Massacres in today's world

5 posters

Go down

Massacres in today's world Empty Massacres in today's world

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 pm

I still don't understand... and i cannot accept... that world governments and organizations stand idle while thousands of people get massacred as part of either religion, gender or ethnic cleansing campaigns without blinking. It's overt... not even covert.

For those who say that it's not their responsibility... humanity is everyone's responsibility. There are lines that nobody should be allowed to cross.

Seems like history taught us very little despite "progress".
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Massacres in today's world Empty Re: Massacres in today's world

Post by izzy Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:17 pm

What do you expect?

We're a society that is governed by the past. Instead of trying to start a fresh, build new ways, ideals etc...... we live off the past and build upon their failures.........

..............and the failures of the past, we simply see them as people who are not as smart as us today.

Sad really.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Let's talk about North Korea . What do you have to say abou North Korea Sportsczy ? What can themselves do ? What can foreigners do ? What can anybody do so they could live , basically free?

Common people can only raise their voice . Then again , most common people have their own to deal with . Organizations could also raise awareness . Having said that , practicaly help North Koreans ? I really dont think so . Tyrants never change .

So.. what can be done . I am with you , everyone should be more active against any crime against humanity . I put forth North Korea and all the attrocities and crimes that go on there . Human rights are alien there .

But i ask , since you bring this up , how can we stand and watch. Do you have a solution ? Because if there was one , someone would have taken it. It seems there are just two choices . Either outsiders intervene and practicaly there will be war , or we just expose them for what they are and the people of North Korea continue to suffer .

I am far , very far from an expert and i am not even half aware of the history , events , social background e.t.c , civil war , everything that leads to today . But even a glimpse of the situation seems enough to make a somewhat safe conclusion ; it's not that 'we' just stand and watch . It's what we should and shouldn't do and that's never easy to decide , never mention who decides what.

I hate what's happening there , but it's complicated , much more complicated than history taught us very little . I see what you mean there and tbh i agree.. but history taught us everything we need to know and people with other interests than your own and mine , also learned from history . So , how does anyone puts a stop to the crimes that plague North Korea ? Is there anything we can do , other than choose from worse scenarios ?

Because if history taught us anything as you say , tyrants never willingly leave power . So.. War? Is that the answer? No? So , expose them? Too many have. Nothing will ever change for the people of north korea and the crimes against humanity will go on. So , two possible tough decisions to be made and we still do not know who should make the decisions , why and after all it's being said and done , if it's really their job afterall.

I don't know if i make any sense whatsoever and if i don't pls forgive me . I am trying to point out , what i believe to be a simple fact , that it's not governments and organizations 'stand and watch' .. things are quite a lot more complicated than that . We've seen it what happens when others intervene , for either good or bad reasons . The great shame is those who pay the ultimate price are the people of North Korea and much worse , those who suffer day by day from the dictatorship there.

I dare say , if anyone ever deserved some 'democracy' from America , it would be Kim's rule... and almost instantly i think to myself ; how many innocents would pay with their deaths this way as well ? Were it would actually lead if this begun? What if Kim actually did something really , really crazy , like bomb people elsewhere who never had a say in this? What if he dragged others into this . Would a leader's sense of humanity , or a group of such leaders , pay back twice in misery afterall , for their involvement? WHO is willing to take such decisions ,for another nation's best interest , with almost nothing to gain for and certainly only to lose too much in the process ? You basically(hypothetical 'you') ask for heroes .

Could you , who 'accuse' governments and organizations of sitting idle . Would you act and face the consequences ? I know i couldn't take such decisions and that's why i will never be leader (well , not just because of that Laughing) . I may be wrong and i sincerely hope that i am , but i see no other way of putting an end to what the Kim family is doing there in North Korea. Only with war it will stop. Is it the right decision though ? War , is never right , unless you are to protect your own lands. And guess what Kim would do . Rightly so , he would defend his land.

Can we change his mind , in any way ? no
Will he and his entire rule pay for their crimes ? no
Will the innocent people continue to suffer without foreign intervention ? yes
Is war the answer ?

Decide this , if you want to put an end to their suffering . And pay the price later , cause you will be taking too many lives on your neck , whether the answer is yes , or no . Yes there will be war and too many will die , no , the people of North Korea will continue to suffer till the end of their days .

Choose. Because imo , nothing else is going to happen there . Not revolution , not anything . It's either someone intervenes and there's war , or 'we stand and watch' exactly like it is now. Many care Sportsczy i do believe that , but who can act . Who can really , trully change things for the better and with what means ?

I believe all of this come into play , before bewilderment of why things stay like that . And i am quite certain , i haven't even scratched the surface with what i said.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Related I guess.

Boko Haram have just killed 2,000 people in Nigeria. Obviously it didn't get near as much coverage because it didn't involve any western countries, but that's absolutely horrific. 2000 people.

----------------

Hundreds of bodies – too many to count – remain strewn in the bush in Nigeria from an Islamic extremist attack that Amnesty International described as the “deadliest massacre” in the history of Boko Haram.

Fighting continued on Friday around Baga, a town on the border with Chad where insurgents seized a key military base on 3 January and attacked again on Wednesday.

“Security forces have responded rapidly, and have deployed significant military assets and conducted air strikes against militant targets,” said a government spokesman.

District head Baba Abba Hassan said most victims are children, women and elderly people who could not run fast enough when insurgents drove into Baga, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles on town residents.

-------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ProXima Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:I still don't understand... and i cannot accept...  that world governments and organizations stand idle while thousands of people get massacred as part of either religion, gender or ethnic cleansing campaigns without blinking.  It's overt... not even covert.

Who killing because of this reasons in today world except muslims or primitive tribes? In the war the most important is richness/raw materials (USA in Iraq or Afghanistan) now, not this things. It's not end of history, wars always will be part of life and no one can change it.

ProXima
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down