Red Alert
Art Morte
iftikhar
Helmer
McAgger
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th Empty Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Late thread this week

Our record against Stoke since their promotion in the 13 games that we have played them is 5 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses. At the Britannia we have won only once and that was under Kenny in the League Cup with the Suarez brace. It's high time to end our bogey run in that god forsaken place.

Pulis is gone and apparently Stoke are trying to play football this season. I remember them from our opening day match and they looked like the same Stoke to me then but I guess that was only the first match of the season so Hughes hadn't had the chance to stamp his authority on their play just then.

Their best player Agent Assaidi won't be available, likewise their second best player Begovic will be missing out. Their second gk Sorensen is also injured so Butland will probably play. And finally Robert 'the thug' Huth might miss the match as well. So I guess you can say we have some luck on our side.

We have Sturridge back and in contention to might possibly even start the match. Sterling, Hendo and Suarez are on blistering form. Sakho might just be back as well.

If there was ever a best time to play these c*nts then it is this weekend. Although we shouldn't forget that they've only lost once at the Britannia this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th Empty Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 pm

I am not convinced by Gerrard and Lucas together in the MF, i know we have had a whole thread on this. But even against Oldham, as soon as Gerrard came off we  could break the their build with relative ease otherwise they were running through us like a knife in butter. Because the way Stoke are playing this season, i think we need to keep more of the ball. I have no doubts that we unlock their defence few times.

I dont think we will start Kelly but if Johnson doesnt show any signs of improvement, i would substitute him for Kelly early in 2nd half. Kelly looked comfortable on the ball, picking out very neat passes, also tried to provide that outlet to get  the ball out. Although he did go down just by heading the ball when he was playing at CB Laughing . This is a good time to use Kelly when Gelno isnt so exciting.

Assaidi wont play :bow: biggest advantage cheers
Btw, Stoke have lost to only ManUtd scums at home from few top teams, drew aganst ManCity, Everton, Southampton and beat Chelsea Shocked If we win this one, I have no doubt that we will finish in top 4.

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th Empty Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 am

Stoke at home: Win: 4 (including Chelsea), Draw: 5 (including City & Everton), Loss: 1
EPL since December: Win: 2 (including Chelsea), Draw: 3 (including Everton), Loss: 2
Against T8: Win: 1 (at home with Chelsea), Draw: 2 (at home with City & Everton), Loss: 6 (all away)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:24 am

Yeah, Stoke have been very good at home and we have been a bit disappointing on the road, this is definitely a tough game.

I'm curious to see how Charlie Adam does, I suppose he's been having a fairly good season, four goals in the league means he is their highest scorer, one above their main (and pretty much only) striker Crouch. So if they score there's a fair chance it will be one of these ex-Pool players...

Also curious to see how N'zonzi does in their midfield, definitely one of their better players.

Anyway, three points from this game would be mini-massive. Yes, you can say that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 am

Let Sterling make runs behind their defence, he will finish at least 1 from 10 chances he will get. Suarez/Sturridge will score a brilliant goal and we will surely concede one goal at least, so just make sure that we dont concede another one and 3 points in the pocket

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:47 pm

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Well some good news regarding injuries there, Sakho will be on the bench at least going from what BR said, Sturridge trained all week like we already know.

Agger sadly will be out for 3-4 weeks.
Flanno, Allen, and Enrique progressing accordingly as well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:43 am

We'll beat them if we play our game and on our terms. Play defensive, and look for the counter and we'll lose out. Like we normally do.

Anyway, pre match facts:

Stoke have won 3 and lost none of their last 5 BPL home meetings with Liverpool (drawed 2) winning the last 3 in a row.

Just 5 of Luis Suarez' 20 league goals this season have been scored away from Anfield. *Blaming that counter-attacking crap. It leaves him isolated up front... especially when Daniel son doesn't play. Sad*

The Uruguayan's first PL goal for Liverpool came in his debut which was against Stoke City. He has failed to score in the three league appearances against the Potters since. (Someone tell him it's a cup game!)

Liverpool have scored first in their last 7 matches.

Loanee Assaidi, who will miss the game against his parent club, has scored 3 of Stoke's last 5 goals in the league.

Mark Hughes' side are unbeaten in their last 7 home games, winning 3 of those. (D4)

The Potters are one of the two teams yet to score a headed goal in the PL this season along with West Ham. (WTF!)

No team has conceded more headed goals than Stoke this season (7; along with Newcastle and Fulham)

Liverpool have scored 31 goals in the first half of games this season, 12 more than Stoke have managed in total.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:27 am

Is/should Sturridge start? I don't want to rush him specially when half the season remaining. I would prefer him coming off the bench for 15-30 minutes. I think we should start like this:

----------Mignolet----------
Johnson-Toure-Skrtel-Cissoko
-------Lucas--Gerrard-------
Raheem-Henderson-Coutinho
-----------Suarez-----------

Bench: Jones, Kelly, Shako, Alberto, Moses, Aspas, Sturridge
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:05 am

iftikhar wrote:Is/should Sturridge start? I don't want to rush him specially when half the season remaining. I would prefer him coming off the bench for 15-30 minutes. I think we should start like this:

----------Mignolet----------
Johnson-Toure-Skrtel-Cissoko
-------Lucas--Gerrard-------
Raheem-Henderson-Coutinho
-----------Suarez-----------

Bench: Jones, Kelly, Shako, Alberto, Moses, Aspas, Sturridge

Proud

Ps. It's Sakho. And that line-up looks fine.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:35 am

we are frrracking 6th in the table and that's scary, we must win this one

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:43 am

:brickwall: 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:36 am

I know RedO what you want to say and I know what I wrote, just a momentary reaction after seeing the table  drunken 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:10 am

We will be back 4th tomorrow breaking the Spurs/Everton hearts Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 am

Come on SAS, fix our dreadful away record please! Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:28 am

Need at least a draw, a win would be huge. We were top of the table on Christmas, I don't want to be 6th and possibly as much as 9 pts (if Arsenal beat Villa) from the top just four rounds later.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am

yeah we tend to do good when under pressure in such a position

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:26 pm

btw, why is it showing 17.10 a starting time for the game, it seems weird scratch

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Every were i look seems the start time is 10 past.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm

I googled the explanation for that and funnily enough it's because the game actually starts 10 past.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:40 pm

10 or 10 past . . . LETS WIN THIS THING!!!!!

Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th ***%2520BESTPIX%2520***%2520Everton%2520v%2520Liverpool%2520-%2520Premier%2520League-1405325
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:47 pm

LFC starting XI: Mignolet, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

LFC Subs: Ward, Kelly, Ibe, Aspas, Moses, Sturridge, Alberto.

Some decent options in the bench! A lot of pace there!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:53 pm

only 1 defender on the bench scratch seems like a plan for
3-5-2 later in the game

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Nice to see that Ibe is on the bench.

Come on, let's do this!!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next