Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to?

+19
Winter is Coming
Kick
McAgger
Robespierre
Arquitecto
farfan
Dante
fatman123
Collblanc
El Gunner
dostoevsky
CBarca
neuro11
futbol
Casciavit
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Donuts
windkick
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where should Barca move to if kicked out of La Liga?

Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap18%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap29%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap6%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap18%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap24%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap0%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_lcap5%Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Empty Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to?

Post by windkick Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:36 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/la-liga-could-axe-catalan-clubs-if-region-suceeds-in-independence-push-barcelona-espanyol-100714

Ridiculous if true.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Empty Re: Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to?

Post by Donuts Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:38 pm

wont happen, the idiot knows if barca leaves the league itself will just turn into a lower quality version of the germans league.
but if it happens hope we go to france xD would be interesting
messi will be able to set records in another league without leaving barca :wub:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to? Empty Re: Spain threatens to kick out Barca from La Liga if Catalonia votes to secede. Where would you rather see Barca move to?

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:46 pm

I still like the idea of Portugal, but I mean geographically it doesnt make sense as Barcelona is much closer to France.

In football terms, I guess France but I personally would favour a Catalan league.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:08 am

Which players would want to join a club that plays in a league where only 1 club is known? Who do we test ourselves in preparation for the CL?

I personally like Italy best, but I'm biased.

Portugal could work but the league quality is meh, same with Ligue 1.

But let's be honest, who here does not salivate at the thought of Messi in a cold rainy night at Stoke?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 am

Come to Serie A, so maybe we can co-own some of your young talents Proud Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:27 am

Juve have the refs more their control just as much as Madrid. No thanks.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:39 am

Catalunya won't get independant though. hmm

In theory however France wouldn't be that bad. PSG as the big sugar daddy rival (not quite Mehdrid level but still better than no real rival in Portugal for sure), some respectable teams like Marseille and Lyon who would be the equivalent of Valencia and Sevilla and a bunch of physical, bus parking, defensive lower table teams. DAT La Liga feeling. Proud

Casciavit wrote:Come to Serie A, so maybe we can co-own some of your young talents Proud Proud

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:52 am

I'm kinda trying to figure out the thought process behind this statement

"Maybe if we threaten them they'll think twice about staying in a country that treats them as they would a foreign colony"?

If I were Catalan this would make me want to leave even more.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:42 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Which players would want to join a club that plays in a league where only 1 club is known? Who do we test ourselves in preparation for the CL?

This...dont see any point of creating a lollypop league. I would prefer to join France as their league are getting better and attracting good players(because of money though)

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:44 am

yeah and they are closer to us, so our away matches wont be such a hassle in terms of travelling.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:27 am

Well Ligue 1 seems to be on the rise (money injections ftw) and it's not really a bad league. I would prefer Serie A, but geographically France would make the most sense and it would be better than being in a league with 1 relevant team (Catalan League) and a league that Barca would win year in year out without much competition (Portugal).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:28 am

Come to Italy.

Dem coefficient points. Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:29 am

but if we leave la liga atletico madrid would just ruin the league making it a one horse race
:coffee:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:19 am

Reading the above posts, you folks are obviously afraid of the ultimate league.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:19 am

what is the status? i mean are most Catalans really in favor of independence? do you all think this is going to be likely (independence)??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:21 am

i would personally would love to see Barcelona at Serie A. would be so much fun and could change italian football

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 am

Madrid does not allow a referendum. The independence wont happen.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:38 am

El Gunner wrote:Reading the above posts, you folks are obviously afraid of the ultimate league.

Mou's face if Barcelona arrived to chase him out of his playground. rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:54 am

dostoevsky wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Reading the above posts, you folks are obviously afraid of the ultimate league.

