Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The sound of space Empty Re: The sound of space

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Sounds of Uranus are the best...Great share.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 pm

I guess it's slightly related to this thread so I'll just ask the Space and science enthusiasts.

What do you think about the Fermi Paradox?

The apparent size and age of the universe suggest that many technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations ought to exist.
However, this hypothesis seems inconsistent with the lack of observational evidence to support it.

Thinking about it, it makes sense. The question is legit and makes you think of numerous possibilities and probabilities. But the question could also be considered demeaning because it maybe overestimates the intelligence of species(if they exists) in terms of technology and it could be possible that no one actually is advanced enough to travel across the universe or make contact with another planet.

Few possibilities I have read which are very interesting(will only post 3 but there are countless across the internet).

Possibility 1) Super-intelligent life could very well have already visited Earth, but before we were here.

Possibility 2) Higher civilizations are aware of us and observing us (AKA the "Zoo Hypothesis")

Possibility 3) We're the First civilisation.

Possibility 1 sounds possible, and 2 sounds paranoid but could be true. 3 sounds a bit too 'proud' but maybe it's true but that's being far too pompous.

I don't think there is an answer and there will never be one until there is an empirical evidence regarding it. However the paradox question is very interesting to think about.

As said by some important person somewhere, "The thought that we are alone in the universe is as terrifying as the thought that we are not alone".
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:27 pm

There's a ridiculous amount of possibilities out there. One of the likely ones to me is that in this unimaginably big Universe, we've simply not been discovered ourselves, or if even one of the many conspiracy theories are correct, we've made contact a long time ago and it's being hidden from us

Of course, the other possibility is that there is no other life but personally even from a logical standpoint it seems ridiculously naive to think in such a vast space that we're the only ones out there.

Personally I think there's plenty of intelligent lifeforms out there. Whether some of the conspiracy theories are true or not (Some are ridiculous, some have been backed up by respectable people and are plausible) regarding aliens being kept a secret from the public. I don't know. But I'd say it's extremely unlikely there's nothing out there.

Tbf the way the government make idiotic excuses for phenomena I.E 'it was a weather balloon' makes you think that they're desperate to hide something.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:01 am

Another interesting view is that perhaps, life does exist elsewhere but we just cannot observe it. It could be simply due to technological constraints or more importantly, it is not observable based on the laws that we've established ourselves.

If we were to depict an alien in a movie, we always end up showing a something that resembles a human or a creature that we, as a species, observed here on earth. Sure it'll look weird as, but at the end of the day it has eyes to see, hands to interact and so forth.

So what if, there exists life out there, but not like we imagine it to be? Or that has properties that we haven't yet discovered or comprehend?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:01 am

Keep in mind just how mind-bogglingly huge the universe is and how little of it we can accurately examine.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:49 am

I find it very plausible that life does exist out there in the universe. Heck, we might even find life in ways we can't even imagine. That's what gets me, mostly. Is oxygen the only compound in which life can exist at all. Or is there another compound out there that can be beneficial to life out there.

As for the video, all the Gas Giants sound very windy IMO. The Earth has a unique sound to it as well.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:53 am

I think it's very unlikely that we are alone in the milky way galaxy let alone the universe.

There are more than 200 billion exoplanets in our galaxy and even if we assume that less than 5% of these planets are in the habitable zone, that would be still a great number. i think the reason that we haven't so far managed to have contact with another intelligent life is simply because of the large scale of the universe and our lack of technology.

The same thing can be said about aliens, maybe there are aliens that are advanced as us and they are all over the place but they're having the same problem as us.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Yeah another huge possibility, when people think of E.T's they think of extremely advanced, space travelling super races. When in fact, there's probably a lot of lifeforms out there with a similar understanding to us humans, stuck on their own planet and unable to explore the Universe.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down