neuro11
billy_gr
MaraVilla
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Claudio Bravo  - Page 3 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 11, 2015 5:14 pm

You seem to have a very short memory, or a selective one at least.

Valdes wasn't just a good shot stopper he was elite, saving Barca time and again with 1 on 1 save again and again.

Everybody remembers the Messi runs which lead to goals but nobody remembers the countless one on one saves against Drogba during the Ovrebo game and pretty much every other big game that mattered.

He saved Barca over and over in Clasico's, CL semis and finals to keep the games at 0-0 long enough to allow Messi and Co to score the goals.

It's quite sad that he'll never get the credit he deserves, average goalkeepers don't exist on great teams because great teams win and to win you can't have an average goalkeeper.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Valdes does get the credit he deserves among majority of real Barca fans.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 11, 2015 5:30 pm

linetty wrote:Valdes does get the credit he deserves among majority of real Barca fans.

Mainly meant in general tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

average goalkeepers don't exist on great teams because great teams win and to win you can't have an average goalkeeper.

Semantics then I guess. He was not a standout keeper like Buffon, Neuer, Schmeichel, Kahn, VdS, Cech or even Casillas. He was more in the bracket of someone like Claudio Bravo or Pepe Reina. Good goalkeepers. Or average ones, that's certainly what Bravo was for Sociedad, and error prone to boot, no Barca fan wanted him. Now he's breaking records with Barca. So I don't agree great teams can't have average goalkeepers.

Of course Valdes also had his moments. With over 500 appearances that's normal. I'm sure Manchester City fans will confirm that Joe Hart saved them many times as well. Not sure Joe Hart should be rated anything special though. In general Valdes had as many brainfarts as genius moments. I rate him similar to Pedro who also had many great moments, scored in countless Clasicos and a CL final. But ultimately not a great player individually.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Valdes did it in CL semi finals and finals as well as league defining clasico's though. Joe Hart done it in meaningless group games and against scrubs in november.

Quite the difference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Valdes was better than Bravo in my point opinion. Just for the fact he did more.

Or more accurately, maybe Bravo is just as good a goalie as Valdes (I dont know) but its really not even a question of who did more in a single season to me. Valdes had so much more to do and at his best did it well.

And this is from someone who truly doesnt rate Valdes so much and think he only truly had 3 great years in entire career.

Bravo is a fine goalie and has done little wrong, but still with this information I wouldnt have signed him.

Valdes didnt have the career of those goalies Futbal named, but there was a spell there he was much closer to those guys than Bravo ever has been.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Such a shame Valdes was injured last season after having the best form of his career. Firmly believe if he had stayed fit we would have won the league with 4 matchdays to spare.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Injured for 4 weeks.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:21 pm

I wonder if this opens the door for Masip to get any chances. Think he deserves better than 3rd choice goalie, even for us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 pm

That's what you wonder? Laughing I wonder how ter Stegen will perform and if he performs whether he will remain first choice. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 pm

FIFA virus!!!

MAtS please grab this chance. You're so cute.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:06 pm

futbol wrote:That's what you wonder? Laughing I wonder how ter Stegen will perform and if he performs whether he will remain first choice. Laughing

I dont wonder about that because I dont have that kind of false hope. It doesnt matter what MATS does, Bravo will take his place once he comes back.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Bravo feigning injury to protect his Liga clean sheet record. Laughing I was very much anticipating this. No doubt he will be back just before an home fixture against liga's cannon fodder.

Bravo has played his cards well. MAtS debuting away against Liga's third most lethal attack after an Intl break, I think we all know how this will unfold, I sure as hell do.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:38 pm

What am i seeing here?

Barca fans hating their Record breaking Goalkeeper with 22 clean sheets just because inferior Ter Stengen is their favorite. Thought Benzema fans were bad, not anymore. There is not a single reason why Bravo shouldnt be first choice.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Why would anyone hate him lol

What your saying dont make any sense adit.

I can only speak for myself, but from what I see is MATS is a more talented goalie in some key areas (distruibition and shot stopping) and merely needs the confidence and game time to be a goalkeeper for the next 10 seasons possibly.

Bravo has done nothing not to start, we all know this. But the fact he is starting is giving a serious risk to the future of MATS. If Bravo was the same age, nobody would care...but Bravo himself will be gone in a couple years and if MATS development is hindered we are left with another issue of finding a first choice goalie.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Adit wrote:What am i seeing here?

