sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Dayummmmmmmm Sri

I was being sarcastic, what a meltdown  rofl 

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Don't take it personally mate, there always seems to be some reason for some one to crib about something. Puh.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:56 pm

FFS!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

rofl 

anyway that rant comes a bit too early, you should save it for the annual Wenger out thread  :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Haven't seen a Wenger out since FA victory Very Happy
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:13 pm

it goes like this  :coffee: 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/p228x119/10505490_1112169822156566_542077238416725827_n.jpg
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Chumlum wrote:So anyway, Alexis/Debuchy/Ospina is a pretty solid haul so far. All the people who said Wenger is intrinsically cheap, that Özil was a lucky, last-minute desperation move and absolutely no more, sure are quiet these days, aren't they?

I'm looking around on twitter and on the forums and I just don't see these people ...  hmm 

That all said, I'm still feeling skeptical a DM will come in at all. I think Wenger will wait until next summer, when Arteta and/or Flamini likely move on. Love to be proven wrong here though.

Not bad at all and am hopeful for a better season. Unless we change pout formation I am not really sure that I would say we have massively strengthened though. I think that Alexis is a tremendous purchase. He does primarily play on the right wing though so what happens when him and Walcott are both healthy.Will either one of them work out and excel on the left or in the center. If Ospina (not on Arsenal.com yet) comes in that will solidify GK. Getting Debuchy was needed since Sagna left. Until I see him play a couple of games against quality opponents I will be a little concerned about his defensive capabilities. If he is too far forward without the closing speed and positioning of Sagna then Per is going to be left out by himself and he does have a weakness with that. I would actually be shocked if we got a pure DM. I just do not see Wenger playing with one. He seems to prefer playing a second box to box and Artetta is too slow these days to play the position against attack minded teams or teams that press him heavily. Oh and Diaby is like a new signing unless/when he breaks again. I am cautiously optimistic on our chances for next year. I had just left last season thinking that we needed to strengthen CF. Get a more natural left wing not another central mid playing there. Then hopefully upgrade the Artetta/Flamini position. Then adding in the bench positions needed.
Will there be a formation change to better fit the players we have? Is Alexis more than a luxury signing right winger and actually have the ability to be as good on the left or in the middle? Will Joel Campbell get an actual chance in the middle or on the left possibly.
Just waiting to see and hoping for the best.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_ wrote:Wenger no aceptó las concidiones del #Atleti para la cesión de Manquillo, pero tiene la solución en casa y con otro español: Héctor Bellerín
Wenger did not accept the terms of the #Atleti for the transfer of Manquillo, but has the solution in-house and with other Spanish: Héctor Bellerín

Kike Proud Arsene Proud Hector Proud
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Sport Bild: Gleich drei Premier-League-Klubs sind an Arsenals deutschem Talent Serge Gnabry interessiert: Newcastle, Southampton und Sunderland wollen den Flügelspieler für eine Saison ausleihen

Fwiw - Molecastle, Soton & Sunderland interested in season long loan for Gnabry.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:11 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Polditeaserbild

ffs rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:12 pm

"I didn't have to [try to convince Khedira to join Arsenal]," he told Sport Bild.

"Sami knows how much fun he could have with me, Mesut [Ozil] and Per [Mertesacker] at Arsenal. We had a great time together at the World Cup and I would like it very much if he comes to London."

-Podolski on Khedira
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:39 pm

MJGunner wrote:"I didn't have to [try to convince Khedira to join Arsenal]," he told Sport Bild.

"Sami knows how much fun he could have with me, Mesut [Ozil] and Per [Mertesacker] at Arsenal. We had a great time together at the World Cup and I would like it very much if he comes to London."

-Podolski on Khedira

I read that too on lol.com but I couldn't find it on Sport Bild online, although I stumbled upon the Gnabry stuff.. But a couple of other (random) German sites also have the same quotes.. Couldn't find a date on it either..

Anyway, his supposedly original German quotes are harmless banter stating IF Khedira joins, he will not be alone and has friends around.. IF.. The article also goes on to speculate that Chavs are priced out of Pogba and will try to sign him, since we can't match his 200m€ wage demands..

:coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Everyone who watched the academy games always said Eisfeld was not going to make it.

Hope he has a good career at Fulham.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:50 pm

@RobertoBonafont says Cavani's agent is in London pushing for a transfer.

Sky Sports say we're in for £15m Nastasic and that Roma and Inter are also interested.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 pm

would be encouraging but Sky sport know nothing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:15 pm

who in the world is robert bonafart
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:who in the world is robert bonafart

no idea lol

Cavani also said he thinks he'll stay but "you never know in the transfer window."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Thoughts on Nastasic everyone?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:26 pm

how about activating Bacca's Release clause? hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Arsenal ready to end midfielder transfer chase and make Jack Wilshere their anchorman

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-ready-end-midfielder-transfer-3902843

hmmmmmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:55 pm

So no striker no dm

Ffs. I give up
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:So no striker no dm

Ffs. I give up

Play time is over, we have already been spoiled with Sanchez, Debuchy and Ospina  :coffee: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 pm

I'd be worried that our midfield would be too light weight if we did that, but it's something I can see us doing. Wenger has said before that he sees Wilshere's best position as a deep midfield because he's better when facing the play and not with his back to goal, and as yet Wilshere hasn't developed into the attacking midfielder we all thought he would.

He's got the passing range, the ability to play under pressure, the tenacity and the aggressiveness to play the role, but he's got to learn how to be disciplined and how to position himself, and he won't have the power. So it's a risk; one I rather we didn't take when we've got the money to get a actual, honest-to-god defensive midfielder.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 pm

*sighs for twelve minutes*

although I'd be considerably less worried if Diaby could be guaranteed fitness for the entire season but we obviously can't depend on that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'd be worried that our midfield would be too light weight if we did that, but it's something I can see us doing. Wenger has said before that he sees Wilshere's best position as a deep midfield because he's better when facing the play and not with his back to goal, and as yet Wilshere hasn't developed into the attacking midfielder we all thought he would.

He's got the passing range, the ability to play under pressure, the tenacity and the aggressiveness to play the role, but he's got to learn how to be disciplined and how to position himself, and he won't have the power. So it's a risk; one I rather we didn't take when we've got the money to get a actual, honest-to-god defensive midfielder.

Yep, agreed with all of that.

It's a massive gamble. The one we should ONLY do it if there is no one available which shouldn't really be the case. There are quite few DMs we can target.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:07 pm

The last time Jack played defensive mid in a premier league game, we lost 3-1 and he was at fault for at least one of the goals.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next