Another view on our squad

5 posters

Go down

Another view on our squad Empty Another view on our squad

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Not every Madrid player was born with the same passion for our club. Some of them have dreamt of wearing the Blanco shirt since their first footsteps on a football field, and others had this passion built in time.

Canteranos

Iker Casillas, nothing more can be said about him. A living legend, a myth, one of the best goalkeepers ever and the best of his generation, started his career at Real Madrid in 1990. 24 of his 33 years have been spent on the Bernabeu. Born in Mostoles, in a die hard madridista familiy, he is the third captain in football history to lift the World Cup, the European Cup and the European Championships. At this moment, our beloved Saint is fighting with history. Has broken records after records, and has become an icon of this legendary club over the years. Casillas is a pure madridista, a model and his legend will endure across future generations of talented footballers.

Jesus Fernandez, the 3rd goalkeeper is already at his 4th season in this shirt. Born in Madrid, he had started his carreer at Adarve, Villarreal and Getafe, before he made his debut for Numancia in Segunda. In 2010 he arrived at Real Madrid Castilla, where he represented the team on 60 occasions. He is said to have been an Atletico fan in childhood and even in his period at Adarve. The day he arrived at Real, he said that his dream has always been to train alongside his idol, Iker Casillas.

Diego Lopez, was born in Galicia, an anti-madridista zone. He arrived at Madrid at almost 19 and the passion he has for the Merengues can't be contested. While playing for Villarreal in 07-08, having finished on the 2nd place, he declared himself happy since Madrid won the league. In january 2013, he accepted a pay-cut for being able to play for his loved club.

Alvaro Arbeloa was born in Salamanca and has joined La Fabrica in 2000. He has dreamt all his life about playing for his beloved club. After years being away from Madrid, he came back in 2009, and since then, he has played his soul and body. Not the most capable, but clearly one of the most passionate players in our squad.

Just like Arbeloa, Nacho Fernandez, is also a born madridista. He was born in Madrid, his family is body and soul with Real. His similarities with Alvaro are frightening. Not the most talented, but his joy when played, which happens rarely, could be seen on his face.

Alvaro Morata draws similarities with the mythic Raul Gonzales. An Atletico fan through and through, arrived at Real in 2008, after spells at Atletico and Getafe. Today he is a madridista in it's pure sense.

Daniel Carvajal, born in the suburbs of Spain's capital illustrates perfectly the kid who had the dream of playing for Real Madrid. Since he was 7 years old he was joining his all-madridista father at matches at the Bernabeu. In 2002 he realised his half of his dream, being accepted at the Valdebebas. Since then, he has always dreamt of playing for the first team. After a spell in Germany, which helped Carvajal mature into the great player he is today, Dani came back and only looked forward. Not from a rich family, Dani will own that RB spot for years to come, and hopefully one day will captain his childhood club, the one he wants to retire from.

At only 21, Jese Rodriguez, is already an idol. Born in the Canarias, at 14 years of age, when he entered the gates of the Valdebebas, everyone one knew that they had a genius in their hands. Didn't have any particular idols, but has said that he always admired Raul Gonzales and Cristiano Ronaldo. Just like the portuguese is the leader of the current group of players, Jese is expected to lead the next generation of champions.

FOREIGN DREAMERS

Marcelo, wasn't really a die-hard madridista as a kid, but his passion for our legendary side-back, Roberto Carlos made it for him. As a kid, he used to watch all the matches because of Carlitos, and has always dreamt that one day he would run down that flank just like his idol. Today, Marcelo is the third captain, a fan favourite, and an important voice in the dressing room.

Cristiano Ronaldo, born in a poor family in Madeira, has always dreamt of playing for Real Madrid. Before his transfer, he told Manchester United's officials that if it was for him to leave, it would be only for Real Madrid. Today he is a symbol of what Real Madrid means, a character which represents the values of the biggest club in football. A madridista through and through, has already made public his intentions of retiring here.

'The Welsh Galactico', Gareth Bale isn't really a galactico. He doesn't think of himself of a star or anything. A humble guy, Cristiano's biggest fan, used to go to training in early 00's with Madrid's shirt with Teka scripted on it. When he heard about the interest Perez and co. hold for him, he has lost the plot. He even stopped going to training with Spurs. Since January 2013, he started telling the media about his childhood passion he holds for Real Madrid. On 24 may, The 'Welsh Galactico' has already fullfiled not only his dream, but also the dream of millions of people.

