Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Well in the TV show her bro beat The Mountain in a shitty jousting tournament didn't he? But that means nothing

Also, Brienne beat him (forget his name) in a sword fight tournament in the show as well.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Definitely The Mountain for me, when they fought in season 1 it certainly looked like The Mountain was going to win until Robert stepped up.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Not sure if anyone else is going to answer. So we've got Hound 2-2 Mountian

Next up

Prime Barristan Selmy vs Bron the Sell Sword
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 23, 2014 9:27 pm

God Tier:
The Mountain
Pre-handcut Jaimie
Jon Snow

A Tier:
The Hound
Locke
Jorah Mormont
Daario Naharis
Bronn

B Tier:
Ser Barristan
Karl Tanner
Brienne
Meryn Trant
Grey Worm

Too lazy to think up of characters for the C tier hmm

inb4igetflamed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 9:29 pm

LMAO ES that is the worst list in history.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 pm

McAgger wrote:Not sure if anyone else is going to answer. So we've got Hound 2-2 Mountian

Next up

Prime Barristan Selmy vs Bron the Sell Sword

Barristan Selmy by a mile.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 23, 2014 9:40 pm

How in the world is Jon Snow God tier lol. Meryn fckin Trant, Locke, ES pls.

This discussion is better suited for the other thread but since McAgger did not finish the last book I'll post what I think the top in Westeros history on here.

Prince Aemon, The Dragonknight
Ser Duncan The Tall
Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword Of The Morning
Ser Barristan Selmy
Daemon Blackfyre
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Barristan Selmy is the most respected knight in Westeros, in his prime he destroys Bronn imo.

As for Jon Snow in God Tier Laughing, maybe in the future, he's still a boy. Couldn't beat the fookin' legend let alone the very best.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Jon Snow was getting his ass handed to him a couple of episodes ago. Got saved by Crastors woman
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Didn't know that Ser Barristan was the best knight in Westeros, i only knew that he was Hand of the king previously. Plus, he's quite old so i didn't know where to put him,

As for Jon, i'll change him then hmm

God Tier:
The Mountain
Pre-handcut Jaimie
Ser Barristan

A Tier:
The Hound
Locke
Jorah Mormont
Daario Naharis
Bronn

B Tier:
Jon Snow
Karl Tanner
Brienne
Meryn Trant
Grey Worm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Barristan Selmy was never ever the Hand Of the King. He was Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Loras Tyrell should definitely be in A Tier. And Prime Robert Barratheon, Oberyn Martell and Khal Drogo too. Jon Snow is nowhere near Brienne btw, defo a tier below her.

The Hound: "Any boy whore with a sword could kill three Meryn Trants."

That should give you and idea about him.

Last edited by M99 on Fri May 23, 2014 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Could've sworn Ser Barristan was mentioned as serving as Hand of the King in one of the GoT in-depth backstory vids  scratch 

Haven't seen Oberyn in a fight yet but there is some hype surrounding him.

Dunno about The Hound's credibility when it comes to rating swordsman, he is a good fighter but i dunno if he said that out of spite hmm , anyways i'll change the list tomorrow
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 10:09 pm

M99 wrote:How in the world is Jon Snow God tier lol. Meryn fckin Trant, Locke, ES pls.

This discussion is better suited for the other thread but since McAgger did not finish the last book I'll post what I think the top  in Westeros history on here.

Ser Duncan The Tall
Ser Barristan Selmy
Daemon Blackfyre

It was said that the Last Dargon Rhaegar Targaryan would have given Arthur Dayne a run for his money.

Robert Baratheon in his prime killed Rhaegar in the Battle of the Trident. Ned Stark was never said to be any worse than Robert. Ned always praised Barristan to be one of the best. It's really tough to call. It's like one cancels the other out.

I agree that Dragonknight is the goatest of all though.

And also a lot of these guys never heard of Khal Drogo who is probably one of the greatest Dothraki warriors ever.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 10:11 pm

ALright here's another good one

Jaqen H'gar vs Daario Naharis
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 pm

McAgger wrote:
M99 wrote:How in the world is Jon Snow God tier lol. Meryn fckin Trant, Locke, ES pls.

This discussion is better suited for the other thread but since McAgger did not finish the last book I'll post what I think the top  in Westeros history on here.

Ser Duncan The Tall
Ser Barristan Selmy
Daemon Blackfyre

It was said that the Last Dargon Rhaegar Targaryan would have given Arthur Dayne a run for his money.

Robert Baratheon in his prime killed Rhaegar in the Battle of the Trident. Ned Stark was never said to be any worse than Robert. Ned always praised Barristan to be one of the best. It's really tough to call. It's like one cancels the other out.

