titosantill
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Gil
zizzle
Mr Nick09
17 posters

Go down

Man City finally ready to get rid of Yaya Toure Empty Man City finally ready to get rid of Yaya Toure

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:21 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/19/manchester-city-sell-yaya-toure-clearout-youth

finally ready to sell bug yaya, probably will go to psg if they cant sign Pogba.

the biggest reason they have been so shit in europe in the past few years, their midfield never had any chance to do something good with him around

Still a good player, just used in the wrong position at City
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Man City finally ready to get rid of Yaya Toure Empty Re: Man City finally ready to get rid of Yaya Toure

Post by zizzle Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Donno if Inter can affors him but he can be really useful in our team
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Man City finally ready to get rid of Yaya Toure Empty Re: Man City finally ready to get rid of Yaya Toure

Post by Gil Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:51 pm

How is Silva misused? Fraud consistently gets exposed in Europe. Slow, weak, doesn't score and his assist numbers have been dwindling with each passing season. He isn't a threat whatsoever.

They won't get Pogba so I'll be happy with this move. Yaya is their best player.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:51 pm

He had a tremendous season last season, 20 goals from midfield in a PL season is just an outrageous number. But his other contribution is average, so if he isn't putting up big numbers in attack, you're going to be left wanting something more from him.

I also think he has whatsoever no hunger for success left in him. There is no disappointment in his reactions if City lose. When they recently lost at Anfield and suffered a big set back in their title challenge, he was all smiles, hugs and high fives immediately after the final whistle. If you haven't got top motivation, you're going to fall off the pace of the players who have got it.

The thing is he's got two years left in his contract and I don't know why any club would match his City wages to get a declining star in their team.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:53 pm

He's their best player outside of Aguero, just look at how shite they were without him during AFCON. I know it's become popular to bash Toure and his defense ( which is shit tbf) but there's a lot bigger problems than Toure at that football club.

All i can say is be careful what you wish for.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's their best player outside of Aguero, just look at how shite they were without him during AFCON. I know it's become popular to bash Toure and his defense ( which is shit tbf) but there's a lot bigger problems than Toure at that football club.

He's been back for a month and they continue to be shit. Toure doesn't make City play good. He's by no means a problem for them, but he's not a miracle maker, either. And the thing is that they need him to be a miracle maker, along with Silva that's his role. Nasri and Navas sort of, too, but we already now they're not good enough.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Not as bad as they were, besides for the large majority of time he does. Heck of a lot more than Silva and Nasri do anyway.

It isn't just his goals anyway, it's his playmaking and passing ability as well as the ability to drive which make him special. Their midfield apart from he and Silva ( who doesn't get enough criticism for his play) is absolutely crap and the defense in general is rubbish.

If they think getting rid of Toure is going to help them they are in for a rude awakening, Pogba wouldn't do anything to improve them anyway their problems far exceed that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:13 pm

he may be a problem, but he's not THE problem. a lot of their players shrink in europe, not just yaya...hell even aguero, how many times has he stood out in these meetings, same goes for silva....i don't think selling yaya is key unless they have someone better to replace him with, and i doubt they'll get pogba. their team has more problems in continental football than yaya toure
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 pm

very short sighted to attribute all City's problems to Yaya. This team needs many changes in many different departments
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:37 pm

All the problems of city are not down to yaya, of course not. City just never knew how to use him in Europe so they never could move forward. As i said, im pretty sure that if you put him in PSG's midfield, with the possession style they have, he will kill some team in CL.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

True, and that is a very important reminder for a lot of situations.

For example, Arsenal fans who want Wenger out should take notice too, they only need to look at what happened with Newcastle after fans got their wish there :coffee: .
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Honestly seeing him gone in the summer will make me so happy.

If Yaya had 25% of the heart Verratti showed against Chelsea, City wouldn't go trophyless this season. And after that Cake-gate BS last summer good riddance.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Yaya is one of their best players and still one of the best attacking CMs in the world, if not the best. The problem is that City refuse to acknowledge that he CANNOT defend and still give him significant defensive duties. He's a AM now ffs.

Yaya is the one being misused.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

True, and that is a very important reminder for a lot of situations.

For example, Arsenal fans who want Wenger out should take notice too, they only need to look at what happened with Newcastle after fans got their wish there :coffee: .

I'm very happy i don't know what you are on about hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Cake-gate Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:17 pm

And here I thought it was a thread on Pellegrini.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:And here I thought it was a thread on Pellegrini.

I thought it was a thread about Kompany Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Come home legend.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:52 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's their best player outside of Aguero, just look at how shite they were without him during AFCON. I know it's become popular to bash Toure and his defense ( which is shit tbf) but there's a lot bigger problems than Toure at that football club.

this. somehow the guy is hatred a lot.....i agree i would not like my player showing around a happy face after a loss, but thts all about it.
If you talk about putting your heart on the pitch during a game, i would say almost all city players lack it. look at their game vs us. they needed 2 goals and an early goal could have put us on pressure. but they did not look like playing that way. there was no drive or motivation for that important early goal...
i think they just cant consider themselves a big team yet in Europe

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:39 am

Yaya is an amazing player still to this day but man city and their midfield are just so ridiculously unbalanced. They'd be better off moving on from him and totally retooling their midfield. And I mean it's not like they can't do that. They have enough money to get whoever they want really so they'll probably end up better
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:36 am

City's 2 greatest results this season - 3-2 vs Bayern and the win in Rome came with Yaya suspended. hmm
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down