Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
FalcaoPunch
48 posters

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

FIFA 16 Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA 16 Discussion

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu May 28, 2015 11:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Meh, I dont think anyone is really bothered if its in the game or not. Its just like womens football in RL, quite irrelevant.

The problem is people are tired of them not improving the actual base of the game enough but come with useless stuff like this.

Maybe to you.

This is a videogame. A game that people play for fun. Girls play videogames. I'm sure girls will play this and enjoy the option to play as girls, and guys too. In fact I'm sure many girls who would never have bought a FIFA game other wise will due to this feature. This dismissive attitude as if they aren't worthy of any sort of recognition is kind of bs..

Shouldn't take much effort at all to add. Only 12 teams. There is zero reason why they can't add this feature and fix the issues with the game. If they don't, women getting characters aren't going to be to blame, it will be because EA technically incompetent..

People can demand EA to fix and improve the game as its own issue. But like many other things people are using a petty argument as a platform to bash empowerment of women. Nobody would be outraged if EA announced they were adding the bottom 3 tiers of Scottish Football or the Welsh Premiership or whatever. Nobody would have cared because additions like this have no baring on the fundamentals and stability of the product. But because women lets decry its addition and find any excuse possible to excuse in any way possible why it shouldn't happen

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Thu May 28, 2015 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 28, 2015 11:59 pm

No one is actually outraged though lol, at least not on here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 am

no outrage. But there is sympathizing with their general message, which doesn't help.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 29, 2015 12:55 am

Last year the biggest changes were some small improvements to presentation, including boot prints on the pitch and corner flags that move.

It's a personal opinion that this is a useless feature. For many, it does matter. Especially for women. On the broad view, it's lovely to see a big franchise like FIFA giving the women's game respect as well.

You can talk about how it's more about how EA continues to make big improvements, but how is this different from last year? The year before? What about the year before that?

At least this time EA are doing something at least halfway significant, in addition to whatever small changes they've made. I would take this feature ahead of the corner flag and pitch degeneration (which was mostly annoying). Or the characters "reacting" (it's as much a joke as ever).

I agree with the same basic issue EA has, but we all know that they've been doing this for some time, and it's not going to change because we'll all buy it anyway. At least this is an improvement over previous years though. If you don't like it, ignore it.

Meanwhile I'll be kicking ass with my favorite girl Rapinoe and scoring with Alex Morgan, as well as making GOAT saves with Hope Solo Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 am

CBarca wrote:and corner flags that move.

Completely forgot this actually happened Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 29, 2015 1:01 am

Nobody would be outraged if EA announced they were adding the bottom 3 tiers of Scottish Football or the Welsh Premiership or whatever. Nobody would have cared because additions like this have no baring on the fundamentals and stability of the product. But because women lets decry its addition and find any excuse possible to excuse in any way possible why it shouldn't happen

This is very true as well. Agreed 100%
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 29, 2015 1:04 am

As i said no one is outraged, the exact same reaction would have happened if the scottish and welsh thing happened.

People are complaining that the base game is broken and has been for years and all they do is add more stuff on top of that broken base and not fix it.

That's all, making a bigger deal out of this than there needs to be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 29, 2015 3:30 am

I don't echo the outrage part but the sentiment. It is true. Add some irrelevant league in--did someone say the Armenian league?-- and people would be absolutely fine with it.

You put in women and I wouldn't call it outrage, but there are people with problems about it. It's a talking point. There are detractors. I happen to agree that there are more detractors due to the simple fact that it's women. The attitude to the addition is somewhat disappointing imo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 29, 2015 3:34 am

I'm sure people looking to score lad points by churning out 'kitchen' jokes and shit suck, but in general from people who aren't trying to be funny I don't see any real outrage at all

More indifference really. And from an objective P.O.V indifference is the obvious response because essentially it's a bunch of football players with bad stats being added to the game.

And going by feminism, they want absolute equality in everything. So judging these football players for what they are, not their gender I come to the conclusion that it's similar to FIFA adding some 1-2* national teams in to the game. So yeah, indifference.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 29, 2015 3:59 am

The jokes though have been awful and for the most part align with a generally gross reaction to something so harmless. Because really the only funny thing about FIFA 16s inclusion of women is that the Canadian Women will be in FIFA before the Canadian Men in a game that is developed by Canadians. But that's more so funny due to the very specific lack of accomplishment of the Canadian Men's National Team program than supposed ratings or relevance of the skill of Women as a sex in general.

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri May 29, 2015 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 29, 2015 4:00 am

There's always going to be wannabe comedians, usually social media ones that do this crap. Guaranteed 95% of people making sexist FIFA jokes do so for 'banter' and 'likes' and don't actually give two shits about the situation.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 29, 2015 4:18 am

The real outlash is going to be once everyone finds out you won't be able to play against men teams with women teams.

"WHERES MY EQUALITY" lol
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri May 29, 2015 7:07 am

FIFA 16 Discussion - Page 3 10295801_10206552625992246_2569522178571034593_n

On topic, anyone bitching about this addition is just silly.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 29, 2015 8:15 am

Saw that joke coming from miles away, still funny Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri May 29, 2015 9:54 am

I don't think anyone cares about this feature except for the 1% girl gamers that plays fifa.

As usual they'll fix most of the issuses from the previous game and create new issues Laughing

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 29, 2015 10:58 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:

Maybe to you.

