Zealous
The Franchise
UnitedInRed
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best and worst coach of the WC? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst coach of the WC?

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Peccadillo wrote:Surprising Low doesn't get a mention.. considering he won the damn thing.
rwo power wrote:Best by default:
Best and worst coach of the WC? - Page 2 Loew10
:coffee: :coffee:

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Best and worst coach of the WC? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst coach of the WC?

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:16 am

Best Van Gaal, not just for his amazing rabbit out of hat moments, but overall the fact that he took a Dutch team that was supposed to struggle to get out of their group to third place is very impressive.

There's a lot of candidates for worst, I'd go with Del Bosque though, I'm fairly confident a better coach could've taken Spain to the final.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 pm

farfan wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:They were considered the 30th of 32 teams by the market before the cup:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1878805-world-cup-odds-2014-updated-chances-for-each-country-following-draw

lol at Cameroon over algeria.
like i said , they base this on hype, name , and pretty much everything non-football you can think of .
in every tournament you'll have criminally underrated teams and with it the possibility to make money .

i should've put some money on algeria to advance past the first round , printing money basically...

Because algeria is a poor arabic country and those idiots probably rate us down with lebanon and saudi arabia Laughing

ghoulam, taider, ghilas, soudani, bentaleb, halliche, slimani, feghouli, brahimi.. i can go on, these players are very good
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:35 pm

I think Deschamps should be mentioned too...  he took a NT in 2012 that had an awful midfield and questionable mentality to one that is very organized, tries to play good footy (surprisingly) and works as a collective.  Also had the balls to push aside entitled players like Nasri and Rami and take chances on kids like Varane, Pogba, Digne, Cabella, Griezmann, Sakho, Mangala and Schneiderlin.  Lacazette was in the pre-WC 30 too... so he's going to get there.

Very satisfied.  The NT has a clear direction and very strong leadership from Deschamps.  Haven't had anything remotely close to this since Jacquet.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:52 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Didn't really do anything particularly noteworthy. Took him almost losing to Argelia to notice that Lahm was not working as a DM. The entirety of Germany saw that before him.

Great Country that Argelia
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Didn't really do anything particularly noteworthy. Took him almost losing to Argelia to notice that Lahm was not working as a DM. The entirety of Germany saw that before him.

Thats how you say it in spanish lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Thats how you say it in spanish lol

And Portuguese.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 am

rwo power wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:Surprising Low doesn't get a mention.. considering he won the damn thing.
rwo power wrote:Best by default:
Best and worst coach of the WC? - Page 2 Loew10
:coffee: :coffee:

My bad! images don't show on my work computer.

@ Giggity.. just curiously. Do all Algerians consider themselves Arab?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2