BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
MJ
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Terrifying Rise of ISIS Empty The Terrifying Rise of ISIS

Post by MJ Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:35 am

Looters, murderers, extremists and, oddly enough, Internet activists.

One of my professors, Hilal Khashan, once told me that Islam was greatly affected by Western imperialism. So much so, that it was approaching an age of reform but due to European activity in the Middle East it regressed in the complete opposite manner and the Muslim Brotherhood was born

This is one of the products of that regression, probably the most violent, radical and terrifying.

The latest: US conducts air strikes on ISIS militants in Iraq

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28709530

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-air-strike-in-iraq-isis-2014-8
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Terrifying Rise of ISIS Empty Re: The Terrifying Rise of ISIS

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 am

Disgusting what they are doing in Iraq and other places. Murdering the parents infront of their children in the Yazidis dominant areas. Burning Christian majority towns.

Thankfully other countries can openly send in aid and other military help.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Iraqi official says hundreds of Yazidi women taken captive by Islamic State militants.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:57 pm

This Iraq is such a cluster****. What are the thoughts on splitting it up along ethnic lines here? I used to think it was just the latest grand white man idea but considering how the original borders were drawn up in the aftermath of WWI by imperial France and England I'm more open to the idea. The Kurds on the very least want to be their own country.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Iraq went downhill after the murder of King Faisal 2. I don't think Iraq will split since many groups benefit from these disputes and will try and make sure that it stays this way. Also, I don't think the middle east will ever be safe again until all major resources are exhausted, most rulers remaining in middle east are corrupt people. Once the resources will be exhausted, the corrupt personals will have no more business in the region and will move on. I believe that this would be an opportunity for other people to go back to lands of their ancestors.

Last edited by •MilanDevil• on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:34 pm

**** these scumbags and anyone who loves or supports them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This Iraq is such a cluster****. What are the thoughts on splitting it up along ethnic lines here? I used to think it was just the latest grand white man idea but considering how the original borders were drawn up in the aftermath of WWI by imperial France and England I'm more open to the idea. The Kurds on the very least want to be their own country.

Your going to have to split it up in like 4 countries, won't ever work.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:09 pm

They will all end up fighting each other anyways even after splitting up. Like I said in the Gaza thread, the hate is too strong in Middle East and Parts Asia. Hatred deep in the roots which will carry on for another few decades if not centuries.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:14 pm

I don't see how any outside influence is going to solve this conflict

Chances are it will carry on long after we're gone
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:They will all end up fighting each other anyways even after splitting up. Like I said in the Gaza thread, the hate is too strong in Middle East and Parts Asia. Hatred deep in the roots which will carry on for another few decades if not centuries.

A lot of young Iraqis are actually supporting each other and are willing to stand with each other. Iraq is extremely multicultural with people having roots from all over the world, not surprising considering the history of the land. I hope that the youth continue to stick strongly with each other. I know this because I am an Iraqi-Canadian and I regularly see activities being done on social media sites.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:12 am

This is a relatively short time span we're talking about when we discuss the rise of radical Islamists, a century or so? And it's already viewed as impractical, horrific and wrong by most Middle Easterners who are just regular people, irrespective of their personal beliefs.

ISIS aren't even that big of a group, they're just making big moves that are catching attention.

Since the US is almost wholly responsible for the birth of ISIS and Al-Qaeda, its former parent group, it is just as responsible for the actions it carries out today.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Christian man forced to his knees, surrounded by masked militants, identified in the video as members of ISIS. They force the man at gunpoint to "convert" to Islam. Then, the group beheads him.

Disgusting. :facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:47 pm

How can they even claim to bring back caliphate with these barbaric actions. Disgusting.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Somebody needs to wipe these *bleep* out.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:32 pm

The ease with which terrorist groups are formed in the name of religion in middle East is shocking.
Don't blame rise of terrorist organisations on US..from pajistan-china all the way to Africa lot of terrorist organisations are there in the name of Islam and until the prophet comes back and ban all these groups there will not be any peace in middle east.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 am

Why not blame US? they were defending these animals in Syria. west were giving them weapons.

they couldn't do sh*t without foreign support.

Last edited by Mamad on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:06 am

I don't think the West has any permanent solution to the issues over there - like, look how quickly it came to this once the Americans and others withdrew their troops - so maybe they should just be left to fight it out with each others over there and see what sort of balance that brings?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:49 am

I would be cautious with any information being disseminated about whats going on in Iraq/Syria right now.

I don't know what to believe with all this.. its too early to tell.

We are hearing stories about Christians being beheaded etc.. But many spokespeople deny these allegations and are saying the only executions taking place are against Iraqi military or enemy combatants.

Under Sharia there is no compulsion to convert to Islam, you are free to believe what you want providing you pay your Jizya and abide by other limitations such as building "shrines" etc..
Not that I agree with treating people as second class citizens based on their religious views in any case, but I think its important to be clear that if it is true Christians are being beheaded for refusing to make shahada and convert then it is most likely by the uneducated, impressionable young "soldiers" who seem to make up most of these recruits.

I do agree though.. I find the whole thing terrifying indeed.. I certainly don't feel comfortable with wahhabi nut-jobs in possession of nuclear arms in the near future or ever. I know some Wahhabis in my area and to listen to them speak in support of the alleged actions of ISIS is disgusting. In one sentence vilifying Israel for their actions, then in the very next sentence condoning the alleged actions of this disorganised, brutal and archaic mob - seems to me a tad hypocritical.

Moderate Muslims need to stand up.. Moderate Muslims get the lid put on them by these radicals who simply dismiss their views as being unreligious. Scared to speak up, voices of reason amongst sunni muslim communities are very much quashed.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Iraq crisis: West’s ‘mandate’ limited by national borders – and don’t dare mention oil

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iraq-crisis-wests-mandate-limited-by-national-borders--and-dont-dare-mention-oil-9660393.html

Spoiler:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Pretty much spot on with US's real intentions in that area.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 am

Civil wars have happened throughout history and have more or less stabilized nations. Just let them fight out one over there and establish some natural power.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Art Morte wrote:Civil wars have happened throughout history and have more or less stabilized nations. Just let them fight out one over there and establish some natural power.
Are you being sarcastic? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Civil wars have happened throughout history and have more or less stabilized nations. Just let them fight out one over there and establish some natural power.

A little, but not that much. If this happened a 100 years ago they would fight out a civil war over there and a more stabilized nation would appear. That's how it's gone in so many countries' history. The West have nowadays the means to force peace over there with their military presence, but they don't seem to have a permanent, peaceful solution to the problems in that region.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 am

Lots of reports of rape, and suspicions that about 1500 women largely Christian and Yazidi forced into slavery

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=48477#.U-ysnOo1gv6

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 am

Art Morte wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

A little, but not that much. If this happened a 100 years ago they would fight out a civil war over there and a more stabilized nation would appear. That's how it's gone in so many countries' history. The West have nowadays the means to force peace over there with their military presence, but they don't seem to have a permanent, peaceful solution to the problems in that region.

This article agrees with you:
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/55210/edward-n-luttwak/give-war-a-chance
I read this in university a while ago, and while I agree with some points it's a bit bleak and cynical for my liking.

Regarding this current conflict, there have been more retarded ideas that have seen their implementation than arming the Kurds, a people in dire need, and well deserving of, their own nation.

This wishful thinking aside, if the Kurds manage to fight off ISIS, Turkey and Iran will be very worried about their borders.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next