This is a videogame. A game that people play for fun. Girls play videogames. I'm sure girls will play this and enjoy the option to play as girls, and guys too. In fact I'm sure many girls who would never have bought a FIFA game other wise will due to this feature. This dismissive attitude as if they aren't worthy of any sort of recognition is kind of bs..

Shouldn't take much effort at all to add. Only 12 teams. There is zero reason why they can't add this feature and fix the issues with the game. If they don't, women getting characters aren't going to be to blame, it will be because EA technically incompetent..

People can demand EA to fix and improve the game as its own issue. But like many other things people are using a petty argument as a platform to bash empowerment of women. Nobody would be outraged if EA announced they were adding the bottom 3 tiers of Scottish Football or the Welsh Premiership or whatever. Nobody would have cared because additions like this have no baring on the fundamentals and stability of the product. But because women lets decry its addition and find any excuse possible to excuse in any way possible why it shouldn't happen

Just me? Or actually is it most most peoeple? I dont know a girl on this planet that actually wants to play football games..I am sure there is a good number out there, about the same number who watch womens football? Which as implied..isnt many, it just isnt drawing great interest. Thats a fact.

Who are you fighting against here? Your telling me it shouldnt take much effort and if the games issues isnt fixed, its not because they added womens football? Are you insulting my my intellegance to tell me this? Do you think im not aware of that? As I said, It doesnt make a difference if its in or not, nobody is outraged simply because its in..they are outraged because EA are showing off thier "new feature" but arent doing the basics right.

Why are you quoting my post to go on a crusade? Did I even say it shouldnt happen? Let alone try and accuse me of having an outcry because its women?

Im sorry if you dont like what I said, but I said it how it is to me...not a single person I spoke to has said to me this is a good idea, not one..only place is on here.AGAIN that doesnt mean it shouldnt happen, its a bad idea or that they even care..simply it isnt a good idea. You realise that people can feel something isnt a good or bad idea?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 29, 2015 11:41 am

Here's a question: Japan are the reigning champions in women's footy while Germany are ranked number one. To what level in men's football do these teams compare, in your opinion? hmm

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 29, 2015 11:51 am

Oh one more thing, comparing it to some random mens Armenia league for example. The comparision is superificial.

You guys are right, nobody would say anything if they put in the Armenia league.

But if the first announcement about the game which came along with a video proudly showing off the Armenia league happened...you dont think people would say "wtf is this crap, who cares?" I think they would.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SreeX Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Why isn't Career Mode improved? I only play career mode I hate online mode's because 1.it lags 2.I'm not that good. is there any chance career mode be improved?

And do you think PES CM is better than Fifa CM, I don't care about real club names or league licenses anymore. i wan't to play a more satisfying career mode. I heard PES has stadium expansion, creating a manager etc...

Last edited by SreeX on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
SreeX
SreeX
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:

Maybe to you.

Just me? Or actually is it most most peoeple? I dont know a girl on this planet that actually wants to play football games..I am sure there is a good number out there, about the same number who watch womens football? Which as implied..isnt many, it just isnt drawing great interest. Thats a fact.

Who are you fighting against here? Your telling me it shouldnt take much effort and if the games issues isnt fixed, its not because they added womens football? Are you insulting my my intellegance to tell me this? Do you think im not aware of that? As I said, It doesnt make a difference if its in or not, nobody is outraged simply because its in..they are outraged because EA are showing off thier "new feature" but arent doing the basics right.

Why are you quoting my post to go on a crusade? Did I even say it shouldnt happen? Let alone try and accuse me of having an outcry because its women?

Im sorry if you dont like what I said, but I said it how it is to me...not a single person I spoke to has said to me this is a good idea, not one..only place is on here.AGAIN that doesnt mean it shouldnt happen, its a bad idea or that they even care..simply it isnt a good idea. You realise that people can feel something isnt a good or bad idea?

You weren't outraged, but you said women's football is irrelevant and the feature was a waste of time and a distraction from the real issues by adding useless stuff like this. i think that is an incredibly unfair position to take. It didn't look like you were just explaining that's how other people think, it feels to me like you think that way as well. I am not sure how I'm insulting you for interpreting it as that because that seemed to be exactly what you were implying. It is possible to not think something is a good idea and not a bad idea at the same time, but calling something irrelevant and seemingly a waste of resources isn't the way to go about conveying not being against something.

As for the rest of the post it wasn't directed right at you, just the general attitude. Maybe I should have put the rest in a separate post.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 pm

SreeX wrote:Why isn't Career Mode improved? I only play career mode I hate online mode's because 1.it lags 2.I'm not that good. is there any chance career mode be improved?

And do you think PES CM is better than Fifa CM, I don't care about real club names or league licenses anymore. i wan't to play a more satisfying career mode. I heard PES has stadium expansion, creating a manager etc...

There is not much money for EA in working on manager mode. It will get improvements but it has always been the least worked on mode.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Lol we all know pro clubs is the least worked on mode.

There's *bleep* UT ads when you play clubs ffs Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SreeX Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:
SreeX wrote:Why isn't Career Mode improved? I only play career mode I hate online mode's because 1.it lags 2.I'm not that good. is there any chance career mode be improved?

There is not much money for EA in working on manager mode. It will get improvements but it has always been the least worked on mode.

I think I should buy PES then.I think its great idea, PES should focus on Career Mode and FIFA on Ultimate Team.
SreeX
SreeX
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Need the $ currency to drop ffs. Soon it won't be worth it dl'in from the us store.

Not paying full price for a fifa game. Never have never will.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Looked so shit lmfao

Nothing new in it.
RealGunner
RealGunner