I agree that Dragonknight is the goatest of all though.

And also a lot of these guys never heard of Khal Drogo who is probably one of the greatest Dothraki warriors ever.

Rhaegars beat Arthur Dayne on a jousting tourney. They never met on the real battlefield as they were on the same side but I think Arthur is definitely better than him. Everyone regards him as the best knight of his generation.

I don't know where that info on Ned Stark came from. GRRM said that Ned is a capable fighter and not one of the GOATs like Rhaegar, Barristan or Robert. His strengths lied in leadership and strategy which made him one of the best commanders in Westeros. His rivals as a commander are Randyll Tarly and Stannis Barratheon. His elder brother Brandon was said to be a fierce warrior.

My top 5 is only based on Westeros. Drogo is a GOAT definitely.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 10:59 pm

I'm not saying Rhaegar is better than Arthur Dayne. I'm saying your jumping to conclusion too quick when you say Ser Dayne is better. It's very hard to call since they never met in an actual fight. And Robert did defeat Rhaegar.

As for Ned Stark. I'm only bringing it up because as I recall Robert himself said to Ned that he was every inch as good as him.

So between the 4 there's a interconnected web which makes it difficult to call.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 23, 2014 11:30 pm

McAgger where are you with the books?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 11:34 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:McAgger where are you with the books?

I'm done with the first 3. Halfway through both 4 and 5. Was reading simultaneously since the chronological order jumps between the two books. This was back in spring of 2013 Laughing Since then I've reread A Storm of Swords and still haven't gotten back to 4 and 5.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 am

McAgger wrote:I'm not saying Rhaegar is better than Arthur Dayne. I'm saying your jumping to conclusion too quick when you say Ser Dayne is better. It's very hard to call since they never met in an actual fight. And Robert did defeat Rhaegar.

As for Ned Stark. I'm only bringing it up because as I recall Robert himself said to Ned that he was every inch as good as him.

So between the 4 there's a interconnected web which makes it difficult to call.

It's pretty clear that Arthur Dayne was better than everyone of his generation. Everyone who knew him (Ned, Jaime, Barristan etc) calls him the best knight they ever saw.

I don't recall Robert ever praising Ned's fighting skills. He does say that Ned won him the war which is true as he was commander of the Northern rebels and they won all battles they fought in.

Comparing all four of them it is like Arthur>Robert>Rhaegar>Ned.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Why didn't Ned take the throne for himself after the mad kings death?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 24, 2014 1:29 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Why didn't Ned take the throne for himself after the mad kings death?

Robert's grandmother was a Targaryen so he had the best claim to the throne out of the three of him, Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. Besides Ned never wanted the throne and Robert was a great lord, very charismatic and a feared warrior. Most people wanted him as king as he was better suited to take the throne over the other two. Lyanna Stark's death drove him to depression and he became a fat drunk in his later years while the kingdom was ruled by Jon Arryn and Stannis.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat May 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Its between Ned, The Hound and The Mountain for me...Ned isn't cocky and is simply smart as to not flaunt his skills unlike most of the other choices I could name which makes me think he is very good. He even pointed it out to Jaime if I'm not mistaken.

Although in the end he can't fight with his head on a pike.

Last edited by nichabr on Sat May 24, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 24, 2014 4:09 pm

M99 wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:Why didn't Ned take the throne for himself after the mad kings death?

Robert's grandmother was a Targaryen so he had the best claim to the throne out of the three of him, Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. Besides Ned never wanted the throne and Robert was a great lord, very charismatic and a feared warrior. Most people wanted him as king as he was better suited to take the throne over the other two. Lyanna Stark's death drove him to depression and he became a fat drunk in his later years while the kingdom was ruled by Jon Arryn and Stannis.

Just to add to that, Robert didn't want to be king either and was kinda forced to.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 24, 2014 7:58 pm

https://i.imgur.com/Iu4TD3L.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun May 25, 2014 10:23 am

Just based on the shows:

God Tier:
-The Mountain
-Prime Jamie
-Barristan Selmy
-Khal Drogo

Demi-God Tier:
-The Hound
-Bronn
-Daario Naeharis
-Ned Stark

If any God Tier guy fought any Demi god tier though it could still go either way thats how close it is, but the God tier guy would be the expected one to win.

Then after them, Brienne, Jorah, Jon Snow, Grey Worm, Meryn Trant, Stannis, and Loras Tyrell I see as all around the same level and everyone else is a step below. Might be forgetting a character or two.

Oberyn, Robb Stark, Robert Baratheon, Tywin, and the assassin guy are hard to rank cuz I havent seen much of them or at least dont remember much.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Calma.
Oberyn's time is coming.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next