorets was massive for Liverpool as a club. We showed great character to bring back a point from Bulgaria. Technicians at work, really. More of the same this season please.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am

El Cujo wrote:
Twoism wrote:You can see that excitement from the fans when the new signing generated 5 posts consisting 4 jokes

Maybe it's because we were linked to him already before, but watching as much of him as I could this season I find that he's being a bit underrated. Ignore that he outscored all of our current players playing for Burnley, and just look at his actual play. His movement is good, his pace is good, his work ethic and personality on the pitch are very good. He's maybe not the most clinical, but he's a good goal scorer (37 goals over the last two seasons) and on top of it all he's HG and only 22 years old. I think he also fits much better than the strikers we had this season, and he still has room to get better. He'll also have better service from midfield AND the wings, as well as better penetrating wingers to link up with. He's a talented poacher with the ability to play some nice link up. People crying about Benteke and his lack of movement or pace should be quite happy with this signing really.

I don't think he'll be 3rd or 4th choice and I don't think he deserves to be really. With Sturridge on the mend and how poor his form was this season, I wouldn't count on him until probably the start of the 16/17 season to be honest. I think what we'll see this season is one of Balotelli/Borini/Lambert retained (don't really care which) and whoever we buy as our main striker will have Ings as a deputy (if not a starter in a two striker system).

rofl

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:05 am

El Cujo wrote:

Such optimism

Just a thought though, isn't what u describe here Balo and Lambert & Borini roles all along? So right now Pool has 5 strikers which 4 are back up & 1 injury prone starter, not aspiring bunch. Probably try to at least get rid of 2 of those 3 players 1st before bringing someone in ?. What if your club can't offload those three ( two of them just joined and one refused to go) and try to find top profile striker, that would be 6 players for one position.

It is not hard to find another Ings, the Higuain is difference on the other hand. And yes I know he's free and everything but he does cost wage and fills up roster.

I don't know, with Milner and Ings signings, it seems like Pool is too hasty with their dealing. The club just had really average season, losing a legend and probably another star. Maybe take a step back to evaluate what is missing, what is needed? It's not like Milner & Ings are hot properties, everyone around Europe lurking. Just my 2 cent
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:07 am

Milner is a good signing for us, but I think 95% of our fans expect Ings to be an indifferent player for us. From the category 'if he does well, what a nice surprise, if he doesn't make a difference, well, it was an inexpensive experiment'.

Borini will hopefully be gone this summer, Lambert will be gone after one year, after that having Ings in the roster will look more sensible.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:20 am

twoism wrote:Just a thought though, isn't what u describe here Balo and Lambert & Borini roles all along? So right now Pool has 5 strikers which 4 are back up & 1 injury prone starter, not aspiring bunch. Probably try to at least get rid of 2 of those 3 players 1st before bringing someone in ?. What if your club can't offload those three ( two of them just joined and one refused to go) and try to find top profile striker, that would be 6 players for one position.
1. Borini, Lambert and Balotelli are all expected to leave. Since we are simply looking to cut these deadwoods and aren't looking for any profit, it will not be too difficult to off-load them. 2. Ings and Origi will be 3rd choice striker (in the case Sturridge is fit) and in that perspective, he is a very decent acquisition. 3. If Ings can even repeat his performances of this season, he is already an upgrade over all three of the outgoing strikers. 4. While not much enthusiasm has been attached to Ings signing (due to the disastrous performances of last seasons signings), he is a 10+ goal striker and a very decent option to have. 5. We are on the lookout for a stand-out striker in class of Higuain (or Benteke) who compete with Sturridge (when fit) for the starting slot.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 am

Art Morte wrote:Milner is a good signing for us, but I think 95% of our fans expect Ings to be an indifferent player for us. From the category 'if he does well, what a nice surprise, if he doesn't make a difference, well, it was an inexpensive experiment'.

Borini will hopefully be gone this summer, Lambert will be gone after one year, after that having Ings in the roster will look more sensible.

iftikhar wrote:
twoism wrote:Just a thought though, isn't what u describe here Balo and Lambert & Borini roles all along? So right now Pool has 5 strikers which 4 are back up & 1 injury prone starter, not aspiring bunch. Probably try to at least get rid of 2 of those 3 players 1st before bringing someone in ?. What if your club can't offload those three ( two of them just joined and one refused to go) and try to find top profile striker, that would be 6 players for one position.
1. Borini, Lambert and Balotelli are all expected to leave. Since we are simply looking to cut these deadwoods and aren't looking for any profit, it will not be too difficult to off-load them. 2. Ings and Origi will be 3rd choice striker (in the case Sturridge is fit) and in that perspective, he is a very decent acquisition. 3. If Ings can even repeat his performances of this season, he is already an upgrade over all three of the outgoing strikers. 4. While not much enthusiasm has been attached to Ings signing (due to the disastrous performances of last seasons signings), he is a 10+ goal striker and a very decent option to have. 5. We are on the lookout for a stand-out striker in class of Higuain (or Benteke) who compete with Sturridge (when fit) for the starting slot.

Well it looks like u all got it figured out now on and up Borini + $ for Higuain
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:03 am

twoism wrote:Well it looks like u all got it figured out now on and up Borini + $ for Higuain
We would be happy even if it's Borini + Balotelli + $ = Higuain (or Icardi hmm )
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:18 pm

It would be more like Sterling + $ for Higuain + them taking Balotelli and Borini Laughing
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: