VendettaRed07
The_Badger
Yeezus
30 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Biggest night in handegg - Page 7 Empty Re: Biggest night in handegg

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:05 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:You know I'm like an old personDani when it comes to these things. You gotta look after your grandpaDani and hook me up with the links...I might even need instructions on how to install flash or whatever they're calling it these days.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 am

Le Samourai wrote:
This is more popular in America than the NBA? I am truly disappoint.

Plus, this is a final and it seems like they getting blown out lol.

Game was an anomaly tbh. There hadn't been a blow out since 03 really. It just wasn't a good game, at all.

Denver embarrassed themselves.

I prefer the NBA but the NFL is still entertaining(most games). I use the DVR and ff through commercials normally

and the commercials sucked also, one of the worst SBs in recent memory
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:57 am

Didn't watch the game, but WTF Denver?

Looks like I got 50 bucks to pay up :facepalm:

A sure thing, they said........Manning has it in the bag, they said..........

Mad Mad
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:12 pm

WTF was this... I thought Broncos would take this.

Isn't Peyton Manning supposed to be the shit? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:55 pm

El Gunner wrote:WTF was this... I thought Broncos would take this.

Biggest night in handegg - Page 7 1618580_10152004364968371_530860521_n

Explains everything hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:21 pm

This game was an example of one of my biggest issues with this sport. Dominant wins are unwatchable. When A team takes over, how slow it is, and the constant breaks in the actions become painfully more apparent. The sport is balanced to make it so stuff like this happens as infrequently as possible, but I think there's something wrong with the sport if the result is the only thing that makes it fun to watch. Those last minute win/lose scenarios are everything.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Yeah I'm not a fan of American Football and never will be. Like any sport, it's the 'us against them' mentality that makes it interesting to watch and the emphasis on tactics is intriguing, but as a spectacle it is incredibly boring if you don't care about the result and it's nearly impossible not to be annoyed by the people who talk about it all day every day.

That being said, I did enjoy the game last night. Not because it was a good game, but because I chose to root for the Broncos in a drinking game my friends and I were having and it became quite funny how often I had to drink. I knew it would be a rough one when right before the game I said 'a safety against your team means you have to chug a beer' and then that was the first thing that happened Laughing
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:WTF was this... I thought Broncos would take this.

Biggest night in handegg - Page 7 1618580_10152004364968371_530860521_n

Explains everything hmm
rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Anyway, Manning is still the season MVP. Still the trillest footballer in the Football League of America Laughing I don't even watch NFL, but Peyton Manning is my hero because he is Peyton Manning and Denver Broncos are my favourite team because I like the name Denver Broncos. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 pm

CBarca wrote:Dom, I didn't watch the Superbowl for the most part. Maybe 15 minutes at most. Anyway, I think they manage to get more commercials in the Superbowl, but I wouldn't be the one to ask because I didn't really watch it.

I agree the NFL is incredibly boring. The only games I can watch are Packers games, for obvious reasons, and even then not only do I really only watch about a third of our games, but of the games I do watch I really only watch about half the game. Commercials in the NFL are awful.

I enjoy low scoring American football games over high scoring ones though. For me a 17-10 >>> something quite high any day of the week. Not that I watch American football much though.

i thought the same. as soon as i started spending times with folks here in Seattle, NFL really got into me. it really is a fun sport. you just need to spend couple of months then you will know it.

European football or formula 1 is the world's best sport but NFL is great fun too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:51 pm

I just want to say again, that Denver loss is not solely because of Manning. The defense was weak, the offense their biggest asset was not efficient at all. That's how good Seattle's Defense was and importantly how prepared they were compared to denver. I still am getting used to NFL, but if you want every NFL in season games, its never one side dominating the other. teams are so competitive that couple of times field goal decide the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:16 pm

I told everyone of my friends that Seahawks would pummel Broncos, and they kept laughing at me. That joy I felt Proud
#LOB pls
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:50 am

This is the reason i find it horribly boring to spectate this sport.

Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:37 am

You see the thing that's great about sports is, you can choose whether you want to watch them or not. Crazy I know.

and that "chart" is a parody. Not only that, whoever made it is horribly misinformed. There's 30-40 minutes of game time and this is proven.

Not only that, but it counts time after a play/before the snap as "standing around", it's not. Adjustments, pre snap reads, audibles, are far from standing around. That's the game within the game.

That'd be like me making up a chart on footy and saying every non-goal scoring opportunity is standing around. Which would be, what 85%+. Just as inaccurate.

Make up pie charts to with no backing to try to convince people their opinions are wrong, brehs
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:42 am

where is your proof or atleast source it is parody? from where i've seen it's in espn, bleacher, and a bunch other credible sources..
sorry buddy i am going to take their word over yours.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:43 am

dmize wrote:You see the thing that's great about sports is, you can choose whether you want to watch them or not. Crazy I know.

and that "chart" is a parody. Not only that, whoever made it is horribly misinformed. There's 30-40 minutes of game time and this is proven.

Not only that, but it counts time after a play/before the snap as "standing around", it's not. Adjustments, pre snap reads, audibles, are far from standing around. That's the game within the game.

That'd be like me making up a chart on footy and saying every non-goal scoring opportunity is standing around. Which would be, what 85%+. Just as inaccurate.

