Zealous
titosantill
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Onyx
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion Empty UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:55 pm

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion 418UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion 368

Match Information:

Competition: Champions League
When: Tuesday 12th August | 20:45 CET
Stadium: Cardiff City Stadium

H2H:

La Liga - 26th March 2014: Sevilla 2-1 Real Madrid
La Liga - 30th October 2013: Real Madrid 7-3 Sevilla

Injuries/Suspensions:

Injuries: Real Madrid: | Sevilla:

Suspensions: Real Madrid: Alonso | Sevilla:

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Keylor Navas and Pacheco.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo, Carvajal, Arbeloa and Nacho.
Midfielders: Khedira, Kroos, James Rodríguez, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

--------------Casillas
-Carvajal---Pepe---Ramos---Coentrao
------------Illarramendi
----------Modric---Isco
-----Bale----------------Rodriguez
-------------Benzema

Ancelotti pre match:

Carlo Ancelotti appeared in the Cardiff City Stadium press room the day before the final of the European Super Cup. The Whites’ manager revealed that “Kroos and James Rodríguez will start” and analysed the match against Sevilla. “The team is ready to play the match at full throttle, but it won’t be easy because we’re playing against a team that really hurt us last year and they have spent time preparing for this match”.

“Sevilla’s style is the same as last season and they have changed the midfield with some new players. The quality of my squad is important to try and win if they have the same desire and determination to win as we had last season. If we do that we could have a very positive season”.

Ronaldo’s fitness
“Cristiano Ronaldo is fine. He has no issues and has done everything he needed to in order to be fit to play tomorrow. The problem he had is more than behind him and I think he will start the season really well”.

Kroos and James to start
“They will play from the start. Kroos is going to help us because he is very good tactically. James is an excellent player. He is very strong and runs a lot. He can play up front or as an attacking midfielder. I’m happy with the signings because the quality of the team has improved. Without a doubt”.

Bale’s motivation
“He had an excellent season. He didn’t take part in the preseason and needed time to acclimatise. He’s very fit and psychologically ready. I don’t know if he’ll play tomorrow. He’s at home but he could start on the bench”.

I’M SURE BALE WILL DO EVEN BETTER THIS SEASON.
“He is one of the best players in the world.. Everyone knows that, but what’s more important to me is that he feels comfortable with us. Last season he was very important. There is a lot of competition in this team. I say Bale deserves to win individual titles, but I could say that Ramos and Ronaldo deserve them too”.

Future at Real Madrid
“The first press conference and we’re already talking about losing the job. I’m happy to be with this team. We always have to win and to me it is a great honour to be the coach of this team, which has brought in new players and made investments to improve this season”.

The first choice keeper for the match
“I still don’t know or I do know and I’m not going to tell you. Tomorrow Iker will play because he’s doing well and he deserves to win this match. Last year he did really well in the Champions League and he deserves to play. I think he is a great keeper and last year he had a great season, as he will this year. Everyone makes mistakes in matches. To err in football is normal. We have to learn from them. I have complete confidence in him”.

The possible transfer of Diego López
“I spoke to him yesterday and he’s looked for a good chance to leave. I thanked him and wished him luck for the future. I have a lot of affection for Milan and I think he will do well there”.

The exit of Di María and Khedira
“It’s a problem we don’t need to speak of today. Di María has been training to play this match and we are lucky that this issue has not reached the dressing room. We cannot know now what will happen in the future. We have to wait until the 31st of August. Khedira is a Real Madrid player with a contract. Both he and Di María are players on the team and both of them want to win titles with Real Madrid”.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/08/ancelotti-the-team-is-ready-to-play-this-match-at-full-throttle

Prediction:

Real Madrid's season begins with a Super Cup tie against fellow La Liga side Sevilla. The Andalusian side picked up the Europa League last season after beating Benfica in a tense penalty shootout. New superstar signings James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos are likely to make their debut. Manager Carlo Ancelotti confirmed recently that Casillas would start this match, so new signing Keylor Navas' debut could be put off until the following week, which is when Real Madrid face Atletico Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup. Xabi Alonso will be unavailable, after picking up a suspension in the Champions League final, as a result of running onto the pitch and celebrating Bale's goal. There have been doubts surrounding Ronaldo's fitness all throughout the summer and it would not be surprise if he sat this one out.

The Cardiff born Bale will hope his homecoming turns out to be a successful one, as Real Madrid hope to pick up their 2nd European Super Cup. Sevilla have played in 2 Super Cup's before, winning 1 against Barcelona in 2005 and losing against AC Milan in 2007.

