matpol
Arsenalfaithfull
Onyx
98 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

World Cup: Group D discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: World Cup: Group D discussion

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 pm

unbelievable.now this garbage team is alive in the WC.

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Ganso wrote:unbelievable.now this garbage team is alive in the WC.

This thread isn't about Brazil.
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Magic Spray wrote:
Ganso wrote:unbelievable.now this garbage team is alive in the WC.

This thread isn't about Brazil.
yes, it's about Uruguay.I can read
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:04 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:We can't defend at all, and don't have the cohesive attack that'll allow us to just outscore opponents. Every goal we've conceded in this tournament has been a product of shoddy defending; players not stopping crosses, players not marking runners, lack of concentration, lack of organisation, etc. Give top strikers like Balotelli and Suarez chances like those and they take them.

Offensive problems are obvious. We've got a front four that's too detached from the midfield two, meaning we can't sustain pressure, and the front four itself is wasteful. There's a CF on one wing and another CF playing on the other wing or behind the striker. Actual midfielders and creative talent is sat on the bench and brought on the in the second half as it becomes obvious the initial team is failing.

Hodgson's team selections have been an absolute joke. What do you get from Welbeck on the left? What do you get from Rooney on the left or behind the striker? How has he not seen that at Liverpool Gerrard and Henderson always have a third midfielder to help them? He took the right squad, but now that we're here he's ballsed up completely.

Now need Italy to beat Costa Rica and Uruguay, and for us to beat Costa Rica to go through. Can't see it happening somehow.

This.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Atrocious defending. That was more like the England we have known from over the years I suppose.

But they are still in it and they must bloody thank Costa Rica for that. :coffee:
Italy probably will end up with 9 points beating Uruguay as well and what that means its gonna GDs which will decide the other team.  Surprised  So yea England may need to win big in the next one. And if England and Rica gets tied on GD, England will go through I suppose.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm

World Cup: Group D discussion - Page 14 Anguish

Just as when i start believing in the national team again they revert back to f*cking type. Why the f*ck we changed anything from the Italy game is beyond me.

That was all perfectly fine, but nah we must play Rooney in his "best position" World Cup: Group D discussion - Page 14 Anguish f*ck that noise, because of that change we had absolutely no midfield with a massive gap between Gerrard and the rest of the team and the fear i had going into the tournament was on full display tonight.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Horrendous stuff from Roy Hodgson. Even if we completely ignore his first team selection, he has international and CL level players on the bench yet who does he bring on? Barkley, Lallana and Lambert, none of them have any experience at this level, did he really expect a positive change after bringing these guys on?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Funny thing is, Rooney really upped his game in the second half; might have had something to do with Uruguay's midfield sitting deeper. But yeah, completely asinine to swap Sterling and Rooney around just so Rooney can play in his perceived best position. Sterling wasn't anywhere near as involved on the right side as he was in the centre against Italy.

Classic case of accommodating the big name at the detriment of the team.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:We can't defend at all, and don't have the cohesive attack that'll allow us to just outscore opponents. Every goal we've conceded in this tournament has been a product of shoddy defending; players not stopping crosses, players not marking runners, lack of concentration, lack of organisation, etc. Give top strikers like Balotelli and Suarez chances like those and they take them.

Offensive problems are obvious. We've got a front four that's too detached from the midfield two, meaning we can't sustain pressure, and the front four itself is wasteful. There's a CF on one wing and another CF playing on the other wing or behind the striker. Actual midfielders and creative talent is sat on the bench and brought on the in the second half as it becomes obvious the initial team is failing.

Hodgson's team selections have been an absolute joke. What do you get from Welbeck on the left? What do you get from Rooney on the left or behind the striker? How has he not seen that at Liverpool Gerrard and Henderson always have a third midfielder to help them? He took the right squad, but now that we're here he's ballsed up completely.

Now need Italy to beat Costa Rica and Uruguay, and for us to beat Costa Rica to go through. Can't see it happening somehow.

Or Joel Campbell will get a couple before Wenger ships him off to finish is contract on loan.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 pm

England can be officially eliminated tomorrow if Italy and Costa Rica draws.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 pm

World Cup: Group D discussion - Page 14 IzjOU0RSUFzbC
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

World Cup: Group D discussion - Page 14 Fanstasma-del-50-desde-el-Corcovado
he lives
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 pm

People realizing its Roy's fault now. Thank god.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:25 pm

but but but but but GL told me that Suarez doesn't do it in big games hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Jay has summarised well but Let me rant anyways.

Roy is a poor manager. He has never had any relevant success over his 30 years of managing teams across Europe. He is basically a poor version of Moyes because Moyes is actually good at sticking to his principles and plays the way he thinks the team can at least get something out of the game.

I know England are lacking proper english managers and i absolutely can't believe I am saying this and this might just be me losing it but Harry Redknapp would have done better with this team. We would at least play good football under him if anything.

Our first mistake was to move Rooney back in the 10. Like I said earlier on, Rooney is an awful no 10. He has no positional sense of how to be a 10. That's exactly like Cesc playing in CM for Barcelona. Both are great players but both are NOT good in other positions despite people claiming them to be. Rooney is a 9. He was decent when he started playing more and more forward. His goal came due to his strikers instincts. With him as a 10, we are basically playing a 4-2-4.