Mou's face if Barcelona arrived to chase him out of his playground. rofl

Pls, Mou will be ready for this :coffee:

OT: pls dont come to the PL
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:10 pm

i am ignorant about Catalonia and why they struggle all these years for independence , i admit this straight away . I don't know their issues with the rest of Spain or why they believe they should be independent, i never did a proper research on the matter , it always seemed very distant to me . I always saw them as part of Spain despite whatever differences there may be , even in language. There are countless examples of differentations in language in different corners of a country , that hardly seems to be a reason for independence . That can hardly be the main or sole reason though. I can understand that ethics , history of the land , geographical position , struggles with neighbours , different inclanations in culture , all of these must surely be a part of their cause , however , the same stands literaly all over Europe. What makes Catalonia different or worthy(not sure about the word here) of independence?

Regardless of all that , my ignorance on the matter included , i have to say that if Barcelona ever left La Liga , it would do the club imesurable damage , on every front . Similarly i view Catalonia's independence , that it would do more harm than good to the people , even though my opinion on this holds no weight since i am clueless about the case. Anyhow with regards to Barcelona , IF Barcelona ever left La Liga this way or another , i suppose the right thing to do would be to stick to their roots , which they always seem to be proud of , the same roots they claim different from the rest of Spain and want independence for.

Barca signing up to any other league , would be a mockery of both of their claims and of Barcelona's rich history. You can't wake up in the morning finally being independendent from Spain and at night travel to a whole different country to play football , just because it would be better for the club , or because the current Calanonian league is poor for the standards of Barcelona . It's deeply hypocritical and wrong, imo. They want independence ? They want to fight for it? Stick to it then and suffer whatever consequences there may arise . Having said all that , i do not believe for one second Barcelona will leave La Liga , this way or the other. And if they ever left La Liga , i may be clueless on the matter but i do believe they take their independence cause very seriously , i think the only league that Barcelona would sign up would be the Catalonian league. Anything else and they would just mock their people .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:35 pm

You might be intrested in this Dante, when you get some time.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:49 pm

What makes Catalonia different or worthy(not sure about the word here) of independence?

maybe the fact that it was once a sovereign nation that got forcibly annexed by spain ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:25 pm

JespSwe wrote:what is the status? i mean are most Catalans really in favor of independence? do you all think this is going to be likely (independence)??

Not very likely. It would require changes in the Spanish constitution.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Would be pretty awesome if the Basque broke out as well, and we formed a Basque/Catalan league. Valencia, Sevilla and everyone else could stay in La Liga.

It could work, and if any other of the smaller communities between the Basque and Catalonia wanted to join to round it out. Just have a smaller table for the first division, like 18 or what not just like the Bundis. Since the league wouldn't be big enough for the usual 20. Would give historic teams like Gymnastic a chance to return to glory. And with Barca, Sociedad, Bilbao being involved, it would deff shoot this league up the coefficients pretty fast for the Europe play

If they really wanted to spice it up, they could form the Basque/Catalan league, but all teams would still participate in the Copa del Rey. That way there would still be the possibility of a Clasico every year. Would make for some interesting away games for the fans!

Portugal is too far away, tbh. So if Catalonia can't form some kind of league, then I am for joining France. Makes sense, it's right there.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:You might be intrested in this Dante, when you get some time.

i always wanted to sit down and do a proper research at some point , though being distant from it all , i always left it for tomorrow. I will watch it soon enough , thank you.

farfan wrote:
What makes Catalonia different or worthy(not sure about the word here) of independence?

maybe the fact that it was once a sovereign nation that got forcibly annexed by spain ?

i should answer properly when i know more , but if that is the best the Catalans got , no wonder why it's so complicated. All of Europe has been annexed time and time again for centuries long , nations have lost ground and nations have gained ground , mixed cultures and shared land all over the place.

I don't know when Catalonia was an independent nation as i've never heard of this before , but if that was literaly centuries ago , i am inclined to say you can't really keep that as an argument today can you ? In any case , i will try and research about the whole case and it's history and maybe talk about it in a proper thread.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next