+2
Twoism
Dante
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dark Souls 2 Empty Dark Souls 2

Post by Dante Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

I am playing it these days . Has anyone here finished it ? I could use advice , i don't want to check on the internet more than i have because i don't want it spoiled or dummed down for me. I tried Dark Souls ever since it came out but the PC version is really bad , so i ditched it . It's a real pitty , i tried 3 different times to get used to it and i never could , terribly optimised for PC.

Dark Souls 2 is legit though. Incredibly , irritatingly legit and well optimised for PC , if unfriendly in it's use . Whatever , i am in love with this game. I thought i was good with such games untill i played this game. I go in to play for half an hour and i end up starting new characters just for the fun of it. I finish a boss and i am scared to move on , in fear of losing all the souls i got Laughing

I play a knight , i am 85 lvl now , although i really doubt if i am even at 50% through the game. Haven't kill all that many bosses tbh. I am still wearing Elite Knight Armor , how do i get any special armor ? For weapons i have that Heide Knight Sword , made it +7 . I use that mostly , a Dragonslayer Crescent Axe i got recently and a bastard sword which i made +3. The shield i use all the time is the kite shield , one with a bird on it . I spend titanite on it too :facepalm: .I've noticed that titanite shards are quite rare and i've already used a lot , lol . I hope there are more cause i am screwed if there aren't .

The saddest part of all though.. i didn't know that boss souls could be used to make rare weapons. All the first bosses souls i consumed to get .. more souls. I freed Straid and saw i missed on the Pursuer's greatsword Sad

Any advice , tips , whatever , is welcomed . If you could explain builds and how should i procceed in the game in detail , even better . Tell me more about armor , i want a new set . I found the Old Knight set whole with weapons and shield , but it's so freaking heavy i can't move. I play a quick knight , alternating between two handed and sword-shield .

Is there an order on how to procceed with bosses? Or i just go and die wherever i wish hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Dante Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:58 pm

nobody is playing Dark Souls 2 , smh
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Sorry long post and no spoiler

- Armor are not much different between set, really depends on play style, the best is always mixing everything as long as you stay below 70% but overburden build (Havel armor) is mostly for pro who like to two hand some big freaking sword in new game plus ( you need ring to free roll with heavy set, Royal Soldier Ring +1 and First/Second Dragon Ring). You would be surprised, lots of player make it through the game naked. You probably know by now but you can buy boss armor from blacksmith in Majula, most are average but some has great resist and of course the look.

- The same can be said about weapon, the damage output/ weight ratio is kinda similar across all of the weapons. It's all about move set and your build, Strength or Dexterity, what kinda of move set do you like best or most effective. all weapons are viable if player can master their move set, even starting weapon. The ultra great sword sword for example, have the best move set in the whole game with incredible arc and reach. On the other hand, I know lots of players like light armor and dagger for bonus backstab. Test every single weapon you found for move set then stick with the one you like the most. This is one major flaw in DS series, I took so much time to get the move set down, I hardly switch weapons. Boss weapons is not needed to complete the game but cool factor and trophies/achievement.

- As for shield, always keep two. One for 100% physical mitigation and one with very high magic one ( you can infuse one to get 100% magic). Switching between the two depends on area and bosses.

- You can farm all the material to upgrade but I suggest not too, really break the flow of the game.

I won't spoil you order of play through, the magic, like you said is to play blind Very Happy

Dark Souls 2 is good game but lost the magic that made the 1st one, still better than most of the games out there though.

Good luck and have fun.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Thank you very much Twoism .

Dark Souls 2 is simply a great game, i would suggest it to any serious gamer. I absolutely love the medieval setting , how difficult everything is and how unforgiving your decisions always proves to be , step after step. I am still to fully understand how magic works in the game , though . How to build characters e.t.c . I also killed the NPC-witches in the beginning and i can't change my stats now lol

Dark Souls 3 , or whatever the next is called , i am bying it day 1 .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Dante wrote:Thank you very much Twoism .

Dark Souls 2 is simply a great game, i would suggest it to any serious gamer. I absolutely love the medieval setting , how difficult everything is and how unforgiving your decisions always proves to be , step after step. I am still to fully understand how magic works in the game , though . How to build characters e.t.c . I also killed the NPC-witches in the beginning and i can't change my stats now lol

Dark Souls 3 , or whatever the next is called , i am bying it day 1 .

Next is Bloodborne.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 pm

you can see what a great fan of the franchise i am really

U WOT M99? Not half an hour or so ago i was checking the Bloodborne thread and it crossed my mind how it resembles Dark Souls .. lmao .

can't wait for all the pissed moments i will have , all the rage Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:30 am

I thought DS lore, story and music are underrated, everyone talking about how hard it is but I love learning story, npc myth and lore bit by bit through item discription and speculate. The art of story telling and world setting in DS is just amazing, it's dark, gloomy and sometimes downright depressing world.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:35 am

Agreed with everything , especially about the depressing part. Yesterday i found a giant rat boss in Pharros , good grief i may just stop playing the game right there .

I died at least 10 to 15 times ... Last time i didn't even get to hit the big rat , the little rats smashed me for trying to get my souls back . I quit the game after that in silence , screaming inside . What kind of wicked person imagines a rat the size of a ship , ffs ...  

Turns out i hate rats Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Today we begin the journey folks. But first I must summon the two most powerful NPC's who have helped me tremendously in DS1. Hope they are with me in thick and thin with this one as well.

@ The Great Knight Real Gunthorius and
@Dragon Slayer Emnininus I summon you in the name of everything that is hollow.

Dark Souls 2 Tumblr_ntvv4qwfpD1ued5kio1_640

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:31 pm

This game is very punishing in the start ffs. I mean how I am suppose to fight the boss with half of my health.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Ember
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 pm

I think its called human effigy this game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:35 pm

oh shit yea lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 pm

What do I do burn it?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Oh God! Thanks again guys.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:45 pm

which boss is it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:53 pm

First one, Dragonrider rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Forest of the fallen giants is a better starting area than Heide Tower though both are available at the start. The enemies are far easier there.

Also its very easy to cheese Dragonrider. He can fall off the arena pretty easily. Bait him to the ledges.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 pm

M99 wrote:Forest of the fallen giants is a better starting area than Heide Tower though both are available at the start. The enemies are far easier there.

Also its very easy to cheese Dragonrider. He can fall off the arena pretty easily. Bait him to the ledges.

I know the cheese, but don't want to do it. Tomorrow I will try him fair and square if I can't get him then might go for the cheese.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Killed that fecker with half health and fair and square like a man that I am. Proud

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Really digging up this game up till now. Unfortunately not getting enough gaming time due to other shit but I think I am starting to get the hang of it. Also most people seem to give the cold shoulder to DS2, don't get the hate at least up till  now.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Dark spirit Forlorn Invades.
I suicide jump off the cliff.

Forlorn:

Spoiler:

Me:

Spoiler:

Miyazaki:

Spoiler:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Those dark spirits are no joke
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:16 pm

Resumed playing DS2 last week and have been enjoying it immensely. That feeling when whole day while working in office all you do is make strategies of beating an area or boss. Incredible game so far. Was cruising the game until the Gutter, what a bullshit area it is and also the black gulch Laughing . Hope I keep it up and beat this one within 15 days. Hyped about playing DS3 and Bloodborne.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:04 pm

Belfry Gargoyle boss fight

Dark Souls 2 1z2ofw

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down