Freeza
jibers
DeletedUser#1
chad4401
RealGunner
77 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Pep Fraudiola Denunciation Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Pep Fraudiola Denunciation Thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:36 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43674624

How frigging sad you have to be as manager to tell something like this in public?
1 day before they play man u to win the title is the perfect time to say something like that. Wink

That match is being crazily overrated. Put yourself in City's shoes. Do you even want to play this match? No your mind is somewhere else. If I am Pep I'll take my best players completely out of the squad, leave alone not starting them. So the media will lambast me for it? Sure but they have already been doing enough of it. So why not some more!!! Do we really need to care when a league that has already been won is officially won??? This is perhaps the most meaningless Manchester derby of all time. It serves only one purpose - for City to give fringe players some minutes and prove that they are good enough to sit on the bench on Tuesday.

You must take into account the fierce rivalry between the two Manchester teams though.

City have already won the title, but I don't think they would want to pass the chance of being crowned champion of England in front of their eternal crosstown rival.

I expect him to field his strongest eleven, wrap up the league against United and then turning his entire focus to Liverpool.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Fraudiola Denunciation Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Pep Fraudiola Denunciation Thread

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:38 am

Unique wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
Unique wrote:
1 day before they play man u to win the title is the perfect time to say something like that. Wink

That match is being crazily overrated. Put yourself in City's shoes. Do you even want to play this match? No your mind is somewhere else. If I am Pep I'll take my best players completely out of the squad, leave alone not starting them. So the media will lambast me for it? Sure but they have already been doing enough of it. So why not some more!!! Do we really need to care when a league that has already been won is officially won??? This is perhaps the most meaningless Manchester derby of all time. It serves only one purpose - for City to give fringe players some minutes and prove that they are good enough to sit on the bench on Tuesday.
do you really think city wont go all out to win this game. trust me city would rarther win this game than the liverpool return game.

Seriously??? Not that I am not aware of the rivalry but this still seems so meaningless considering the present circumstances.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:41 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
Unique wrote:

You must take into account the fierce rivalry between the two Manchester teams though.

City have already won the title, but I don't think they would want to pass the chance of being crowned champion of England in front of their eternal crosstown rival.

I expect him to field his strongest eleven, wrap up the league against United and then turning his entire focus to Liverpool.

If he does that won't he be tiring his best players out and significantly reduce their chances of making it to the UCL semi finals. We all know that Mourinho will not pass up an opportunity to stick it to Guardiola especially given his own frustrating season. That could mean United doing everything to win, possibly injuring City's players or at least running them ragged. At the end of the day even if City win the title and then go out to Liverpool will anyone in the media or anywhere give Pep credit? It's illogical to say the least. Yes its true that football is not always about logic but this is still hard to digest.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:54 am

Winning(walking) the league and reaching QF's of CL would be seen as a highly successful season by City's owners. Realistically even they don't think this team can challenge for CL. They are still a work in progress.

I think the Pool result won't change much just that Pep's reputation would take a slight hit.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:01 am

i'm probably on the extreme opposite end of the spectrum from a guardiola fan one has ever met, but, you guys do know city can actually turn this round. pool's defense cannot be trusted at all. and if they're pushed back early they may be forced to do even more foolish defending to see them loose. can't be trusted at all...maybe i'm just attempting a reverse jinx
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:03 am

titosantill wrote:i'm probably on the extreme opposite end of the spectrum from a guardiola fan one has ever met, but, you guys do know city can actually turn this round. pool's defense cannot be trusted at all. and if they're pushed back early they may be forced to do even more foolish defending to see them loose. can't be trusted at all...maybe i'm just attempting a reverse jinx
i agree. liverpool will need at least 1 goal maybe 2.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 pm

As much as I believe in City's comeback, it is more probable that Salah scores on a counter within 15 minutes and seals the deal. Liverpool will reach the semi-final and deservedly so. They'll give a run for money to anyone who draws them. Kloppo has done an excellent job with that squad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:54 pm

S wrote:Winning(walking) the league and reaching QF's of CL would be seen as a highly successful season by City's owners. Realistically even they don't think this team can challenge for CL. They are still a work in progress.

I think the Pool result won't change much just that Pep's reputation would take a slight hit.

Why is City a work in progress? They have spent enough to have two quality players in every position. They have completely dominated the most competitive league in the world. This is Pep's second season, not first. Players like Sergio Aguero and especially David Silva are at their very best now and can only go down due to age.

I think this was City's best ever chance. They can only go down from here. Some of the veterans will move on soon and be replaced by expensive promises. Then they really will be a work in progress.

