rwo power
The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
70 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Who will go through to the Final?

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 12 Vote_lcap59%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 12 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 29 ]
Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 12 Vote_lcap41%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 12 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 49

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 12 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by Footyfan Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 am

El Cujo wrote:
ACMRox wrote:Who do you see replacing Robben in the long run? As talented as the younger members of this squad have shown themselves to be, he is still very much their main threat in attack and I don't see the likes of Memphis reaching his level.

You don't think Memphis has it in him? At 20 years old he came in and assisted then scored the winner against Australia looking dangerous all the while, and scored against Chile (great move by Robben, but still). He absolutely terrorized the Eredivisie, and if not for his immaturity probably could have done much better than his 12 goals and 7 assists which is very respectable for his first real full first team campaign). He definitely has the best chance of becoming a Robben like player -- he has the pace, dribbling ability and he has a better shot than Robben...he even has the selfishness for the most part. Actually I think he could be better than Robben if he hits his peak. He just has a better physical package and a better shot IMO.

With that said there are a number of really strong players coming up too like Zivkovic, Basacikoglu, Walian and van der Moot (these last two are probably 4 years away at least)...some are out and out strikers but who knows if they will move to wing or not. Basacikoglu especially has a lot of upside though not necessarily in the Robben mould. Still other attacking talent like Maher (as long as PSV stops ruining him by playing him deep), Klaassen, Ziyech, Castaignos, Locadia, Boetius, etc. I'm not really worried about finding offensive replacements for Robben because a world class talent will come out of one of the the players mentioned. It's just about finding the right manager (Hiddink is great) and playing the 4-3-3 again.

Depay is a volume shooter. His shooting ability is much poorer than Robben. He shoots 100 times but scores 3-4 long rangers. He frustrates people more than C. Ronaldo in that regard. He also does not have Robben's intelligence.

I think he grow and mature but I am not sure if he will reach Robben's level. I like him and followed him for a while.

Promes is another guy who is very promising. He is breaking out similar to Depay. The LW spot will be fiercely contested although Promes primarly plays RW. Locadia, Boetius also are talented.

Personally I don't see any of the guys you mentioned with the 4 year slot breaking out. I see Nouri, Ajax U-17 definitely breaking out. Could be the next big CAM.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 12 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by Forza Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 am

Depay was the best young Dutch player at the WC and he's going to be a future star.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12