Hapless_Hans
zigra
rwo power
Collblanc
Football Enthusiast
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Die Mannschaft aim to dominate the world football for the next decade - Page 2 Empty Re: Die Mannschaft aim to dominate the world football for the next decade

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Well, in news tickers I have often enough seen "DFB-Elf" or even "DFB-Team". I guess the media people went for brevity there.

I most likely say "Nationalelf" or "Nationalmannschaft", if I don't say "unsere Jungs" ("our boys"), but then, I'm not from Bavaria. ^^

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Die Mannschaft aim to dominate the world football for the next decade - Page 2 Empty Re: Die Mannschaft aim to dominate the world football for the next decade

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:50 pm

When I adress them directly towards the screen I usually call them "Pfeifen", "Deppen" or "Idioten".
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:59 pm

rofl
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Football Enthusiast Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:42 am

@BarrileteCosmico, @rwo power, @Hapless_Hans, @BAYERN_MUNICH

Thanks to you people for the enlightenment about your respective NT's nicknames.
Football Enthusiast
Football Enthusiast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 am

You're welcome. Smile

I need to note that neither "DFB-team", "DFB-Elf", "Nationalmannschaft" or "Nationalelf" etc. are really "nicknames". They are just normal descriptive terms for our NT. I guess we are just boring like that XD

As a matter of fact, there have been attempts to find a nickname in the past (stuff like "Eagles" due to the eagle on the German logo), but it never worked as it just doesn't sound natural and nobody here actually used it.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:33 am

rwo power wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:We are not in fact called "Die Mannschaft" in real life.
Unfortunately there is this stupid movie "Die Mannschaft" which was made last year after the World Cup that makes it appear so nonetheless :facepalm:

People, if you want to be hipsters, please say "DFB-Team", "DFB-Elf" or "Nationalelf" or even "Nationalmannschaft", but not just "Mannschaft".

"Mannschaft" really sounds more like the crew of a ship or an airplane in German ears.

Yep, the Norwegian equivalent of mannschaft is "mannskap", which refers to any group of people that works under a commander - most commonly used when referring to the crew/staff on a ship.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:49 am

Fss, I hope our Die Mannschaft reaches this goal. I really like Die Mannschaft. Okay, Löw is a bit of a clown but Die Mannschaft comes first.

hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Football Enthusiast Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:54 am

No disrespect towards German NT but I really hope that Argentina NT will regain it's lost glory and once again they will earn the respect of football world. Go Argentina!!
Football Enthusiast
Football Enthusiast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:24 am

Well, if Pep leaves Bayern for an English team, say Arsenal or United, will that make England a contender for next WC? hmm

junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 am

junkyard wrote:Well, if Pep leaves Bayern for an English team, say Arsenal or United, will that make England a contender for next WC? hmm

Wouldn't Pep going to Arsenal make France a contender for the next WC? hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 am

Spain will win the next WC.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 am

El Gunner wrote:Spain will win the next WC.

No Xavi, no party. Pls go.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:35 am

Fußball wrote:
junkyard wrote:Well, if Pep leaves Bayern for an English team, say Arsenal or United, will that make England a contender for next WC? hmm

Arsenal is no more a french team. Cool

Chambers, Gibbs, Wilshere, Oxlade-chamberlane, Welback---dat English backbone playing under Pep. :bow:
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:37 am

junkyard wrote:
Fußball wrote:

Chambers, Gibbs, Wilshere, Oxlade-chamberlane, Welback---dat English backbone playing under Pep. :bow:

nah ah, Pep to revive Flamini's career.
Gonna turn Sanogo into prime Raul :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:38 am

Fußball wrote:

Koke and Isco can easily replace him. hmm
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 am

El Gunner wrote:
junkyard wrote:
Fußball wrote:

nah ah, Pep to revive Flamini's career.
Gonna turn Sanogo into prime Raul :bow:

Or next Bojan? :brickwall:
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:40 am

junkyard wrote:
Fußball wrote:

reported

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:41 am

Fußball wrote:
junkyard wrote:
Fußball wrote:

reported

:whistle:
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Fußball wrote:Fss, I hope our Die Mannschaft reaches this goal. I really like Die Mannschaft. Okay, Löw is a bit of a clown but Die Mannschaft comes first.

hmm

How did it feel to write that?

As for Löw's interview, whatever he says it's clear to me Germany won't 'dominate' anything, let alone for a decade.

We didn't 'dominate' the WC, we just deservedly won it.
As others have said, it usually takes a certain spine of experienced top players for a team to win a big trophy, that spine was Pepcelona + Real for Spain, and it was Bayern + Kloppmund for Germany now.
With Lahm out and Schweini out after '16, two pillars will be gone, and who knows how the team will look in '18.

Surely we'll still have a great team, and I'd say we'll probably be among the contenders at least for the Euro '16, although then again we're not having a good quali so far hmm

Maybe the new assistant manager is a step down, and I was underestimating Hansi Flick all that time. hmm

In any case, Löw is now irrevocably full of himself and I have to laugh when I imagine him striving for decade long world domination.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:31 pm

junkyard wrote:
Fußball wrote:

Not a chance lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2