Make up pie charts to with no backing to try to convince people their opinions are wrong, brehs

Proud

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:53 am

Donuts wrote:where is your proof or atleast source it is parody? from where i've seen it's in espn, bleacher, and a bunch other credible sources..

Oh, it was on bleacher report, why didn't you say so? Nothing says credibility like BleacherReport

And it wasn't on ESPN, if it was post the link.

I watch the games.

American football is a strategic sport. After the snap they aren't "standing around". They're calling plays, reading the defense, adjusting/calling an audible based on what the defense does, sending the receivers in motion, telling their OL when to snap the ball, whether it's a hard count, calling out the mike, who's going to blitz, etc, etc, etc.

Why do non-american football fans always feel the need to try to convince others that it's boring. Just don't watch it and keep it moving

edit: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-biggest-lies-everyone-tells-about-super-bowl/
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:46 am

dmize wrote:
Donuts wrote:where is your proof or atleast source it is parody? from where i've seen it's in espn, bleacher, and a bunch other credible sources..

Oh, it was on bleacher report, why didn't you say so? Nothing says credibility like BleacherReport

I watch the games.

American football is a strategic sport. After the snap they aren't "standing around". They're calling plays, reading the defense, adjusting/calling an audible based on what the defense does, sending the receivers in motion, telling their OL when to snap the ball, whether it's a hard count, calling out the mike, who's going to blitz, etc, etc, etc.

Why do non-american football fans always feel the need to try to convince others that it's boring. Just don't watch it and keep it moving

edit: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-biggest-lies-everyone-tells-about-super-bowl/

Agreed. lts all in context. Sure its boring if you don't like the teams, know the exact rules, history of rivalries, records, statistics.. Rarity or difficulty of certain plays, etc.

l'd argue all sports are boring completely void of context. Hence why many americans say "soccer" is boring.. They don't know the players, teams history, relevence of matches, or how the leagues work...Same goes for people in europe... Don't really know the teams, players, league structure, don't have friends that talk about it, or care about the results, etc...Sports are boring when you don't know whats going on.

l have made my case that l don't quite like American football as much as football because how entertaining it is relies almost 100% on the the competitive, back and forth, close score, we can win on this drive if we do this, or get an onside kick or w/e... But thats what l like about it as well, as it creates a lot of insane scenarios and amazing comebacks, or interesting set ups, etc... When thats not there and one team takes control, for me at least things fall apart, but when it is there isn't much better.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:59 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:
dmize wrote:

I watch the games.

Agreed. lts all in context. Sure its boring if you don't like the teams, know the exact rules, history of rivalries, records, statistics.. Rarity or difficulty of certain plays, etc.

l'd argue all sports are boring completely void of context. Hence why many americans say "soccer" is boring.. They don't know the players, teams history, relevence of matches, or how the leagues work...Same goes for people in europe... Don't really know the teams, players, league structure, don't have friends that talk about it, or care about the results, etc...Sports are boring when you don't know whats going on.

l have made my case that l don't quite like American football as much as football because how entertaining it is relies almost 100% on the the competitive, back and forth, close score, we can win on this drive if we do this, or get an onside kick or w/e... But thats what l like about it as well, as it creates a lot of insane scenarios and amazing comebacks, or interesting set ups, etc... When thats not there and one team takes control, for me at least things fall apart, but when it is there isn't much better.

Same I like football better than american overall, but I still find NFL to be very entertaining.

It's one of those where you're not going to like it after watching just one game. Most likely you're probably more confused after one game than you were before.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:12 am

My personal philosophy is people can like they want, and I certainly wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything in this thread. It's not all about excitement either, I mean, I like football more than basketball. But I find Basketball the most exciting sport nonetheless, but respect the fluidity of football more.

Anyway, I got a pretty good grasp of it toward the end, still incomplete, but I understood the goals of the teams, and most of the mechanisms being used to achieve them. The actual play was not what bothered me, that itself was intriguing (obviously mildly, because the Broncos were looking like school children, but the point is I see how it could be intriguing).

My problem was the commercials and the standing still. Yea, they're doing stuff while they're standing still, communicating, reading, whatever, but I feel as though I miss out on most of that, because you're just not on the field playing the game.

So yea, what I can't wrap my mind around is it's general appeal as a product versus the alternatives, particularly basketball. I can't think that so many people just plain disagree with me, and just naturally prefer to watch this. Has to be a social element there, or something else.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:46 am

lts very social, honestly. So much of it about its building up and tearing down of heros. The media does as much as it can to turn every QB match up to be a Ronaldo vs. Messi type bout.

When you care about a team or want to see a certain result its so different. l understand how horrible it can be from a perspective that doesn't quite see the value of the action that goes on, and one that totally is immersed in the drama because you know the shit storm thats going to unleash the next day if event x, or y happens. lt really just takes the right mindset l suppose, and whether or not its worth it to put in the effort to get there l suppose is up to the person.. Though lts understandable why lt perhaps may not be to everyone. lm actually really suprised based on lts complexity and the general impactience of the american audience when lt comes to everything else in our culture that it ever reached the heights that lt did but its just one of those things l suppose.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Finally, someone fixed the title.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 pm

prob rg
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Another funny thing which I just realized is that most people I spoke with thought Denver would be the ones owning the Seahawks. I can't remember the last Super Bowl I watched which was so one sided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7