PSG slips out of the TOP 3, blanc nearing the sack ?

+19
Valkyrja
Red Alert
Forza
B-Mac
Mr Nick09
Dante
sportsczy
M99
Ganso
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
BarrileteCosmico
halamadrid2
futbol
Hapless_Hans
DeviAngel
Robespierre
Art Morte
farfan
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PSG slips out of the TOP 3, blanc nearing the sack ? - Page 2 Empty Re: PSG slips out of the TOP 3, blanc nearing the sack ?

Post by Dante Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:He is a mentally weak CB, never seen a player crying so much in my life.

i mean, you can laugh all you can about Ramos but he is fearless. He will miss a PK in CL semis with madrid, and the next one he scores in competition is a panenka.

Anyway, Thiago is still very very good, he is just having a bad year, and playing with that donkey Luiz is very demanding.

Marquinhos has been the best and most consistent defender for PSG all season but he is benched.

Well, Thiago demanded that PSG sign Luiz so, well served i guess Laughing

the last part Laughing

though , what do you mean crying so much ?? Does he go about crying every now and then this season or what Laughing

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

PSG slips out of the TOP 3, blanc nearing the sack ? - Page 2 Empty Re: PSG slips out of the TOP 3, blanc nearing the sack ?

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 pm

he might be weak mentally, but that was never a problem at club level.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:18 am

I think that Silva is still a great defender. The point to make about defending is that 1 good player cannot compensate for 3 bad ones. A team defends as a unit. How many goals have come from Silva's individual errors as opposed to the whole back 4 being exposed or not communicating properly? Honestly, I feel bad for anyone who has to defend alongside David Luiz.

Edit: Also, Blanc as a coach is boring as hell. I saw 1 interesting PSG game during his tenure when they beat Barcelona, but I think that several players really rose to the occasion to accomplish that and Barca wasn't in particularly good shape at the time either.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:13 am

Silva is at a stage where some players start losing their highest motivation. What has he got to aim for? He's 30, he's got three years left in a dream contract, he's at a big club. I have no idea if lack of motivation is the reason Silva isn't doing as good as he used to, just putting it out there that motivation wise it's a different thing to be in your twenties and playing for a mid-table club, hoping to do well and land a fat contract at a bit club, than to be in Silva's situation.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:48 am

Actually, PSG under Blanc was gorgeous last season...  looked like prime Barca for long stretches.  They only slowed down late in the season when Ibra started having injury issues and couldn't play.  He plays the false 9 role to perfection and there isn't anyone remotely close to him... couldn't compensate.

This year... Silva is the main issue.  Imo, Luiz has been better (which isn't saying much) because Maxwell is average and he covers for him pretty well while Silva has VDW who has become a good fullback.  Big reason that PSG looked so good last year was that Silva would read plays and the CB line could play very high as a result...  he would snuff out plays before they got going.  This year, as soon as the ball is lost, he's running towards his keeper.  He's completely scared to make the mistake.  The result is that the defensive line is very very low and the midfielders have to run back too... so the forwards are isolated when the ball is won back.  Silva is messing up the line gaps all by himself lol.  He's also become very conservative with the ball at his feet, which was one of his huge strengths.

You can't blame age because a CB's peak years are 28-32.  he should be right in the middle of his prime.  The problems are all in his head.

I have no idea why he's till team captain either as it's clearly Ibra (who is playing hurt) and Silva isn't leading anything.

Also, because the gaps are larger, Motta is being exposed.  He can't cover a lot of real estate.  The only player that doesn't have much of a problem is Matuidi because he's athletic enough to cover any ground.  i won't even mention those unprofessional prim donas in Lavezzi and Cavani.

The positives are Marquinhos, Lucas and Pastore.  They've all been playing well and have stepped up.  I think Rabiot is going to step up soon too now that his contract is resolved and he's back on the firs team.  Verratti will get it going too.  But i don't think Silva-Luiz-Motta in the middle of the pitch defensively is going to work... ever Laughing  That needs to be blown up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:53 am

Art Morte wrote:Brendan Rodgers Proud
!!!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:53 am

sportsczy wrote:Bastia is not exactly an easy place to play though...  the fans are psychotic literally, the pitch poor and Bastia typically does very well at home.  In fact, they won 4, drawn 4 and only lost twice at home this season.  They'd already drawn both OM and Lyon... Monaco is the only one who punished them 3-1.

That said, PSG has issues and they're defensive.  Luiz/Silva drop very very low then the opposition gets the ball almost immediately as opposed to staying closer to their midfield....  and the midfielders, who are the natural attacking type, don't read that very quickly. So there's a big gap to take advantage of on counter attacks.

Silva's fall has been spectacular.  He's not even a top CB in Ligue 1 anymore let alone the rest Laughing

but he is better than Varane
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:55 am

sportsczy wrote:Actually, PSG under Blanc was gorgeous last season...  looked like prime Barca for long stretches.  They only slowed down late in the season when Ibra started having injury issues and couldn't play.  He plays the false 9 role to perfection and there isn't anyone remotely close to him... couldn't compensate.

