DeletedUser#1
iftikhar
BusterLfc
Art Morte
McAgger
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 3 Empty Re: Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 pm

so funny and cute in a way that people in this section just choose their player to defend and they just do it...nice keep it up!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 3 Empty Re: Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I don't think Markovic is quite ready for this level. He has no end-product whatsoever.

You people were saying the same thing about Sterling this time last year...

Markovic is only 20, and has never really had a continuous playing time. He needs time to develop. That was always going to be the case even if we did overpay for him. He wasn't going to come here and be a regular straight away; he wasn't even a regular in the Portuguese league so let's not put any pressure on the lad.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The '12-'13 season Sterling clearly wasn't quite ready, but last season he pretty much hit the ground running. If you're meaning to say that "Sterling came good and Markovic will, too", okay. Based on his first games he's looking quite talented with the ball, but hasn't really done anything noteworthy. On one hand he's got time on his side; on the other hand most players who end up genuinely good do showcase that by the time they're 20.

But I'm not even criticizing the guy, just saying he doesn't look ready and shouldn't be ahead of Coutinho in the pecking order, like he's been in the last few matches.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I don't think Markovic is quite ready for this level. He has no end-product whatsoever.

Markovic is only 20, and has never really had a continuous playing time. He needs time to develop. That was always going to be the case even if we did overpay for him. He wasn't going to come here and be a regular straight away; he wasn't even a regular in the Portuguese league so let's not put any pressure on the lad.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The '12-'13 season Sterling clearly wasn't quite ready, but last season he pretty much hit the ground running. If you're meaning to say that "Sterling came good and Markovic will, too", okay. Based on his first games he's looking quite talented with the ball, but hasn't really done anything noteworthy. On one hand he's got time on his side; on the other hand most players who end up genuinely good do showcase that by the time they're 20.

But I'm not even criticizing the guy, just saying he doesn't look ready and shouldn't be ahead of Coutinho in the pecking order, like he's been in the last few matches.

may be BR wants to just rotate the players or he thinks that Markovic is better suited for that wide role. But in the league cup game, Suso deserved a chance ahead Markovic, which I have already mentioned. So Markovic needs to be on the bench and players like Coutinho and Suso need to be ahead of him, depending on the formation of course.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 am

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

No he didn't. Sterling was hated on up until the Tottenham game in December.

Majority of everyone before that was saying he was no good and shouldn't even be on the bench!

I somewhat agree with that Coutinho/Suso should be started ahead of Lazar, but we just spent 20m on the guy. He's going to stagnate sitting on the bench.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 am

ha, at least I didnt hate on Sterling. I certainly criticised him but I was also one of them who thought he needs time to perform on a consistent basis.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Hate is absolutely the wrong word RA, Sterling barely showed anything but pace before that spurs game, honestly don't know how he turned it around in such a short period. My frustrations with him were that he shouldn't be playing for us at 17-18 when a loan would of been better for his development, rightfully so as you don't expect a youth fringe player to just burst out of nowhere like that. I still think he has heaps and heaps of development left, his pace and movement is carrying him right now, when he develops his skill and becomes more clinical who knows how good he'll become.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm

In a way Sterling and Markovic are currently like totally opposite players:

Sterling's main weakness is that he still in some games loses the ball many, many times when attempting too many dribbles or too difficult passes. I think the hype may have had such an effect on him that he sometimes tries a bit too hard to be the player who makes a difference on his own. On the other hand Sterling's riskier approach does make things happen when he's successful, creating chances and scoring goals.

Whereas Markovic's start in the Liverpool shirt has been a very cautious one. I don't remember him turning over possession almost at all, but neither has he done anything noteworthy.

So, you could say that they both could learn something from one another.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Not only that, but we ALL can learn from each other, if we keep an open mind smoking

Happy Birthday, Art.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:09 pm

Unfortunately I've seen very little quality from Markovic. I don't think he's going to contribute anything noteworthy this season. Hopefully develops during the season and becomes a good player for us, but to me it seems at this point he might have been a transfer blunder who just hasn't got what it takes to play at this level.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Only hope left is that he's only 20. He's shown some flashes in some other games, albeit very inconsistently, when he gets space and runs at opponents at speed but he's SOOOOO TIMID.

He never holds on to the ball for more than 2 seconds. You give him the ball he always passes it right back to his fullback or the midfield. Never taking the risky option. It gets very predictable and boring when you do it as much as him.

He needs to be coached well, he definitely has potential. Don't see him providing much this season though.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 am

^ It was clear to see he wasn't going to produce this season.

He wasn't even a consistent starter in the Portuguese league ffs. (That's not to say he's not talented but he's very very raw. Just hope the price tag doesn't
kill him...)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:00 pm

So, thoughts on Markovic as a wing-back?

I think he's actually looked good there. Like he's been involved much more when he's had that bit more time and space than in a pure winger role higher up the pitch. He hasn't been defensively tested, really, but he's done well there, showing involvement and bravery we didn't see when he was playing higher up. Maybe this wing-back role is what he needs right now to get into groove. I'm guessing we'll stick with this 3-4-3 formation for now and looks like Lazar is playing himself into the starting XI in this unexpected role.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:37 pm

Chaka Proud Molenation :wub: banana :bow: Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:58 pm

iftikhar wrote:Chaka Proud Molenation :wub: banana :bow: Thumbs up
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:23 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Chaka Proud Molenation :wub: banana :bow: Thumbs up
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:01 pm

And just when I thought to post something like "anyone else starting to get slightly irritated by Ifty's excessive use of emoticons..?"

Markovic had his best game yet, though. I'm not sure whether I should quote my post in shame where I said I don't think he's going to do anything this season or the one with pride where I said he's looking good in that wing-back role. So I will quote neither.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:16 pm

And just when I thought to post something like "anyone else starting to get slightly irritated by Ifty's excessive use of emoticons..?"
Listen Mister, I have only started to use them for a year. Before that it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:20 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Listen Mister, I have only started to use them for a year. Before that it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, there's no need to have both the exclamation mark ! and the question mark ? , right? eco smile

You're good, Ifty, don't change pirat
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:47 am

He looked really good and comfortable in going forward yesterday. I would like to see him play winger/WF for few games when Sturridge returns.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:50 am

He'll do even better when Sturridge comes back. He seems to thrive much more with great movement in front of him from the CF.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:39 am

Lazar 'the Czar' Marković || Liverpool's #50 - Page 3 EnergeticWarpedHoiho
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:41 pm

cant believe he already started performing. I think all these young players are performing better when they are given responsibility. It was a good thing in hindsight that Sterling went on holidays and Markovic got to boost his confidence ' won the match today for my team Cool '. Lets see of he carries it

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:58 am

Markovic is shit.
Shocked

He can't dribble so either he needs space to run into or players to link-up with. He needs time. He has been doing decently and will improve.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:03 am

Can't dribble? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Calm down. He's been great lately. He was superb defensively last night and worked very hard. He's still adjusting and is only 20. His dribbling is not an issue. Once he settles completely, he'll be insync with the PL defenders and will lose the ball less.

Love this kid already.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next