VendettaRed07
BeautifulGame
BarcaLearning
Art Morte
61 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

In which month will Moyes get sacked?

David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 9 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 44

David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Empty Re: David Moyes sacked

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Arguments in moyes favour:

A) He inherited players that were on the decline. The fact that they were champions last season just covers that up.
B) He didn't have time to build his own team. He should have more time to get rid of the players that don't want to play for him and bring in players that he wants who will suit how he wants to play.

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fußball wrote:Let's imagine he gets sacked (pls no Sad). Who would become his successor? There are some low-profile quality coaches around like Valverde but I can't imagine United appointing a foreigner who doesn't even speak the language. Would they be interested in someone like De Boer? And who will make the decision? Fergie again? hmm

One rumour was Giggs  rofl 

Rooney to be officially made player-manager :coffee:

That is awesome to see isnt it especially as Liverpool fan  Laughing I also wouldnt imagine the fans turning on Fergie, but it goes to show that Man U fans are just that pathetic  Laughing 

As the others mentioned, sacking him now would look even worst without a proper replacement, Im sure the club has a lot more power than to satisfy the fans anger so soon.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:22 pm

My doubts about our ability to pick a good manager after Moyes are probably as big as my doubts about Moyes becoming a success here eventually. There is no guarantee that the joke of a hiring process that occurred the first time around won't occur again. God knows who we'll end up with. I feel like SBC and SAF would really like to have a British manager and there aren't many good British managers around right now, is there?

`But no matter how badly Moyes has done , I dont think flying a plane over old trafford calling for him to be sacked is in good taste ....

David Moyes sacked - Page 2 Moyes12
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:29 pm

He will be given 3 seasons imo.. If he wins nothing he will be sacked, if he wins the FA Cup or something he will stay on
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:39 pm

He will be gone in June ..

Didn't want him from the start, but after he took over I was prepared to give him time (to win me over rather then me lose him). Never really got close to convincing me he was the right man, and the decisive point were the back to back home defeats at the start of December to Everton and Newcastle, especially after Newcastle. You'd expect a reaction after losing 1-0 at Old Trafford, but that Newcastle game was one of the worse games I've ever seen from United. No heart, no fight, thoroughly out played in our own backyard by a regular mid table team, and not for the first time this season.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RED wrote:Hopefully after Bayern thrash us 7-0 next week.

sorry but I have to spoil your hope. We rarely thrash teams 7-0, especially in the CL.

It'll be closer than everyone claims.

Haven't you heard about Moyes and his records?  Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:53 pm

I say we'll win 2-1 at Old Trafford, while having 97% possession. Rooney to score from 65 meters, as Neuer is somewhere around the middle circle.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Blame Fergie! United chiefs believe Sir Alex left cupboard bare for beleaguered Moyes

Manchester United's patience with David Moyes derives from misgivings over Sir Alex Ferguson's legacy

United fans are growing disillusioned with new boss
But the club's board are willing to stick by their man

Sportsmail understands Ed Woodward believes the set-up Moyes inherited wasn't fit for purpose

Manchester United's patience with manager David Moyes is being driven by an increasing belief that he was handed a questionable behind-the-scenes legacy by his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson.
One club source said post-Ferguson, ‘it was like looking behind the curtain of the Wizard of Oz and seeing there was nothing there to work with’.
United fans have grown increasingly disillusioned with Moyes in recent days as a disappointing season got a lot worse with 3-0 home defeats by Liverpool and Manchester City.

The United board and in particular the owners the Glazer family will only stand so many dreadful performances on the field and next week’s daunting Champions League tie against Bayern Munich may prove decisive in terms of Moyes’s future.
However, Sportsmail understands that one reason why chief executive Ed Woodward and fellow board members are giving Moyes so much time and patience is that they feel he inherited a set-up from Ferguson that was not fit for purpose at Barclays Premier League level.
Nobody at the club wants publicly to sully Ferguson’s legacy, given that his 27-year reign lifted United from oblivion to the summit of European football. He also left Moyes a squad that had just won the league by 11 points.
But it has since emerged that he ran United’s football operation in such a closed-off way that the board believe the task of restructuring required to bring it up to speed with the rest of Europe’s top clubs is much harder than expected.

Moyes has begun the process — especially in terms of scouting and recruitment — but Woodward believes the job of doing this has influenced the dismal events on the field. This is why the club wants — if at all possible — to give Moyes the summer to put his own plans into action and recruit his own players.
United know this strategy is not without risk and further bad results may force their hand. They plan to spend up to £200million on new players and nobody can blame recent bad performances on anyone but the man in charge.
Nevertheless, the United source said: ‘Sir Alex had such a hold on the club that he was left to get on with it. His methods worked for him.
‘It was always known that David would have things to address behind the scenes but there has been much, much more and it has taken longer than was anticipated.’

