rwo power
The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
70 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Who will go through to the Final?

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 10 Vote_lcap59%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 10 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 29 ]
Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 10 Vote_lcap41%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 10 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 49

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 10 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by Bankz Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 am

RealGunner wrote:Messi couldn't celebrate making the World Cup final in the locker room because he was called into anti-doping control

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsJF8_XCEAAieNL.png

Not sure if serious

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 10 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by windkick Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:02 am

Was the Higuain goal offside?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:03 am

First Rojo gave me a heart attack with a Rabona clearance

Then he scored a goal with the KNEE!

And today he nutmegged Robben Proud

Revelation of the tournament Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:06 am

windkick wrote:Was the Higuain goal offside?
Not offside but it's not entirely clear to me whether he scored or just hit the side net

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 am

Who won? I must have fallen asleep. Laughing

What a boring game, you know it's bad when you're hoping for penalties to liven the game up a bit.

Happy with the result.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:12 am

The Franchise wrote:
Only way to accommodate all that would be playing Neymar out of position on the right again though?

Busi Masche
Iniesta
Suarez Messi Nerman

It would require some flexibility. It wouldn't EXACTLY be like that in practice (as in Busi and Masche staying in 1 line). Busquets would have a bit more freedom going forward. Iniesta drifting to the wing, Neymar moving central, Messi dropping to AM etc. The exact semantics Lucho has to figure out. But it's worth a try IMO. Masche is certainly not "La Masia certified" at short passing but he ain't horrible either. You can accommodate 1 player like that for sure if he brings other important attributes IMO. Khedira is starting for Germany. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:13 am

Pablo Giralt commentary Proud Proud

shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:38 am

Higuain goal was clearly on side. I have whole match recorded in my laptop, just re watched. Argentina should have won the game in regular time. Almost got robbed.
Thanks they won the match in penalty shootout.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:43 am

It was not a goal. Look at where Cilllesen goes to pick up the ball:

http://gfycat.com/YearlyEmotionalIndri
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:47 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It was not a goal. Look at where Cilllesen goes to pick up the ball:

yeh got deceived. Razz  That's why Higuain didn't celebrate.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:52 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It was not a goal. Look at where Cilllesen goes to pick up the ball:

Cool. yea I was confused as hell with that lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:52 am

RealGunner wrote:Two players refused to take the first penalty before LVG asked Vlaar who actually had the balls to take one.

I am guessing one was Huntelaar. Other might be Wijnaldum/Clasie

Source? Vlaar looked so damn nervous taking that penalty, he couldnt even look up, it was a really bad penalty, poor guy whos played well this WC....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 am

The Franchise wrote:The one thing I noticed, which doesnt surprise me, is just how poor Messi's conditioning is.

He was totally finished after 90 minutes, he was running on empty in that extra time...which in itself isnt totally shameful, but when you consider he only really moved with any true effort when he got the ball.

Dani I have been focusing on this for a few months now it is absolutely clear Messi is far from his best in terms of physique and overall it affects so many of his strengthens. Im suspecting its just natural aging + the injuries effect. IF thats true than I think Messi would need to change his game a bit and become more of a static player than in the past (in fact all his life), vastly different. What do you think about this?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:10 am

RealGunner wrote:Thought Perez was fantastic as well

Masche to Romero, pre PKs: "Today you become a hero!"

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/701533CE671098791399941664768_24bc1c4192c.0.4.9399146706773821187.mp4?versionId=lUUQCdQbqW795NE.3ytv6Cu.7aHI4jsB

Thankfully Messi allowed mascherano to speak.

Mascherano  :bow: Finally he earns the respect and regonition he deserves, adjusting his game to suit Barca hasnt been easy.... will always remember Maradona's quote of having Mascherno and 10 others! Very Happy

Argentina GKs first when I watch the 1990 WC I think it was, they traditionally produce good GKs, for penalties also, Romero!  :bow: 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:13 am

A disappointing game, but with the attacking players the best players in both teams, I had a feeling both managers will take a cautious approach to quell those attacking players.

I thought Van Gaal made a mistake with his substitutions and XI:

- De Jong shouldn't have started if he wasn't fit to play the entire match.

- Indi didn't have a good game, but subbing a CB out at half-time is a wasted substitution, even if he's on a yellow.

- Subbing RVP off with the penalties looming.