Barca fans hating their Record breaking Goalkeeper with 22 clean sheets just because inferior Ter Stengen is their favorite. Thought Benzema fans were bad, not anymore. There is not a single reason why Bravo shouldnt be first choice.

You are a madridista. Your opinion is invalid.

And take your transvestite avatar away from the barca boards.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:04 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:

your opinion is invalid too after your comments about Bravo feigning injury to avoid playing in a big game. its hillarious on so many levels.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Why would anyone hate him lol

What your saying dont make any sense adit.

I can only speak for myself, but from what I see is MATS is a more talented goalie in some key areas (distruibition and shot stopping) and merely needs the confidence and game time to be a goalkeeper for the next 10 seasons possibly.

Bravo has done nothing not to start, we all know this. But the fact he is starting is giving a serious risk to the future of MATS. If Bravo was the same age, nobody would care...but Bravo himself will be gone in a couple years and if MATS development is hindered we are left with another issue of finding a first choice goalie.

Bravo is the better shotstopper though, i think that is his strong point. I agree with Ter having edge in distribution by a fair margin.

Ter Stengen will play almost 18 CL and 8 copa Del rey games the minimum, that is 26 games only 12 less than Bravo so its not like Stengen is not being given a chance to perform and blow Bravo out and grab that starting spot his own. isnt that the law of nature? if you want to grab some ones job you have to simply perform better than them.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Thats your opinion, but I dont have the same opinion. I think MATS is a better shot stopper.

Playing only cup games wont do, it doesnt matter how many games it is. Its about playing consistently...Bravo plays with the regular backline more (as in number of games) but also more frequently (less time in between games).

Mats has no chance to outperform Bravo, thats obvious. Your never going to look better than a guy who barely has anything to do while you have to go against the best in the world.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Adit wrote:
À bout de souffle wrote:

your opinion is invalid too after your comments about Bravo feigning injury to avoid playing in a big game. its hillarious on so many levels.

Not hilarious at all.
Just as he was on course to levelling/beating his personal best(754 minutes unbeaten) from the start of last season, he so conveniently gets injured before a fixture where he's not coming out without conceding. He's very much protecting and hoping to extend his run this time around. And his pathetic media posturing is not unknown to the informed culé.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:43 pm

That's a weird way to look at it souffle lol

I don't think he cares about records. This injury might cost him first choice spot.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Also i don't think you can fake a 1 month injury Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Bravo-Ter Stegen is just Fabregas-Thiago 2.0, but not quite as bad.

In both cases, an equally capable if not better, older player is taking up a spot in the team that is preventing a younger, more talented player from getting the minutes he should be getting and stunting the development he could have. For what reason? It's not like we would really lose much if Thiago had been starting ahead of Fab (probably would have played even better imo) and likewise for Ter Stegen being ahead of Bravo.

I like Bravo but I'd rather see Ter Stegen in there and give him the minutes and the confidence and experience to eventually mould him into our next goalkeeper for the next 10 years rather than stick with the older Bravo who really isn't that much better and see MatS potentially leave.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:19 am

À bout de souffle wrote:

Not hilarious at all.
Just as he was on course to levelling/beating his personal best(754 minutes unbeaten) from the start of last season, he so conveniently gets injured before a fixture where he's not coming out without conceding. He's very much protecting and hoping to extend his run this time around. And his pathetic media posturing is not unknown to the informed culé.

do you understand that what you are saying makes no sense ... Wink if not, better take some rest ...

When he came, many doubted about his playing time. he took the little opportunity he got. even though everyone wanted Stegen to be tested more, no one could complain about his performance. The guy is a champion now, just won a treble (mind you not many keepers have that in cabinet) and won a Copa with his country. Now suddenly he would fake this for some childish records, at a cost of loosing the no.1 spot for the best team in the world Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Barcelona goalkeeper Bravo, who is recovering from a calf muscle injury, will be available for the game against Sevilla next week. [sport]

Las Palmas on the weekend and then Bravo is finally back to work.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Barcelona keeper Bravo (54) gave today more passes than Madrid forwards Ronaldo (44), Bale (41) and Benzema (26).

Great game by Bravo, bar that one mistake where he let the ball drop.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next