Moyes had a three-hour meeting with Woodward last week, the day after United beat Olympiacos 3-0 in the Champions League to set up next week’s clash with old foes Bayern.
A sign of growing divisions among supporters is that one group have raised £840 to fly a plane over Old Trafford during the match with Aston Villa tomorrow with the banner: ‘Wrong One — Moyes Out’.
This is a direct challenge to the Stretford End Flags group, who have refused to take down their ‘Chosen One’ banner inside the ground.
If Moyes survives the turbulent days ahead, he has a list of players he wishes to move out of the club. These include midfielders Anderson, Nani and Wilfried Zaha and defender Alexander Buttner.
Moyes will also listen to good offers for Darren Fletcher, Tom Cleverley, Shinji Kagawa and Javier Hernandez. Meanwhile, Nemanja Vidic is leaving for Inter Milan and Moyes expects to lose Patrice Evra to Serie A and Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs to retirement.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591130/Blame-Fergie-United-chiefs-believe-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-left-cupboard-bare-David-Moyes.html
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I say we'll win 2-1 at Old Trafford, while having 97% possession. Rooney to score from 65 meters, as Neuer is somewhere around the middle circle.

I admire you for being humble, but lets get real. Both City and Liverpool beat us 3-0 comfortably, and Bayern are on another level to both teams, so expect to double their scoreline. It will be 0-6 imo
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Red, I'm not being humble about how strongly I think we'll dominate, hence the 97% joke.

However at the moment, the amount of control we have does result in success, stability and consistency, but usually not in a festival of goals.
We're too rarely really brilliant in the final ball for that.
At the moment.

That's why I said it will not be the crazy thrashing everyone is predicting, just because they have a preconceived notion of how we are the 'best team' etc pp and because of the Barca thing last year.
If you look closely, it's VERY probable we progress but not at all as probable it will be with an remarkably high margin.

Also I'd rather we don't blow you into outer space as I've grown very fond of Moysie and don't want him to be out of arguments.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Red, I'm not being humble about how strongly I think we'll dominate, hence the 97% joke.

However at the moment, the amount of control we have does result in success, stability and consistency, but usually not in a festival of goals.
We're too rarely really brilliant in the final ball for that.
At the moment.

That's why I said it will not be the crazy thrashing everyone is predicting, just because they have a preconceived notion of how we are the 'best team' etc pp and because of the Barca thing last year.
If you look closely, it's VERY probable we progress but not at all as probable it will be with an remarkably high margin.

Also I'd rather we don't blow you into outer space as I've grown very fond of Moysie and don't want him to be out of arguments.

You're underestimating just how hopelessly sh*t we are.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:00 pm

haha, I've seen a lot of Utd games this season, believe me I know Very Happy

But you have to keep in mind those veteran players who don't really care for Moysie, and all the confusion and frustration that leads to you life- and toothlessly losing home games in the league, all that might not apply for our tie.
A lot of players will want to show Europe what they're capable of as some of them might want to be employed elsewhere in summer Wink

Plus you really got nothing to lose, noone will be betting a dime on you progressing, so psychologically that's good.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:haha, I've seen a lot of Utd games this season, believe me I know Very Happy

But you have to keep in mind those veteran players who don't really care for Moysie, and all the confusion and frustration that leads to you life- and toothlessly losing home games in the league, all that might not apply for our tie.
A lot of players will want to show Europe what they're capable of as some of them might want to be employed elsewhere in summer Wink

Plus you really got nothing to lose, noone will be betting a dime on you progressing, so psychologically that's good.

The team is in such dissaray. If they can't be motivated to play Liverpool and City, then what hope do they have of turning up against Bayern?

Regardless of not having anything to lose, being underdogs and whatnot, it is just not enough for this team right now. Moyes has sucked the life out of these players' confidence and the evidence is damning.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:52 am

Basically has began the process of digging his own grave. Said even SAF "would struggle with this lot". Every back page in England is running with the story.

The man has lost the plot
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:01 am

Loving United falling apart. Hopefully they lose again

Stay for 20+ years Moyes :bow:

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 am

Won't be sacked unless he fails next year.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:56 am

jibers wrote:Loving United falling apart. Hopefully they lose again

Stay for 20+ years Moyes :bow:

Proud

Wasn't EPL United's to lose this season ?  banana

Long live Moysie
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:14 pm

RED wrote:Basically has began the process of digging his own grave. Said even SAF "would struggle with this lot". Every back page in England is running with the story.

