BarrileteCosmico
ahmad25
Myesyats
Donuts
The Sanchez
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barcelona 2011 vs Barcelona 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona 2011 vs Barcelona 2015

Post by windkick Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Well said Franchise

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barcelona 2011 vs Barcelona 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona 2011 vs Barcelona 2015

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Don't know, I think 10-11 was perfection, of style, but it was limited on the style of play. This Barca is as good and has higher potential, I just hope that players don't get complacent after treble like after 10-11, because it will be hard to bounce back.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:46 pm

let me remind you guys of this beauty

that was total domination, we limited what was the second best attack of the season.
we did backheels for fun and played our triangular game on crazy levels.

i didn't see this type of style from us this season.. but we surely got results at any costs.
ask yourself when was the last time we did these messi / neymar stalling tactics in a game with guardiola? surely not more than 2 times

in terms of success it's a fact. 2015 is the better year. but visually, and tactically we were much better in 11
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:35 am

Barça 10-11 was better as a team, but this Barça has MSN, we can't really know who is better tbh.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:15 am

I have to say that 2011 was probablly the best football I’ve seen in my life.
However this team, without giving the same aura of dominance, makes me feel more comfortable in defense (set pieces anyone) and seems to have no blueprint to block out (park the bus).
In the past it seemed that if you managed to lock Messi the team paralyzed. Now that’s hardly the case
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Too much nostalgia. That 2011 team had no plan B and were predictable. Just park the bus and they had no plan B and at the end red cards and fights would decide some games.

This team have plan A B even C you can not just park the bus against this team. Some praises possession and side passes but that was the reason teams parked bus successfully.
This season no possession and more direct football with Rakitic instead of Xavi
Fast play. Messi will not dribble whole defense alone he will just make through ball. This makes it harder for defenders to predict what he will do

Both teams are equal for me. But you can not stop 2015 team with bus
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:32 pm

And your being a prisoner of the moment.

This front 3 is really special...but they arent playing against Inter Milan with Lucio, Zanetti, Chivu, Samuel, Cambiasso, Maicon and so on.

There are no defensive units anywhere near that level we had to face then, or even the Chelsea unit of Makelele, Essien, Ballack with Terry, Carvalho and Cole standing holding hands on the edge of the penalty box for 90 minutes...which that team who "had no plan B" beat anyway.

This front 3 will create chances vs anyone..but unless anyone forgot, we created chances in those games too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm

You want to say that this team didnt face Mourinho yet?
I think it was not only Mourinho teams. Many teams parked good planes against that Barca even in la liga. I forgot which teams but i remember having heart attacks at those times
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 pm

No, im just saying that is the highest level of difficulty.

If we faced Mourinho Chelsea this season, I think we would have won still...so its not about Mourinho, its just about the teams.

Yeah, teams park the bus then...and so? They still broke them down and won things...you know, seeing as this discussion is taking the place, should we not forget they won everything also.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:23 pm

billy_gr wrote:I have to say that 2011 was probablly the best football I’ve seen in my life.
However this team, without giving the same aura of dominance, makes me feel more comfortable in defense (set pieces anyone) and seems to have no blueprint to block out (park the bus).
In the past it seemed that if you managed to lock Messi the team paralyzed. Now that’s hardly the case

ahmad25 wrote:Too much nostalgia. That 2011 team had no plan B and were predictable. Just park the bus and they had no plan B and at the end red cards and fights would decide some games.

This team have plan A B even C you can not just park the bus against this team. Some praises possession and side passes but that was the reason teams parked bus successfully.
Fast play. Messi will not dribble whole defense alone he will just make through ball. This makes it harder for defenders to predict what he will do

^This.
I know I might be risking being a prisoner of the moment here but I can't really overemphasize MSN enough, and even at that, you can't say nostalgia isn't usually prominent in these kind of comparisons but the 2011 team was more visually appealing, and had a god-like midfield, but that team was easier to stop/neutralize and had no plan b against big teams. There's no team that the 2011 team has won that this 2015 one doesn't smoke tbh.. In fact, this team handily smokes that mourinho inter team for fun and I'm not even exaggerating, all you had to do back then was stop messi and we were done. This 2015 Barcelona team even won this CL with our best player (messi) scoring 90% of his goals in the group stage, while only scoring in one knockout game of a possible 7 Shocked (against buyern in the first leg) which would have been unthinkable prior to MSN. Now that's what you call a super strike team. So while I'm not trying to discredit the 2011 barca, I simply think we're really underrating this group, this is without taking into account out set piece system, the keeper situation which is now superior and the defence which is miles better now. Infact this team won more games, more trophies, scored more, lost less, conceded less, and had higher ratings. So, yes this team while not as svelt, cool and fashionable as the 2011 one, they certainly are more dangerous, have more potential and are simply better.. :bow:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:Futbol can you not see how misleading your being? Brining in some odd moments of uncertainty into games in which that Barca team clearly were dominating.