4-2-4 would work if the midfield duo are actually decent. Gerrard was terrible again. Henderson has no role in this team. I don't know why he plays and what is he supposed to do. Both of their club form is great, but neither of them have replicated it for England. Liverpool fans say that they both work better with another midfielder and I agree that the midfield would have been better with Wilshere/Barkley as a CAM in a 4-3-3 but that doesn't change the fact how bad individually they were anyways. Specially the backpass off Gerrard. I don't understand what the f he was trying to do.

Welbeck at LW is another LOLworthy selection. That's Roy living in the 60s.

Bigger LOL at bringing in Lambert at the end. He isn't a game changer. He needs service and when uruguay are sitting deep, he was useless and probably touched the ball once. Not his fault, blaming it on Roy.

This is why I said it in the England thread. Time to retire all of the old timers. No need for them anymore. We will struggle at first with lack of experience, but it can't be this bad. Also I hope Roy is writing his resignation as we speak.

Obviously there is a slim chance of us going through. But then what? I don't think we will survive Colombia's attack if we go through. We will end up being embarrassed eventually by someone else like in 2010.

Same old shit really.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 pm

England Excuses:

The food was spicy
It was too hot
It was too sunny
What's this tootpaste thing......

-25% trolling

LOL Smile 

Last edited by sbaggio on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Problem with tonight is Roy only looked at all the positives versus Italia (rightfully so) yet FAILED to evolve upon what could have been built upon what should have been done better.

-Deployment let alone the use of Danny Welbeck, an utterly worthless player.

-Allowing Henderson immense freedom in which Gerrard is forced to play a role in which has been well documented on how uncomfortable he is in. Gerrard versus Italia and tonight completed his role in distribution to create width and space yet if you are forced defensively in the positions that he was (without protection) than you're bound to make a mistake sooner or later especially if you do not have the legs to recover. Henderson who was decent vs Italia quite clearly lacks a role in this team.

-Using Wayne Rooney. He simply is not on the same mental wavelength as England as the media centring around his circus does not help what is a very interdependent England; quite frankly the player is past it.

-Since Gerrard was forced deep in his role you have creativity in the bench in the form of Jack Wilshere and Ross Barkley who cause problems by their movement alone, instead the use of an overrated Lallana was completely out of synch with how England played, was a square peg in a round hole.

-Deploying Sterling in the role that took his influence out in the 2nd half versus Italia rather than the incredibly liberal role that troubled the Azzuri in the first half.

The team at times just lacks a cohesive structure which is a problem of maybe too much width (causing cavernous gaps on both ends) yet the penetration also was lacking since England lacked a sole reference point to centre around or at least an AM to lead the direct line. Gerrard's mistake at the moment is hyperbole by default as such is the attention towards him Post-LFC vs Chelsea slip yet the defensive recovery versus Suarez was not noted nor was Cahill ball watching and failing to close down the Uruguayan. Fullbacks such as Baines (who was decent compared to versus Italia) and Johnson (who was even worse tonight) are not good enough for England. Yet in all the blame of Gerrard or Liverpool players, I hope the more sensible ones will realize that your manager simply never was good enough for the Three Lions (I've been criticized for saying this) as better options were available then as they are now.

There is STILL a chance as we've seen bigger things in the game.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:37 pm

World Cup: Group D discussion - Page 14 Attachment
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Watched the Game next to some Liverpool fans, big mistake. Now I know how Juve fans feel, hands down the most detestable fans in England.

Last edited by 1991 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:but but but but but GL told me that Suarez doesn't do it in big games hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Simple thing is English managers just aren't good enough. England naturally don't have the technical ability, big game mentality or the winning mentality that other teams do. England need a foreign manager. Not just any foreign manager, but someone who has a clear way of playing and someone who knows how modern football is played.

After Hodgson, who are the possible English candidates to become the new manager? Redknapp, Allardyce, Bruce? None of them are good enough.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 pm

1991 wrote:Watched the Game next to some Liverpool fans, big mistake. Now I know how Juve fans feel, hands down the most detestable fans in England.

Reported
Enjoy your perma-ban near Badger you absolute clown.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Simple thing is English managers just aren't good enough. England naturally don't have the technical ability, big game mentality or the winning mentality that other teams do. England need a foreign manager. Not just any foreign manager, but someone who has a clear way of playing and someone who knows how modern football is played.

After Hodgson, who are the possible English candidates to become the new manager? Redknapp, Allardyce, Bruce? None of them are good enough.

Vicente Del Bosque might become available hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Suarez on beating #ENG: "I dreamt this. I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go."

:bow: :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Suarez on beating #ENG: "I dreamt this. I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go."

:bow: :bow:

he said criticism Uruguay received, not him.

if anything he is a god in Uruguay.dude was on a wheelchair a few weeks ago
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Poor Suarez.

I suppose a racist and a cannibal should not be criticized.

Everything he was criticized for was absolutely just, as was the praise he got by the same media.

He's such a sensitive baby.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next