I'm pretty sure he didn't use the words 'this lot', but still this stuff is getting very close to public suicide.

I'm getting REALLY worried now, the LAST thing I want is for him to be fired in the next couple of days and your team having the usual 'hooray we're free' reaction and shorttime performance explosion AGAINST US :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:39 pm

rofl Im sure Moyes has all best intentions, unless he really is sick of the job or something. But also time and again his comments are just not very diplomatic and not sure if this side of him is good enough for Man U as well, his comments are quite funny at times  Very Happy 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:32 pm

RED wrote:Basically has began the process of digging his own grave. Said even SAF "would struggle with this lot". Every back page in England is running with the story.

If he continues to vent like that, he will only succeed in alienating the faction of United supporters that are still behind him.

That said, this is quintessential David Moyes. How many times did he bemoan his situation at Everton? The details may be different now, but the rhetoric is essentially the same. "If 'X' was different, this would be a top side." "No one else could do better, given 'Y'." Moyes really is the master at framing his situation.

At Everton, the complaint was always the resources of the club. Of course, there is some grain of truth to his complaints. However, Roberto Martinez is showing that Moyes is far from the only man capable of achieving "miracles" on a shoe-string budget. Moreover, he's doing it with decidedly more verve and swagger.

At United, he's chosen the squad as his scapegoat, and again, there is a hint of truth to it. I do believe that Fergie left last season after realizing the amount of work it would take to remold their current squad into a true European contender. However, the fact remains that these players are the same squad that won the Premier League at a trot last season. Furthermore, Moyes has had two transfer windows (and spent ~£70m) to begin reshaping the squad.

Frankly, I think the United board and supporters have been incredibly patient and understanding of the task that's in front of Moyes. That he is now claiming the squad is holding him/United back (implying that he hasn't had the time or opportunity to change it) is utterly unbelievable. He's had two transfer windows to stamp his mark on this club, and he's made two moves. Most managers in big jobs would only get one before being seriously questioned. He's spent ~£70m. An outlay of such proportion is an unobtainable dream for most managers around the world.

Really, David? Even Sir Alex would struggle with 'this lot'?

Come off it...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Relax guys,remember,this is a 6 year project.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 pm

David Moyes is being placed under greater pressure at Manchester United as the club's owners, the Glazer family, are demanding Europa League qualification, club sources have told ESPN.

United no longer have any realistic hopes of qualifying for next season's Champions League, but reaching UEFA's second-tier tournament is still very much a possibility.

While sources say the manager has not been given anything like an ultimatum, reaching European competition is now seen by the club's owners as a major target for the remainder of the season.

Although there is an external perception that a lack of continental football may actually aid the side next season, as has been the case in this campaign with Liverpool's title challenge, that is not the view at the top levels of the club. The Glazers see such games as exceptionally significant in terms of revenue, particularly given the level of attendance that United usually guarantee.

Club sources have told ESPN that the "cold reality" of failing to qualify for the Champions League has hit the owners since last month's quarter-final elimination by Bayern Munich, with Moyes' situation now having changed again since the initial last-16 victory over Olympiakos.

The 3-0 second-leg win in that tie seemed to have secured Moyes' status, but it is understood his position is no longer quite so safe.

While, according to sources, he is not "on the brink of the brink," as was the case following the 2-0 first-leg defeat to the Greek side, a summer sacking is still far from unthinkable.

That latest shift reflects some of the debate that has gone at boardroom level regarding Moyes' performance, and the way the pendulum of opinion has swung.

ESPN has been told doubts first properly grew among the hierarchy after January's 2-1 FA Cup defeat at home to Swansea City, which was the initial point at which key figures had even contemplated that the manager's tenure perhaps should not be as long term as initially anticipated. Since then, the Glazers have also taken a much more active interest in weekly performance.

United's form has picked up in the last month, however, with three wins in their last four Premier League games and a respectable showing against Bayern in the Champions League.

That has moved them to within three points of sixth-placed Tottenham with a game in hand, not to mention a vastly superior goal difference.

Seventh place would be enough for United to qualify for the Europa League in the event of Arsenal winning the FA Cup but finishing fifth.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Looks like our fun is at an end.

@MOgdenTelegraph: Moyes to be sacked

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 1m
End of the road for Moyes at #mufc: if you lose the dressing-room, you either sell the players or sack the manager. Cheaper to sack manager

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Surprised really. Should have gone for a more proven manager if they wanted instant success.

Although it's only a few newspapers reporting it right now so might not be true.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Basically the entire british media of any relevance is reporting it.

Also Mark Ogden from the Telegraph from the first tweet i posted is as reliable as it gets as far as Man Yoo news goes.

He's gone.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:46 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sad No 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next