Score Prediction:

Real Madrid 1-1 Sevilla

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:39 am; edited 4 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion Empty Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Have you ever got the score prediction right, MT ?  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion Empty Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Sevilla discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Probably once or twice. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:21 pm

finally we can see our squad in action in a meaningful game

probable line up imo:

Iker
Carvajal-Pepe-Ramos-Coentrao
Modric-Illarra-DiMaria
Bale-Benz-Ronaldo

Go with the tried and tested then sub out as needed
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:38 pm

lol i think i'd replace illara with khedira
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Khedira should start if he is healthy imo.

Anyway no need to change the team too much from last season for this game. My only concern is that Iker might fck it up for us, there are huge rumors in Spain that he and the club have agreed to part ways.. Iker's mind might be elsewhere.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:47 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:finally we can see our squad in action in a meaningful game

probable line up imo:

Iker
Carvajal-Pepe-Ramos-Coentrao
Modric-Illarra-DiMaria
Bale-Benz-Ronaldo

Go with the tried and tested then sub out as needed

illaramendi? tried and tested? lol
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 pm

More than the alternatives? Yes

Khedira has played there once and he lasted a half.

Modric hasn't played there and neither has Kroos

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Lol I was thinking it's against Atletico for some reason ffs.

Yea Madrid should win this.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Marca think Kroos will be our DLP. I'd like us to test it but not in this game. We have a couple of preseason friendlies after this game we could test that then. Apparently he has looked really good in training and integrated pretty well to the team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:25 pm

You sure? thought none of the German players get back to training till Monday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Nah all the internationals were back by the 5th. Wenger is the only one who has let his German players stay on holiday for longer. The Bayern guys are back as well
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Yeah Kroos and Khedira have been training at full speed with the rest of the squad already.

Anyway according to Cadena Ser (who probably just used what they saw at the last training session as a source) the starting XI against Sevilla is expected to be;

Casillas
Carvajal Ramos Pepe Coentrão
Kroos
Modric James
Bale Benzema Ronaldo

Put Marcelo instead of Coentrao and that is probably our most offensive line up.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Pretty sure Carlo won't go with that line up. At most we will start one of Kroos/James not both yet. We still haven't seen them play to know whether it will work and when a trophy is to be won doubt we will take the risk.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Well who is going to play then? Xabi is suspended and Di Maria won't play because we don't want to risk him getting injured in case a big offer comes in.

Isco is a false 9 now apparently (lol) so he probably won't start in midfield and Kroos is an upgrade on Illarra if recent training sessions are anything to go by.

I think that XI is very possible tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:43 pm

I mentioned my likely eleven somewhere above. Isco will start ahead of them if it came to that but they will likely come on as subs. James for Benzema and Kroos for DiMaria, Isco/Khedira will come on for someone as well depending on the scoreline

You've got to be abit naive to expect them both to start with only 6 days of training with their new teammates.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Since when does the European Super Cup play on Tuesday?
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Usually is a Friday but it probably has to do with, um, ****, I have no idea why it's on a Tuesday now.

As for RM themselves, I certainly hope our preseason form doesn't carry on into this match. Hoping we magically just find some resemblance of good form...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Kroos as the lone DM is a disaster waiting to happen.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Well it's a good match to test him in at least. Might surprise everyone.

With Di Maria in midfield he won't have as much of a problem either.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm

i'd rather go with hala's 11, but i'd replace illara with khedira. If carlo didn't have the confidence to start illara in the ucl final, despite him being fit, and started khedira who was just returning from a long layoff, i doubt he has the confidence to start him now...besides khedira will provide some muscle in the middle of the park.

whilst i think di maria should start, i'm not sure if he will, not because of risk of injury, but because he only just joined up with the squad recently. @zealous your team is way too offensive, and i'm not sure on james in a midfield trio; a 4 2 3 1 maybe....besides its too early to have him and kroos starting i think
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:55 am

Ronaldo apparently in top form for this match, according to AS.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:00 pm

titosantill wrote:@zealous your team is way too offensive, and i'm not sure on james in a midfield trio; a 4 2 3 1 maybe....besides its too early to have him and kroos starting i think

That's not my team, it's the team that is rumored to start according to the media.

For the record here is the team I would like to see based on fitness and amount of minutes they have gotten in preseason.

Iker
Carvajal Ramos Pepe Coentrao
Modric Illarra
Bale James Isco
Ronaldo

Pedram wrote:Kroos as the lone DM is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well he's clearly not all alone, Modric is defensively strong enough to assist Kroos.

Plus I may have gotten the formation wrong, we might play 4-4-2 which is more solid defensively.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:54 pm

That line up looks good but we all know how Ronaldo feels about being CF. I'd like Benzema to start as well who has been training for more than two weeks. We won't start a 4-2-3-1, we achieved Carlo's beloved "equilibrio" with a 4-3-3 so that's how it's going to stay imo. We don't know what James' position is yet so it's safer to start with Kroos if the other midfield options are unavailable to start
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Lineup according to Marca.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuxLzvMIgAAR3_U.jpg

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next