PLAYERS WHO HAVE BUILT THIS PASSION

Sergio Ramos, the 2nd captain, has never claimed that he was a fan as a child or anything. He has always said that his childhood dream was to play for Sevilla, the club were he started his career in 1996. Bought in 2005, the only Spaniard bought in Perez' first era, was seen from the start as the Fernando Hierro's heir. He has collected 9 seasons as a blanco and expects to finish his career here. At the moment, there is no player in the dressing room, not even the man himself, Iker Casillas, who has the same passion and would fight with the same hunger as Sergio for this club, a modern day Juanito. World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, La Liga winner, but until 24 may, his career wasn't complete. He didn't have 'La Decima' tattooed on his body. Criticised but never whistled, after the disaster from 2012, he promised that he would bring La Decima home. And he did it. He was the reason. The main reason.

Pepe hadn't had any connection with the club before he came, but today, his love for the crest can be seen in every match. Hated on basically any stadium, by any rivals, by any fans, the Bernabeu loves him, and considers him a fighter and a winner.

Karim Benzema wasn't a Madridista as a child. He was a Ronaldo fan. With posters of Ronaldo and Zidane in his room, he developed this virus in the Galacticos period. Just like Cristiano Ronaldo, he told OL's officials that he would leave only for Real Madrid. One of Perez' favorites, even in his worst moments, he was declared non-transferable. And it was worth it, since he played a major part in our dream.

PROFESSIONALS

The true leader of our team, is Xabi Alonso, the clock from Tolosa. He's not a Madrid fan, he's a winner. His heart is divided in two parts: Liverpool and San Sebastian. It's even said that when he was younger, he didn't even like Madrid, but his dedication, and profesionalism, made him the Madridista he is today, one who wants to retire on the Bernabeu.

Sami Khedira's bound with Real Madrid hadn't even existed before his transfer. A calculated and quiet guy came at Jose Mourinho's order. He's probably the kind of player every coach likes, a winner in it's pure sense. The Bernabeu likes him because of his attitude, both on and off the pitch.

Rafa Varane has grown as a LOSC Lille die-hard fan, the local team of his native city. He didn't represent Lille at the highest level, thing that he wanted to do the most. Instead, he was called by a certain mister Zinedine Zidane to come to Madrid. Rafa didn't hesitate and just like Marcelo is seen as a canterano by the fans. Just after his first match in the pre-season(at just 18), he won the hearts of the Bernabeu, who knew that they had a jewel in their hands. Alongside Jese and Carvajal, he is expected to lead the next generation of talented merengues. A future all-time great, he has announced that he is living a dream that he doesn't want to wake up from.

Casemiro came from Brazil, and firstly played for Castilla. Just like Varane he is seen as a canterano and has already said that inside he feels deeply Madridista. After being asked about how he feels about not getting playing time, he said that many players would like to be in his position, and that one that he will prove his worth.  A room from his home is especially dedicated to Real Madrid, he never misses Castilla matches and when he has time he goes to see the basketball team. As a child he was a Sao Paulo fan, but today, there aren't many players who love Los Blancos more than he does.

THE REST

Fabio Coentrao, is a born 'Aguia'. After many years spent at Rio Ave, he realised his dream of playing for Benfica. After many calls from big English teams, Mourinho conviced him to join Madrid. A big Figo fan, he said that he used to watch Madrid matches as a child just to see his idol. Not liked by many fans, when he played he has always given his all. One thing that I appreciate at Coentrao, personally, is his winning spirit.

Luka Modric declared himself on numerous occasions, just like the ex-Madrid player Mesut Ozil, a Blaugrana fan. He arrived in Madrid in 2012, and wasn't appreciated from the start. Ancelotti was the turning point in his career on the Bernabeu. His determination, his talent, his professionalism, transformed him into a fan-favorite, the Bernabeu even starting to chant his name. Now, Luka is a Madridista through and through, fact demonstrated especially after the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona, when he wrote on Twitter 'Madrid is more than everything'.

Asier Illarramendi, the kid who is expected to take the DLP position from Xabi, declared that he wants to finish his career at Real Sociedad. Born in Mutriku, in a basque family, he was an idol in San Sebastian. Today, he isn't that simpatised in the Basque country, but he is liked by the Bernabeu fans.

Isco is a great talent. Named the best U21 player in 2013, he is known to be both a Malaga and a Barcelona fan. But still, he won over the fans from the start, with his magic feet and desire to win. At his presentation he refused to kiss the crest, since he considered it to be a fake gesture. He said that he will do it when he will feel that it's the right time. He is part of the future of our club and the next great Spanish midfielder.

