billy_gr
eelir
Harmonica
danyjr
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:27 am

I really dont see what Alves or Busquets have done wrong. Their performances are incrementally different from other seasons, if in fact different at all.

While not having their best seasons ever obviously, they look fine to me.

And is Cesc better or just playing up front in Messi absence? Looks like the latter to me.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21

Post by danyjr Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:28 am

With all due respect, I don't find Alves the player he used to be. Whether it is mental or physical I'm not sure but I only rarely see glimpses of arguably the best RB of the last 5-6 years. Of course class is permanent and every now and again you witness his world class performances but he hasn't been consistent in that regard. Apart from his fantastic work rate I see him contribute to little else in attack or defence.

The way I see it, Busquets is struggling to play a higher tempo game. His passing accuracy hasn't been what it used to be, although one may argue he's had to take more risks with his passing as Martino has tried to make him contribute more in attack, something he rarely did during the Guardiola era (apart from the initial build up play). Not to mention he's a player who's been playing playing a ton of matches since he was 21. That is a lot to ask of him.

Cesc did blossom in Messi's absence but generally he has contributed to more than previous seasons. He is allowed to play to his strengths, and the team also plays in a way at times to utilise his world class vision and play-making. Of course he will never be Barcelona's main man for attacking and his style is not fit for Cruyffist die-hards but certainly gives Barça a weapon that none other than Messi in the squad can provide.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 am

Alves has lost that last bit of aggressiveness in the final third. Those Xavi over the top balls with Dani making a run behind the last line of defense have disappeared almost completely and it's not because of Xavi. Because with Montoya we still see those balls (Montoya then just messes up the final ball in). He used to be a 20+ assist player. That is gone now. He's still playing at a very high level but I don't think he's worth the wages he's on anymore. If PSG want him for € 15M+ they can have him as far as I am concerned. Throw Montoya in. He will improve his final ball with more game time.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

I do like Montoya, but only as a third choice. He should be given more play time in the stupid games like the one starting today vs Levante, but he has a LOT to improve with his first touch and keeping cool in the box. Also, defensively he is not that special.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2