Some one in 5 years will say this current Barca team beat

-Juve with star players Man Utd reject Tevez, most lost balls of any midfielder Pogba, injured Cheillini and senior citizens Pirlo and Buffon.

-All time record injury crisis Bayern Munich.

-PSG with no Ibra, 20 minutes injured Thiago Silva and unfit Lucas who tore us up badly in the group stages.

-CL flop Man City with unfit Aguero and still starting Demichiellis.

They can say all these things and make it seem like this team is just the luckiest of all time and faced nobodies..when in reality, its a very good team who deserved the CL.

Real madrid faced the same Juventus as we did. Amirite?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:45 pm

We should rank the order in your opinion the team, least to greatest, out of the 4 UCL teams of the last 9 years that you think is the best

Last edited by windkick on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:58 pm

linetty wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Futbol can you not see how misleading your being? Brining in some odd moments of uncertainty into games in which that Barca team clearly were dominating.

Some one in 5 years will say this current Barca team beat

-Juve with star players Man Utd reject Tevez, most lost balls of any midfielder Pogba, injured Cheillini and senior citizens Pirlo and Buffon.

-All time record injury crisis Bayern Munich.

-PSG with no Ibra, 20 minutes injured Thiago Silva and unfit Lucas who tore us up badly in the group stages.

-CL flop Man City with unfit Aguero and still starting Demichiellis.

They can say all these things and make it seem like this team is just the luckiest of all time and faced nobodies..when in reality, its a very good team who deserved the CL.

Real madrid faced the same Juventus as we did. Amirite?

I literally, have no idea what your trying to say.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Bankz wrote:
billy_gr wrote:I have to say that 2011 was probablly the best football I’ve seen in my life.

ahmad25 wrote:Too much nostalgia. That 2011 team had no plan B and were predictable. Just park the bus and they had no plan B and at the end red cards and fights would decide some games.

^This.
I know I might be risking being a prisoner of the moment here but I can't really overemphasize MSN enough, and even at that, you can't say nostalgia isn't usually prominent in these kind of comparisons but the 2011 team was more visually appealing, and had a god-like midfield, but that team was easier to stop/neutralize and had no plan b against big teams. There's no team that the 2011 team has won that this 2015 one doesn't smoke tbh.. In fact, this team handily smokes that mourinho inter team for fun and I'm not even exaggerating, all you had to do back then was stop messi and we were done. This 2015 Barcelona team even won this CL with our best player (messi) scoring 90% of his goals in the group stage, while only scoring in one knockout game of a possible 7  Shocked (against buyern in the first leg) which would have been unthinkable prior to MSN. Now that's what you call a super strike team. So while I'm not trying to discredit the 2011 barca, I simply think we're really underrating this group, this is without taking into account out set piece system, the keeper situation which is now superior and the defence which is miles better now. Infact this team won more games, more trophies, scored more, lost less, conceded less, and had higher ratings. So, yes this team while not as svelt, cool and fashionable as the 2011 one, they certainly are more dangerous, have more potential and are simply better.. :bow:

My argument remains the same = prime Xavi, Iniesta, Busi and Messi in front of them, all of them pressing and retaining the ball, and MSN wouldn't even get a chance to act. Not to mention we had Abidal to stay back who wouldn't leave us open like Alba does (who had a stinker in the final)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Talk bout nostalgia.
Like we never lost during that era, or like some teams didn't do us a new one in that same year Laughing
Pit 2015 Barcelona vs 2011 Barcelona and the 2015 barca smokes the 2011 one.. :coffee:
Can only imagine MSN against that defence Laughing and messi against abidal banana
All 2015 barca needs to do is stop messi, and watch MSN do jingles around that defence.. No
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:49 pm

2011 Messi was allot more fierce in front of goal than this current version. Masch and Alba trying to hold him would be funny. 2015 Messi only runs half the game and the other half just ball watches, 2011 Messi actually pressed

And again, I argue the 2011 midfield and pressing would severely limit MSN, as the 2015 midfield wouldn't be able to get nothing forward.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2