As for City's owners, yes perhaps they will be reasonably satisfied. Winning the league with such dominance makes it City's best ever season. City have never counted in UCL and so no harm if there is one more season of the same. Overall the owners cannot really argue with Pep Guardiola. City, the billions notwithstanding, still aren't a Barca or Madrid who can pick and choose whatever they like. If Kevin De Bruyne gets a call from Barca or Madrid you can bet he will put on his running gear in no time. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:58 am

rofl
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:28 am

The collapse is almost Wenger-like Laughing

Spoiler:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:08 am

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 am

He's going to lose 4 in a row btw.

Pool - United - Pool - Spurs

still won the league relatively easy when its all said and done, but he's still a fraud IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:56 pm

I think the criticism against him today is justified to some extent but it's also way too unfair to take away his credit.

2008-09 - He built what is arguably the best ever team and he did this from a team that was going nowhere and with not too much significant investment in the transfer market. The first time he achieved perfection.

2009-10 - He to some extent destroyed his own creation. Inserting Ibrahimovic in place of Eto'o meant compromising on our mobility and team play and blooding in Busquets at the deep end when he was still maturing while sidelining the well versed Yaya Toure. Had he not made these two changes it's not unthinkable that we would have won the UCL again and quite possibly won three in a row.

2010-11 - Corrected his mistakes and showed more successful innovation. Messi as the false number 9 was a masterstroke. Later when it was overdone it started causing problems but in its very first season it worked like a charm. The second time he achieved perfection.

2011-12 - Once again destroyed perfection. The shameless pursuit of Fabregas which never brought up anyone associated with it an iota of joy. Due to that we had an imbalanced midfield in which no one could play his role properly. To add to that Pep's stubborness of playing a three man defense. Years later coaches like Antonio Conte perfected this system but at that time it just did not work and Pep was too stubborn to change it. One more change he did that I did not like is its at this time that he converted the world's best team into a one man team. In his obsession with Messi he structured the team to play through Messi moving Xavi deeper making him less effective and pushing Iniesta towards the left wing to the extent that his participation in the game was less. Once again it's not unthinkable that had we not made these unnecessary changes including above all not bought Fabregas we could have won the UCL again. The purchase of Fabregas at that time eventually also led to us losing our brightest youth prospect of those days, Thiago.

Bayern Munich - Inherited the best team in the world but insisted on making too many changes too soon. That team could be sublime at times but was usually found wanting against the best of opposition. In a nut shell I would say in three years he never managed to create a team as good as the one he had inherited.

Manchester City - Took over when the team was in the doldrums. Took a year to get things really going. After that made them play the best football in their history and won the league in very dominant fashion. Still was found wanting in Europe probably due to his insistence on over-experimentation.

Conclusion - A truly innovative coach who can create perfection but whose propensity to experiment too much hurts his team quite often.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Wenger has 3 PL titles in 76 years or so, Pep will probably have 2 in 3 years

He's made this leauge his own basically lmao
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:15 pm

Fraudiola wrote:I thought many times about that. I dropped a lot of Champions League games in 10 or 15 minutes and I think about that. Barcelona, 0-0 after 77 minutes; 90, 3-0. It's happened many times. Maybe it is my fault. I have to think about it but I feel that when you dominate and create chances you are closer to winning the games.
I think this season showed that with the numbers we have done in terms of goals and - when the team is stable - the chances we concede. I think we are the best with these type of players. We concede few. But it is impossible when the opponents arrive four times and score three goals. No system can sustain that. It's so complicated.

I have to be happy. I like to watch my team, the way we play this season and the way we played in the first half but when you play against Liverpool or in Europe, when you have that momentum you have to close the door. And we didn't close it.

When Real Madrid and Barcelona are always there it's because they have players up front who, when they have half-chances, score two goals.

That last sentence, when he has one of the best stirkers in the world Agüero warming the bench :facepalm:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Guardiola is only second to Mourinho when it comes to throwing his own players under the bus.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:05 am

has he ever lost 4 in a row in his entire career? VERY possible with Spurs away his next game, losing to 3 Brexit teams ffs Proud

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:40 am

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Show some respect for the almost 5 trebles he won ffs

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 am

Luca wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Show some respect for the almost 5 trebles he won ffs
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 am

Its the CL where Manager shows his character , strength and tactics. Pep for sure ain't delivering in CL at the moment. He will however scare with the team he has build next year for sure.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:11 am

Once a fraud, always a fraud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 am

fraud
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 am

Will spend at least 200m more in the summer to overcome his poverty management skills
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:22 am

Pep will win this one , dont worry,

zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next