Nishankly
Arquitecto
Red Alert
RedOranje
iftikhar
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21) Empty Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21)

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Now that we have our nose in-fron in the race for Carling Cup final, it should fire-up the boys for our next game against Stoke. And fired-up they should be, as Stoke is just two places (8th) & five points (29) away from us. This will be our fifth game in 15 days, some thing not pleasent for the squad. However, there is a week's break before the next game.

Stoke in last five games:
ManC: 0-3 (EPL)
Villa: 0-0 (EPL)
Wigan: 2-2 (EPL)
Blackburn: 2-1 (EPL)
Gillingham: 3-1 (FA Cup)

Possible line-up!!!
------------Reina------------
Glen-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
------Spearing-Adam------
Bellamy-Gerrard-Downing
------------Carroll-----------

If Spearing isn't available, no clue how our team will look like. Do you suppose Coats can do a stand-in job!!! I remember Carragher once played couple of matches as DM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21) Empty Re: Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21)

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 pm

I'd rather see Kelly at CDM than Coates. He's more mobile and better on the ball.

That said, Stoke will likely come to Anfield ready to sit deep and defend, so we may be able to get away with using a more attacking pair in CM (not that Spearing isn't good going forward, I think he's underrated there actually, but you get my point).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21) Empty Re: Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21)

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 am

I really hate how defenders are deemed good enough to play in a DM role because they're good with the ball in their feet. Just no. But I hate myself so I'm going to say put Aurelio there. He's done the role before.

Won't be suprised if we play a 352 for this. Pass and move. Stoke are going to put 8 men behind the ball, we need to play a deep defensive line. That Jones guy is quick. ._.

We'll get a penalty. Gerrard will convert. He'll go 3 goals in 4 games in 2012. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

Great job ifthi.

Aside from the fact that Howard the Manc will be the ref is quite blinding obvious this will be a tough match considering our difficulties against purely physical sides along with the fact that its Stoke.

But since its at anfield and Stoke are generally poor away, I have a good feeling today and here is how I would line-up.

4-2-3-1
Doni
Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Jose

Adam-Aurelio(Spearo?)

Downing-Gerrard-Maxi
Carroll

First glaring omission is Jay Spearing who apparently has disappeared out of Merseyside since his injuries as his report is an anomaly. If he is injured, I would place the technically brilliant Aurelio to compliment Adam and hold the anchoring role.

Downing on the right solely because I prefer him there. Why? Although he is left-footed, on the right he cuts in more and passes within the box and generally is more dangerous down that flank along with the fact that he crosses WAY too much into the box on the left. Also, Bellamy played the whole game against City and with his shot up knee, he must be rested for at least a bench role.

Gerrard to compliment Carroll with his passing and running, fairly obvious. Maxi was a surprise exclusion from the City game and wasn't even the bench, which could only mean he is being prepared for Stoke.

Carroll and Doni is obvious.

Yes, it would be wiser to keep more width given how Stoke always tend to try to narrow the field with their mid yet I still feel this formation would be key to unlocking their defense nonetheless as its better we stick to our system and hopefully not 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 am

Bellamy hopefuly doesn't feature in this. At all. He was subbed off around the 80th minute mark though, arq.

We need him against City.

And have we ever played a 442 with Stevie in the squad? ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:29 am

ynwa wrote:Bellamy hopefuly doesn't feature in this. At all. He was subbed off around the 80th minute mark though, arq.

We need him against City.

And have we ever played a 442 with Stevie in the squad? ._.

I think it was the season in which we drew these shitholes 0-0 both times.. Stevie played RM in some games in a 4-4-2 as well.. Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Aurelio may have played as a CDM before, but I would be surprised to see him there this weekend. I would put money on Adam starting alongside Gerrard or Hendo (depending on where Gerrard fits in) in CM.

Given Stoke's trademark solid defense (see also: parking the bus), I think it's very possible that Kenny picks a more positive, creative lineup this weekend. I expect to see the likes of Maxi, and Adam both in the squad for this one.

Possible Lineup:
---------------Reina----------------
Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
----------Hendo-Adam-----------
Downing---Gerrard---Maxi-----
---------------Carroll--------------

It's a far more positive lineup than we saw against City at the Ethiad. However, as I said before, not only are there different expectation of the squad, but they face a team that is far more likely to sit back and soak up pressure.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 pm

First Liverpool game ever I'll watch after 3PM.

Unreal feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21) 13600610

Most likely Sterling in training with 1st team. . . Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:39 am

ynwa wrote:I really hate how defenders are deemed good enough to play in a DM role because they're good with the ball in their feet. Just no. But I hate myself so I'm going to say put Aurelio there. He's done the role before.

Won't be suprised if we play a 352 for this. Pass and move. Stoke are going to put 8 men behind the ball, we need to play a deep defensive line. That Jones guy is quick. ._.

We'll get a penalty. Gerrard will convert. He'll go 3 goals in 4 games in 2012. Very Happy
There really was more to my post than that. Also, Aurelio probably doesn't have the fitness.

Fahim89 wrote:Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21) 13600610

Most likely Sterling in training with 1st team. . . Liverpool-Stoke City: EPL (round # 21) 3176931354
That is Sterling, yes. Coady can be seen there as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 am

Finally! A game I'll be able to watch. Smile
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:56 am

So no words on Spearing!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:30 am

@iftikhar

Spearing likely to miss Stoke and will be fit within a week.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:35 am

@ red, that wasn't really aimed at you, was stating it in general.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:18 am

Coady was training with the squad....maybe we'll a surprise start from him
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 am

Darn, will miss this game as every sports bar in Helsinki seems to be showing either Chelsea's or Manc United's game, or both, but not this one......

But, as long as we score first, this really should be three points in the bag. Although saying that is just stupid after all the draws we've had at Anfield in this campaign.....
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 am

Art Morte wrote:Darn, will miss this game as every sports bar in Helsinki seems to be showing either Chelsea's or Manc United's game, or both, but not this one......

But, as long as we score first, this really should be three points in the bag. Although saying that is just stupid after all the draws we've had at Anfield in this campaign.....

Live stream! :cyclops:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:07 am

Nishank wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Darn, will miss this game as every sports bar in Helsinki seems to be showing either Chelsea's or Manc United's game, or both, but not this one......

Live stream! :cyclops:

Haven't got my computer here with me : /

Placed two euros on a draw between Chelsea and Sunderland and gonna just go watch that one while cheching BBC's live text for updates from our game Razz
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:56 pm

RedOranje wrote:That is Sterling, yes. Coady can be seen there as well.

Could hardly see Sterling mate . . . Smile didn't notice Coady . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Btw both Coady & Sterling are rumored to be on the bench tonight! ! ! . . . . would love to see Sterling in action tonight :mental:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Liverpool: Reina, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Gerrard, Kuyt.

Subs: Aurelio, Carroll, Doni, Shelvey, Kelly, Flanagan, Bellamy.

Edit: plz do ignore my previous posts . . . no Sterling or Coady Sad . . .

And a confusing line-up scratch

Last edited by Fahim89 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Stoke: Sorensen, Woodgate, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Delap, Whelan, Palacios, Etherington, Walters, Crouch.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I dont feel right for this one.
No idea, But i see us struggling.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:53 pm

:facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Clubber
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next