RedOranje
RealGunner
Kick
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chicago declared a war zone - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago declared a war zone

Post by McLewis Sat 12 Jul - 15:57:52

Freeza wrote:The only thing that will help this is obviously more guns. Preferably also rifles.

But in the hands of who? Put those guns in the hands of the people who live in these neighborhoods and I think that installs a false sense of security. It will embolden both sides and exacerbate the violence. Not the answer imo.

Put those guns in the hands of people actually trained specifically to combat these gangs and I think the results are much more effective. Then simply increase the presence of these gang cops.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat 12 Jul - 16:03:38

McLewis wrote:
Freeza wrote:The only thing that will help this is obviously more guns. Preferably also rifles.

But in the hands of who? Put those guns in the hands of the people who live in these neighborhoods and I think that installs a false sense of security. It will embolden both sides and exacerbate the violence. Not the answer imo.

Put those guns in the hands of people actually trained specifically to combat these gangs and I think the results are much more effective. Then simply increase the presence of these gang cops.

I was making a sarcastic comment on the NRA members and right wing conservatives using this as an argument.
In my opinion, the only one who should be able to carry weapons are trained government people, like the army and the police. They should probably have more gang cops also. This will never happen in the US, because of their mistrust in government control. So the smarter and more realistic thing to do would be to have obligatory training and mental examinations for anyone who wants to obtain a gun. And if the arms business had a care in the world for other people they would limit the number of guns, since there is just too many on the market.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat 12 Jul - 16:15:53

Freeza wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I was making a sarcastic comment on the NRA members and right wing conservatives using this as an argument.
In my opinion, the only one who should be able to carry weapons are trained government people, like the army and the police. They should probably have more gang cops also. This will never happen in the US, because of their mistrust in government control. So the smarter and more realistic thing to do would be to have obligatory training and mental examinations for anyone who wants to obtain a gun. And if the arms business had a care in the world for other people they would limit the number of guns, since there is just too many on the market.

Mental background checks are another way forward potentially, but even that becomes dicey because then you have to align what we consider to be mentally unstable with what a gun law would consider to be mentally unstable. Currently these do not align, as we can all see.

It's unfortunate as that would probably prevent a lot of mass murders.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 12 Jul - 21:42:26

I was surprised to read that Chicago's overall murder rate has gone down recently, but it's more concentrated in certain neighborhoods, where the murder rates have gone up.

Besides the gun laws, because I think it's more than that, I'm not sure exactly what they need to do. More police presence in those neighborhoods, stop closing schools, something.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Delfy.RO Sat 18 Oct - 23:46:33

Chiraq.

Chicago declared a war zone - Page 2 7df981367dc3b468e931ab82ec6ae7c1536b911bd633e8bcd1b5ab144e1371ac

Delfy.RO
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2