Sources: many  Razz
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Another view on our squad Empty Re: Another view on our squad

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Great read. Carvajal's story symbolises everything about Madrid. Hopefully in ten years time this kid will get the captains armband, he has all the qualities to be a leader
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 28, 2014 2:01 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Great read. Carvajal's story symbolises everything about Madrid. Hopefully in ten years time this kid will get the captains armband, he has all the qualities to be a leader

Calm down fella. Based on what? Laughing

Do you reckon Madrid will get Suarez? I think Lewandowski would have been the best striker Madrid could have gotten tbh. The guy is the most complete striker in Europe by a mile.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 28, 2014 2:14 pm

jibers wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Great read. Carvajal's story symbolises everything about Madrid. Hopefully in ten years time this kid will get the captains armband, he has all the qualities to be a leader

Do you reckon Madrid will get Suarez? I think Lewandowski would have been the best striker Madrid could have gotten tbh. The guy is the most complete striker in Europe by a mile.

Everything about him just reminds me of a great leader

We will get either Suarez or Falcao I think. Perez loves Falcao they hung out when Falcao was in Madrid, so it wouldn't surprise me if we got him if he had a great WC. If it were up to me I'd give Benzema another season, can't be arsed to wait another year for a guy to adapt to our team and the culture. Rather get the depth signings we need and start the journey to retain the CL and win the league
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
jibers wrote:

Everything about him just reminds me of a great leader

We will get either Suarez or Falcao I think. Perez loves Falcao they hung out when Falcao was in Madrid, so it wouldn't surprise me if we got him if he had a great WC. If it were up to me I'd give Benzema another season,  can't be arsed to wait another year for a guy to adapt to our team and the culture. Rather get the depth signings we need and start the journey to retain the CL and win the league

I honestly don't think Kun would be great. He won't be good uptop by himself in a 433 imo. He needs a strike partner
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Who mentioned Kun hmm

Falcao on the other hand I don't even rate and never did so for the money we will splash on him it's not going to be worth it and Suarez is going to cost us no less than 70 million so screw him as well. If we can get an old back up striker I think we can make do with Benzema leading the line
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Who mentioned Kun hmm

Falcao on the other hand I don't even rate and never did so for the money we will splash on him it's not going to be worth it and Suarez is going to cost us no less than 70 million so screw him as well. If we can get an old back up striker I think we can make do with Benzema leading the line

I would keep Benzema tbh. What striker would wan to be back up? Pizzaro would have been a good steal imo.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Well I have Eto or Klose in mind. One is going for free while the other would come in cheap. I can't think of anyone else that would fit the bill
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Fair enough. What central cm would you want? The way your team plays the only other mf I can see that could make it better are Vidal and Rakitic, but where would that leave Angel? It all depends on what you want to do with him. And what about Isco? Iscois better playing just off the striker or on the left. What happens to him?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 28, 2014 3:07 pm

what we lacked this season was depth especially after Khedira and Jese went out injured for nearly the whole season. When one of our starting CMs did not play we had to play players out of position to accomodate. We need depth and Rakitic is perfect for that because he can easily play DiMaria's position wheras I can see Isco and Modric rotating for the other spot.

I think we might be getting Vidal/Pogba for the CDM role, both are physical and athletic which we were in need of this season but I worry about their passing abilities because we all know why Khedira has not worked for us and they will also be able to play CM when we need them but what would happen to Illarra if they came I'll never know because we got him to replace Xabi.

So far it points toward we will be getting Rakitic, Iturbe and possible Pogba/Vidal/Veratti. That would be a successful summer imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 28, 2014 4:00 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:what we lacked this season was depth especially after Khedira and Jese went out injured for nearly the whole season. When one of our starting CMs did not play we had to play players out of position to accomodate. We need depth and Rakitic is perfect for that because he can easily play DiMaria's position wheras I can see Isco and Modric rotating for the other spot.

I think we might be getting Vidal/Pogba for the CDM role, both are physical and athletic which we were in need of this season but I worry about their passing abilities because we all know why Khedira has not worked for us and they will also be able to play CM when we need them but what would happen to Illarra if they came I'll never know because we got him to replace Xabi.

So far it points toward we will be getting Rakitic, Iturbe and possible Pogba/Vidal/Veratti. That would be a successful summer imo

Vidal is not a dm though and you would limit his game if he just sat in front of the defence. Illaramendi should be given a chance imo
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm

there is no smoke without fire. I can't fathom for the life of me why else we'd want him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Pepe was a Madrid fan as a kid. He actually traded the fish he was supposed to bring back to his home for a Madrid shirt as a kid.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu May 29, 2014 3:34 am

dont know about modric and ozil being barca fans but
isnt isco the barca fan?
Cyborg
Cyborg