Mr Nick09
Kick
titosantill
halamadrid2
Onyx
54 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Adit Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:04 am

And it was Vasquez s man that scored. Atletico had 4 players in the box in a line waiting for the cross.. Are you telling me a ground cross was not going to end up in the net in such a situation? The sensible option was to not let the player cross.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Adit Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:10 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:While you have a good point, we had Di Maria in the same position and he had no trouble pushing up. Yes players can be tactically limited as far as what their team mates allow them to do, but some can bypass those limitations by their physical abilities, which is clearly not the case for Kroos.
I was thinking the same but Di Maria pushed up as a winger.. He just occupied the space CR left. He never contributed to midfield playmaking and possession keeping as Kroos is doing now anyway. He was an additional winger played to cover CR not exactly what we are intending to play now.

We could always play cheryshev as LCM and that will bring better defensive cover and also better width and attack but at the expense of match control.

Besides why are we trying to blame Kroos for the handicap caused by other players? Let's not take the tactical handicap lightly.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:31 am

I am not blaming anyone, just pointing out that the midfield as is, with lacks verticality. I could just as easily make the argument about modric lacking in final product.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Attainable Players that can play DM role

Jorginho
Alaba
Weigle
Blind
Kyrchiowak

Cb options

Koulibaly
John stones
Diego Llorente

Left back

Moreno
Ricardo Rodriguez
Wendell
Alaba

Striker options

Morata
Gameiro
Abumeyang
Benteke
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:37 pm

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/real-madrid-may-go-pogba-perez#:Rwfyju66FTxY8Q

"Pogba is a great player, but in midfield we have six great players, so I would not want to discuss speculation," Perez said.

"While he excites me, it is difficult to reach agreements if there are no termination clauses [in a player's contract].

"If a player such as him [Pogba] is available, we may go for him, but would have to reach an agreement.

"It is very difficult to bring someone [in]. I'll talk to [Zinedine] Zidane. Our obligation is to be much better every year. He will decide if we can get someone better than we have."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:35 pm

I would like Madrid to go for Javi Martinez for DM
phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:41 pm

I'd love to get Gameiro and he wont cost that much more than Morata. Not sure how he feels about being a back up. Lindelöf of Benfica is a CB that we have been following. He has the potential to be one of the best CBs in Europe. Just need to make the right career move. I think he is better than Varane, so if he leaves we have an excelleny option as replacement
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Lindelöf of Benfica is a CB that we have been following. He has the potential to be one of the best CBs in Europe. Just need to make the right career move. I think he is better than Varane, so if he leaves we have an excelleny option as replacement
He kinda reminds me of Ramos a bit, pacy athletic CB that's dangerous in the air and good on the ball. On top of that he's not hot headed, almost never loses his composure and is very well-rounded defensively. Very good going forward as well, can play RB and CDM if needed so i wouldn't mind his addition, would be a great rotation player and exciting prospect for the future. I might be a bit biased with the possibility of having a Swede in the team in mind although i will say that i think Varane is still is a bigger prospect.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:14 am

I don't trust Benfica or Porto CBs...  most if not all recently have turned out to be vastly overrated.  In fact, most of the players regardless of position have been vastly overrated coming out of that league.  Moutinho, Bernardo Silva, Ricardo Carvalho, Jackson Martinez, David Luiz, Mangala, Otamendi, Fernando, Danilo, Coentrao, Rolando, Hulk, Witsel, etc. etc.

The only guy that has turned out pretty much as a I expected recently is Guarin.  That's it. And he's by no means a WC player.

They cost a fortune to boot for no reason.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:43 am

sportsczy wrote:I don't trust Benfica or Porto CBs...  most if not all recently have turned out to be vastly overrated.  In fact, most of the players regardless of position have been vastly overrated coming out of that league.  Moutinho, Bernardo Silva, Ricardo Carvalho, Jackson Martinez, David Luiz, Mangala, Otamendi, Fernando, Danilo, Coentrao, Rolando, Hulk, Witsel, etc. etc.

The only guy that has turned out pretty much as a I expected recently is Guarin.  That's it. And he's by no means a WC player.

They cost a fortune to boot for no reason.

Coentrao and Carvalho do not belong on that list m8. You high?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 am

Wouldn't Pepe and Figo and Deco be on that list?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:23 am

Sorry... i meant Ivan Cavaleiro and my brain wrote Carvalho lol.

