+4
iftikhar
Nishankly
Fahim89
nj
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

16 July | Malaysia XI vs Liverpool | 10:45 BST | Pre Season Friendly II - Page 3 Empty Re: 16 July | Malaysia XI vs Liverpool | 10:45 BST | Pre Season Friendly II

Post by Red Alert Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:45

Acquilani? New signing? Wink

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

16 July | Malaysia XI vs Liverpool | 10:45 BST | Pre Season Friendly II - Page 3 Empty Re: 16 July | Malaysia XI vs Liverpool | 10:45 BST | Pre Season Friendly II

Post by Fahim89 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:51

well i am still hungover from his kick from the Half line . .plus his passes . .my MOTM! ! AQUAMAN!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:55

Fahim89 wrote:my MOTM! ! AQUAMAN!
i thing we all will agree with this tbh
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 14:02

nj wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:my MOTM! ! AQUAMAN!
i thing we all will agree with this tbh

haha yep very obvious that . . but really that guy was good to watch in a sort of a dismal display . .

i mean the defense made me want to bang my head in the wall . .what was Soto doing in Malaysia?? Sightseeing? Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 16 Jul 2011, 15:04

Nice to hear some players put in strong performances...

...but the opponent was some Malaysian players, no disrespect. Wouldn't get too carried away with these games, pretty much the same as watching a training session, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 16 Jul 2011, 15:05

Impressed with Shelvey. Good game from him :!:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat 16 Jul 2011, 15:11

anyone else a little concerned by Andy's poor touch, the way he looks even slower than usual and him being off-pace? (today and vs Guandong despite his goal & assist)

i know its only pre-season, but it has to be said.
=we spent 35mil on him, and he will have to act like it at some point, hopefully when the real season begins he will have improved his play and gel better with the others team mates, and becomes the monster hes supposed to be
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 16 Jul 2011, 15:23

nj wrote:anyone else a little concerned by Andy's poor touch, the way he looks even slower than usual and him being off-pace? (today and vs Guandong despite his goal & assist)

i know its only pre-season, but it has to be said.
=we spent 35mil on him, and he will have to act like it at some point, hopefully when the real season begins he will have improved his play and gel better with the others team mates, and becomes the monster hes supposed to be

Well, Andy is our biggest question mark still, don't you guys think?
He made only six appearances for us last season, I don't feel like I've got any idea of how good or bad he can be for us. I think we, the fans, are generally speaking quietly confident that he will be of LFC first-choice-striker quality, but the fact is that that has not been proven yet.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:34

It's preseason ffs. Voronin always looked wOrld class in preseasons while Torres couldn't score a goal tO save his life....people read way too much in those games ( positive or negative)

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:41

Sepi wrote:It's preseason ffs. Voronin always looked wOrld class in preseasons while Torres couldn't score a goal tO save his life....people read way too much in those games ( positive or negative)
i knew someone would have said that : ) (even i mentionned it right above)

my only wish is that Andy proves me that theres no need to be concerned, and shows me that indeed its because "its only preseason".

Last edited by nj on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:44; edited 2 times in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:43

He is not worth 35 million.
He is a not a regular starter in my eyes yet. A squad player atmost.
He has time to prove me wrong.
He can do it.

Btw Kelly had an awful game.\

EDIT- Even Wilson was poor.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:59

How can he prove it to you in a ore season game though? Whole point of these games is to get sharper, get rid of the rustiness and build undrstansings. If we got by these 2 games, Agger is a pub player n Kelly should go to Rochdale. The whole team was too narrow and deep first half. Second half team was better cuz Aqua raised the tempo n Insua always supported the attack. and it's not his fault that he is bought for a certain amount. People in charge hav made that decision n now they are trying their best to get him service and fitness. Let's judge in a few months. Not only for AC, but all the new signings. Those lads are already under shedload of pressure from the media, it'd be nice if we are more supportive of them and fun add to the pressure they are suffering

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:01

Sepi wrote:How can he prove it to you in a ore season game though? Whole point of these games is to get sharper, get rid of the rustiness and build undrstansings. If we got by these 2 games, Agger is a pub player n Kelly should go to Rochdale. The whole team was too narrow and deep first half. Second half team was better cuz Aqua raised the tempo n Insua always supported the attack. and it's not his fault that he is bought for a certain amount. People in charge hav made that decision n now they are trying their best to get him service and fitness. Let's judge in a few months. Not only for AC, but all the new signings. Those lads are already under shedload of pressure from the media, it'd be nice if we are more supportive of them and fun add to the pressure they are suffering

tbh Carroll hasn't done anything to impress me other than the Mancity game and prove his 35 million tag.
2 goals in 8 games is not WC.

Im not saying he is crap or anything .. But at the moment i see him just one step above where Torres or Dzeko are standing now.

Edit -around 9 games

Last edited by Nishank on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:05; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:03

11 games 2 goals? He only played like 7 last season. scratch

And Wilson had a decent game.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:12

He had 2 goals in 6 starts. N he was never fully fit. Remember Torres at his best when coming back from injuries? ( still took him 2-3 games to get bak to his best). There is 28 days left until first week of PL. Plenty of time for players to get fit, work on their weaknesses n build understanding ahead of Sunderland clash. Dun underestimate the effect of humidity in the far east either. Game vs Hull in a week, I predict a much fitter performance from all the players

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:23

Sepi wrote:He had 2 goals in 6 starts. N he was never fully fit. Remember Torres at his best when coming back from injuries? ( still took him 2-3 games to get bak to his best). There is 28 days left until first week of PL. Plenty of time for players to get fit, work on their weaknesses n build understanding ahead of Sunderland clash. Dun underestimate the effect of humidity in the far east either. Game vs Hull in a week, I predict a much fitter performance from all the players

I don't doubt Carroll's potential and I play every day in this humidity that you are talking about. ^^
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:38

It's fine to remain unconvinced on Carroll's quality, but let's not judge him one way or the other before, say, New Year.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:51

Art Morte wrote:It's fine to remain unconvinced on Carroll's quality, but let's not judge him one way or the other before, say, New Year.
yup
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3