This year... Silva is the main issue.  Imo, Luiz has been better (which isn't saying much) because Maxwell is average and he covers for him pretty well while Silva has VDW who has become a good fullback.  Big reason that PSG looked so good last year was that Silva would read plays and the CB line could play very high as a result...  he would snuff out plays before they got going.  This year, as soon as the ball is lost, he's running towards his keeper.  He's completely scared to make the mistake.  The result is that the defensive line is very very low and the midfielders have to run back too... so the forwards are isolated when the ball is won back.  Silva is messing up the line gaps all by himself lol.  He's also become very conservative with the ball at his feet, which was one of his huge strengths.

You can't blame age because a CB's peak years are 28-32.  he should be right in the middle of his prime.  The problems are all in his head.

I have no idea why he's till team captain either as it's clearly Ibra (who is playing hurt) and Silva isn't leading anything.

Also, because the gaps are larger, Motta is being exposed.  He can't cover a lot of real estate.  The only player that doesn't have much of a problem is Matuidi because he's athletic enough to cover any ground.  i won't even mention those unprofessional prim donas in Lavezzi and Cavani.

The positives are Marquinhos, Lucas and Pastore.  They've all been playing well and have stepped up.  I think Rabiot is going to step up soon too now that his contract is resolved and he's back on the firs team.  Verratti will get it going too.  But i don't think Silva-Luiz-Motta in the middle of the pitch defensively is going to work... ever Laughing  That needs to be blown up.

Players peak differently. His best season was 10/11. After that I think he lost some of his physical abilities.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:19 pm

https://vine.co/v/Op9aViFiJ0Y

Wow :bow:

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Who do you think should/will become PSG coach farfan?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Who do you think should/will become PSG coach farfan?

if i were PSG , i'd try to get Girard or Galtier next summer .

but with PSG's fat checkbook , it's hard to predict what they might do . they could end up luring a Simeone ,a Benitez or even a Klopp .
wenger might be a good choice too .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:59 pm

girard or saltier would get chewed up by the locker room. they need a big name that knows how to handle all those international players and can deal with Nasser
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 pm

I think it'll be Benitez if he quits Napoli. Wenger is a good call for youth.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Simeone is the one that's going to come... or Conte is Simeone says no. But there's some really hard rumors that PSG are going to pay bank for Simeone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:02 am

sportsczy wrote:Simeone is the one that's going to come... or Conte is Simeone says no. But there's some really hard rumors that PSG are going to pay bank for Simeone.
You mean now or in the summer?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:30 am

sportsczy wrote:Simeone is the one that's going to come... or Conte is Simeone says no. But there's some really hard rumors that PSG are going to pay bank for Simeone.
What makes you think Simeone would leave Atleti for PSG? He loves the club.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:25 am

I wouldn't be so sure. Yes, he's a club legend and has been doing wonders, but he might do a Pep leave because he can't motivate the players anymore. Afterall it's his fourth season there and he really pushed them to the limits and it's hard to improve anymore.
It is plausible, but can't see it happening before the end of the season.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
He's taking English and French lessons... not sure why he'd need that in Spain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Blanc is already out. He lasted longer than expected. kudos to him.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Source? I Googled this and not a single Spanish source showed up, or any source really.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote: What makes you think Simeone would leave Atleti for PSG? He loves the club.
Source? I Googled this and not a single Spanish source showed up, or any source really.

http://www.buzzsport.fr/buzz/foot/mercato/mercato-un-nouveau-coup-dur-pour-le-psg-3141

according to this , Simeone is learning english and Reus spanish.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Luis Fernandez on his show "Luis Attaque" said he spoke to Griezmann recently... and Griezmann mentioned that he was helping Simeone learn French as his coach was taking lessons. Also mentioned the English lessons on that interview.

Reus learning Spanish was reported in AS or Marca... don't remember which and i don't know what source they were using.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:40 pm

the source was BILD lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Luis Fernandez on his show "Luis Attaque" said he spoke to Griezmann recently... and Griezmann mentioned that he was helping Simeone learn French as his coach was taking lessons. Also mentioned the English lessons on that interview.
Eh seems kinda shady to me. If this were true why was it not picked up by major newspapers?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 pm

http://www.tf1.fr/telefoot/news-football/atletico-madrid-simeone-j-aime-beaucoup-pogba-8526421.html

Telefoot had a direct interview with Simeone (TF1) in late November.

Regarding PSG...

Simeone:  "I'm a spontaneous person and i don't see myself at any club for 10 years.  Nobody has spoken to me yet (referring to PSG).  I read the rumor in the media.  I am sure that doors will be opened in the future."

In France, it's widely reported that Conte and Simeone are the top targets...  and neither has closed the door when asked directly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2