Carvalho, Deco, Figo...  this is 10-20+ years ago.  I'm talking recently.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:57 am

Lindelöf has only played in Benfica for a season. He gained prominence helping Sweden win the u21 EC. He is as legit as it gets. He is moving definately this summer, but where he goes depends on how much playing time he aspires to get. I hope Barca dont get him, Barca will become less exposed with him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:50 am

Marca

ZZ:Isco Disco is our player and will not leave Madrid. We have not heard anything from Juve, it has not been the time for that. We wil talk to him soon

ZZ: Morata has done very well at Juve, he has grown alot over there. Juve want him for one more year

ZZ: Pogba is a great player every team would want to have but we know Juve and what to expect

Nothing on James

He echoed what Perez said about Pogba being impossible since he is not for sale. He was coy about Morata. Maybe because he doesnt know whether he will be sold or come back

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:54 am

Some random swedish guy from benfica is better than the best CB in the world ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 am

Nobody said he is better than Pepe. While Varane couldnt defend against Castro from Betis Lindelöf helped Benfica win the league and to within touching distance of beating Bayern. He is better and less injury prone than Varane. He is going to show it this EC
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:05 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Nobody said he is better than Pepe. While Varane couldnt defend against Castro from Betis Lindelöf helped Benfica win the league and to within touching distance of beating Bayern. He is better and less injury prone than Varane. He is going to show it this EC

Varane is better than Pepe mate
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:10 am

Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Guys, who would you rather have as back-up, Morata or Chicharito? And also, how many of you think we should replace Benzema?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:27 pm

After reading what both Perez and Zidane had to say, I suspect they both are being careful not to reveal their hands. Bottom line I feel is there is interest in Pogba and Morata, but they are unsure if they can reach any deal with Juve. Perhaps even using Morata as a bargaining tool to get Pogba!

What I want to see more than anything else is to get the missing pieces, a DM, a CF and a LB with James and Arbeloa departing. All three should be capable of challenging the incumbents.

Then as both Perez and Zidane said, only sign someone, if it improves team. In other words if they find Pogba can be obtained and he is deemed better than Kroos or Isco, then Kroos or Isco has to go. Objective is if there is another signing beyond the three vacancies we have, then someone in same position as new signing has to go. We should have 2 players (plus the versatility we have) for every position.

What I want next, is for the backups to get up to 30% of the starts, plus I want to see regular subs, particularly with the forwards (both Benz and Bale now have injury history and Ronaldo needs to start reducing his playing time - in other words like pitchers in baseball, they need their minutes managed). In so doing, the reserve players can keep up their confidence, coach's faith and challenging the incumbents.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Hernandez can actually replace Benz, full stop. He isn't a scrub like Lewandowski or Higuain or his lesser Aguerlol.

Dont like the odds of his court case. If he is charged, replace him. If Acquitted, then find a backup.

Hernandez is our best bet imo. Cheapest and provides us with speed and relentless attacking. His game is more modern now.
Chicharito hernandez along with Aubameyang and Martial are one of the very few who can actually displace the benz in europe.

Morata? A waste of time, he had his chance. Let mayoral and that mariano kid have theirs.
Edit:: though this season was a triumphant one, it was also very chaotic. Shouldn't judge mayoral or any other youth product we have at the academy when they didnt get properly prepped. I hope this preseason we see Zidane prepping mayoral in particular for the backup role. We need more youth involved. Can't get another like vazquez without risks.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 pm

My most ideal and dream player to potentially replace Benzema would have been Higuain but in order to facilitate Higuain, I would have to rid myself of Cristiano which is definitely not my ideal move. Turok ain't the first person I heard say Javier has gotten a lot better with the ball (my Bundesliga watching best friend seems to be very vocal about that) and he actually can coincide with Ronaldo and Bale. So I wouldn't mind such a move.

Is Benzema a better footballer, definitely but I really think his ship is beginning to sale away from Madrid.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:34 pm

The only people tired of Benzema are the ones on this board it seems... the crowd applauds him and often standing applause to boot when he is subbed off. Flo and Zidane categorically kill any story about him leaving

Even Benzema himself cast aside any potential transfer.

I don't see a move there... and definitely not for Chicha or Higuain lol. Come on now. The idea is to improve if you change.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Spanish Twitter is throwing around news about Pogba at these hours. Don't see it unlikely that we sell James and use a good amount of that money to go for Alaba, Pogba, or whatever it is that we need.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 pm

Nobody wants Chicharito instead of Benzema, lol

Higuain would be a huge improvement though
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:59 pm

They basically have said none of the starters are going unless they can acquire someone better. I believe the only for sure exits are Arbeloa and James (if there are suitable offers) - apparently James has said he expects to move. The search is for backups CF, DM and LB.

They (Perez and Zidane) are being careful not to give any plans / thoughts away.

Trying to arrange something with Juve for Pogba makes sense and no doubt Barca are in there as well. we just have to wait and see.

As to Chicarito or Morata, I lean towards Morata as I feel after watching him a lot lately that he can be an impact sub. I wouldn't mind Hernandez either, but we must keep in mind we are talking about a reserve position. As I said earlier hopefully Zidane will manage Benz' minutes and give the reserve enough action both in occasional starts and sub activity, so that they can be effective when needed. NO doubt both have improved significantly since they left.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next