Cillessen didn't save a single penalty even though he probably should have saved two of them. Had Van Gaal had a substitution left, he could have put Krul in goal again and I think he would have saved at least one of the penalties.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am

I think tactic wise it was a very good game - yet after germany - brazil a bit boring to watch...

Not sure though how van Gaal came up with this "cunning plan" of substitutions / the order in which the players where taking the penalties.

would have liked to see Holland- Germany on Sunday... can't get myself to like anything about Argentina (soccer wise)
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 am

Germany have revealed that their players were told not to embarrass Brazil by coasting through the second half of Tuesday's World Cup semifinal.

With Joachim Low's side having gone 5-0 in front before half an hour had been played on an astonishing night in Belo Horizonte, the players were told not to "ridicule" the shattered hosts after the break.

Team manager Oliver Bierhoff said he had urged them to continue to "play seriously," and two more goals were added as Germany won 7-1.

Bierhoff told German TV network ARD: "It was, at least in parts, a humiliation. At half-time, we told the players to be respectful with the result and not ridicule Brazil.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1943156/germany-players-told-not-to-ridicule-brazil

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:19 am

The behaviour that is truly disrespectful and humiliating is to go and tell something like that to the media.
Bierhoff No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 am

wrong thread though, maybe mods can move the two previous to Bra-Ger and delete this one
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:40 am

BarcaLearning wrote:

Dani I have been focusing on this for a few months now it is absolutely clear Messi is far from his best in terms of physique and overall it affects so many of his strengthens. Im suspecting its just natural aging + the injuries effect. IF thats true than I think Messi would need to change his game a bit and become more of a static player than in the past (in fact all his life), vastly different. What do you think about this?

Aging? The guy is 27 and should be in his prime now. Not like he is 33...
He just doesn't give two shits about defensive duties and chills up front all game.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:44 am

Mascherano is being wasted at CB for Barca, he should seriously think of moving and playing a DM again, he was brilliant last night..
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by darixanboy Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:51 am

Aging has nothing to do with age. Messi type players get everything at young age and they "age" early. Awards and titles makes them age early

In world cup he didnt age though. He was great in all matches. Yesterday even Pele would not do anything better. He was followed by holland players all the game. There was nothing he could do. But with this way he helps Argentina. Following Messi all game affected Holland,s game, they could not focus on their attack

darixanboy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:52 am

Art Morte wrote:A disappointing game, but with the attacking players the best players in both teams, I had a feeling both managers will take a cautious approach to quell those attacking players.

I thought Van Gaal made a mistake with his substitutions and XI:

- De Jong shouldn't have started if he wasn't fit to play the entire match.

- Indi didn't have a good game, but subbing a CB out at half-time is a wasted substitution, even if he's on a yellow.

- Subbing RVP off with the penalties looming.

Cillessen didn't save a single penalty even though he probably should have saved two of them. Had Van Gaal had a substitution left, he could have put Krul in goal again and I think he would have saved at least one of the penalties.

Disagree. De Jong was fit enough to play, if the game was different he might of stayed on. But Van Gaal saw how Messi wasnt bothered defending him and he was always free. Problem is De Jong isnt a progressive passer, Classsie is. That sub was actually excellent, it gave Holland more control straight away.

Saying BMI didnt have a good game was putting it lightly. He didnt cover Blind at all and that side was the only way Argentina were getting through.

RVP was ineffective and dead tired after "just" 90 minutes. He wanted to win the game, not go to pens.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:55 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
The Franchise wrote:The one thing I noticed, which doesnt surprise me, is just how poor Messi's conditioning is.

He was totally finished after 90 minutes, he was running on empty in that extra time...which in itself isnt totally shameful, but when you consider he only really moved with any true effort when he got the ball.

Dont think its as simple as just natural aging. He is 27. He is just lazy and dont want to put in the work required. If you dont press for 2 years, dont train for it for 2 years...of course your not going to be able to do it whenever you want.

Static player? This isnt the early 90's, there is no room for these in modern football unless your playing CB and holding midfield. He needs to sort himself out. Nothing has eroded skill wise, but his physical level is holding him down.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:59 am

It has nothing to do with aging, he should be in his prime now.
Messi is simply being lazy.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm

I think the fact that BMI was limping suggests that he was injured, so there that's why he was subbed at halftime
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next